Golf 2016 US Open from Oakmont Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

article-2596538-1CD0B93A00000578-96_634x962.jpg

First time I've seen the footage of the Dj roll. He put the club head down fairly forcibly right next to the ball and about a second later it moves. Surely he gets penalised.
I disagree that it was a penalty. Another player escaped a penalty when his ball moved after he grounded the putter behind the ball. Where is the consistency, especially considering the one I described was obvious.
On the same subject, I walked up to my ball on an uphill green. My ball was just off the back sitting on a massive slant facing back to the green. I couldn't believe it stayed there without rolling back down onto the green. I waited for others to chip onto the green while staying away from my ball. Next minute the ball starts rolling onto the green and my playing partner wanted to penalise me. I said 'what for?' as I hadn't even gone close to the ball. It is fair to say that a tough shot from across the back of the green became an easier birdie putt. Did I break any rules?

I disagree that it was a penalty. Another player escaped a penalty when his ball moved after he grounded the putter behind the ball. Where is the consistency, especially considering the one I described was obvious.
On the same subject, I walked up to my ball on an uphill green. My ball was just off the back sitting on a massive slant facing back to the green. I couldn't believe it stayed there without rolling back down onto the green. I waited for others to chip onto the green while staying away from my ball. Next minute the ball starts rolling onto the green and my playing partner wanted to penalise me. I said 'what for?' as I hadn't even gone close to the ball. It is fair to say that a tough shot from across the back of the green became an easier birdie putt. Did I break any rules?

no penalty for mine of your situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back