Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win.
Kilkenny really bossing the middle of the pitch all season long. My bro said to me at the last home game, "it's ridiculous we don't have a song for Kilkenny, he's our best player".
Castro doing Castro things again, and Ikonomidis and Davidson were good too.
I really liked the selection of Chianese up front before kick off, expecting him to be a danger from through-balls and on the counter, as well as pushing Broxham back, but the game didn't really play out like that and I think, in hindsight, Keogh would've been better.
I really, really hope they use HBF (formerly nib) if we host finals; selling out to Optus would rob us our home-ground advantage and degrade what would be an awesome atmosphere at a packed out HBF. My understanding is that there are tentative bookings at Optus.

Great win.
Kilkenny really bossing the middle of the pitch all season long. My bro said to me at the last home game, "it's ridiculous we don't have a song for Kilkenny, he's our best player".
Castro doing Castro things again, and Ikonomidis and Davidson were good too.
I really liked the selection of Chianese up front before kick off, expecting him to be a danger from through-balls and on the counter, as well as pushing Broxham back, but the game didn't really play out like that and I think, in hindsight, Keogh would've been better.
I really, really hope they use HBF (formerly nib) if we host finals; selling out to Optus would rob us our home-ground advantage and degrade what would be an awesome atmosphere at a packed out HBF. My understanding is that there are tentative bookings at Optus.

Chianese is the master of getting himself into a great position and then fluffing it

There's only going to be one elimination/semi final in Perth prior to the GF. Hopefully it's enough to build a massive hype. And we win. Sydney FC finished 14 clear on top last year and lost their semi. Which is funny when it's them but not so much us.

speaking of, Sydney got a crowd of 17k in their semi-final, in a 45k capacity stadium. this is a city with almost 3x as many people as Perf. I can already feel the embarassment of watching the GF in a 3/4 empty stadium.

we haven't even cracked 12k this season despite playing great football and winning all the time, not sure why anyone would think we'd get anywhere close to the 55k record.

20k in nib would be rocking, Optus stadium with 30,000 empty seats will be complete bullshit. like gaskin said, money will win out and they'll completely kill the atmosphere for the sake of a few extra tickets.
Thing is, people in Perth will flock to something like this even if they aren’t a fan just so they can say they are going.

Thing is, people in Perth will flock to something like this even if they aren’t a fan just so they can say they are going.

That doesn't make it better though, does it? Soccer on an oval field is just garbage, and I'm convinced a slightly larger crowd which will mostly consist of people wearing EPL jerseys is an improvement on nib.

They are a bunch of theatregoing ****s though.

Perth got 42,000 people to an AFLW game.

Well if we charge $2 a ticket for the GF I'm sure we'll fill it up easily

That's what they did in the NSL.

Tickets for the 1999 finals at the WACA sold out in no time. Tickets for the 2000 finals at Subi were even harder to get.

Bubble burst the following year and the novelty factor disappeared overnight. The two GFs against "Olympic Sharks" (FMD) were freebie central. A mate of mine turned up one day with a roll of 10 or 20 tickets which I think he was given simply because he was a sports teacher. 20 tickets in 2000 you could've scalped for $100 each.

So 43k, 43k and 38k for 3 GFs but very different atmospheres.

If it were to be at Optus, they would need to make the tickets affordable and not $100+. If they were around $50 then I could see us getting a pretty decent crowd at Optus but much more than that and I don't think many will show up. The goal at all times should be to entice families to come along and bring the kids but nobody is going to do that if they are having to spend 100s to go to a game.

That doesn't make it better though, does it? Soccer on an oval field is just garbage, and I'm convinced a slightly larger crowd which will mostly consist of people wearing EPL jerseys is an improvement on nib.

I agree with you. I just know what Perth people are like. They’ll jump on the bandwagon any chance there is possible success on the horizon then bail as soon as things fall by the wayside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you. I just know what Perth people are like. They’ll jump on the bandwagon any chance there is possible success on the horizon then bail as soon as things fall by the wayside.

Damn Perth people, they ruined Perth!

1405144711539.jpg

If it’s at Optus they need to use the special configuration for the rectangular field the sliding seats and make the tickets cheap asf

Chelsea vs Glory tickets went for as low as $25-30. 55k turned up, although I suspect 40k of those would've been eurosnobs or immigrants.

Chelsea vs Glory tickets went for as low as $25-30. 55k turned up, although I suspect 40k of those would've been eurosnobs or immigrants.
Went to that game and the atmosphere was really good, despite the rain.

If you got 30k to a GF at Optus, the place would be rocking.

That was the easiest game we have had in years. It really should have been 10 at least with the chances we had.

Now we have 3 away on the bounce so let's hope we get through those without losing and keep the momentum going.

Credit where it is due lads Glory playing great football and deservedly top. I did Perth away a few times in the NSL days as a kid and the Glory hype was huge. Any chance it comes back? Is it Sage just not promoting the club like Tana did?

Lack of promotion is probably part of it. The big one is ticket prices.

They pretty much are just using social media to promote things.

What do/are the other clubs doing? I guess being a one club town means we don’t see much of what the other a league clubs are doing

For other codes I see a few bus ads but that’s about it

I don’t watch much FTA TV or subscription either so can’t say anything about that

What do/are the other clubs doing? I guess being a one club town means we don’t see much of what the other a league clubs are doing

For other codes I see a few bus ads but that’s about it

I don’t watch much FTA TV or subscription either so can’t say anything about that

Not really sure what other clubs are doing specifically. Glory suffers a lot because the papers focus on the Eagles and Dockers and what they do in the off season more than sports that are actually running. I know Nick Taylor for the West is at almost every Glory media conference but he can only write so much and if his bosses don’t want to put it on the back page then there’s nothing he/Glory can do.

I mean Glory players show up on radio shows but again they are 6PR or local footballing channels, occasionally 929 but that only takes you so far.

They need to start utilising more paper and radio ads during some prime time. Possibly some TV too although I personally, and am sure many others, don’t watch FTA often so perhaps targeting people through YouTube/Facebook instead of just sponsored posts.

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether Sagey wants to spend his money towards those avenues too. Staff hands are tied if so.

I personally would have got someone to film the Popovic revolution through this whole season and do a Netflix doco style thing. Would have been the first professional Oz club (I think) to do so and could really have capitalised on it. You see how many people have actually warmed a bit towards Sunderlands plight even though many hated the club prior to watching it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back