Prediction 2017 - Buddy Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that we're all locked in for the year with our buddies it's time to lay down some expectations. What do they have to do to get a pass mark from you?

Just like last year the format for your expectations should be ranked from A to D grade, at the end of the season we can all look back and have a laugh.

Format -
Buddy Name
A Grade - Well beyond expectations
B Grade - Above expectations
C Grade - Average expectations
D Grade - Shocking year, has done a Sylvia

Matt Taberner

A Grade - Play 20+ games and kicks 40+ goals. Get off the chain and kick 4+ on at least four occasions. Creates a strong partnership up forward with McCarthy. Last year Tabs finished 20th in the league for contested marks. He needs to up that to the top 15 for contested marks.

B Grade - Play 20+ games and kick 30+ goals. Playing his part in a cohesive forward line that allows our other talls to kick goals and brings our smalls into the action. Top 20 again for contested marks.

C Grade - Play most games 15+. Average around a goal a game. Draws the defender but never really threatens to dominate. Plays more up the wing due to not being able to kick the goals.

D Grade - Struggles to impact and is dropped fairly quickly from the best 22. Dominates at WAFL only to fizzle again when reselected for the 22. (Never gonna happen).

Last edited:

Cam McCarthy

A Grade - achieves the cult status of Clive and Kep in his first year

B Grade - 20+ games, 45 + goals

C Grade - 20+ games, 30+ goals

D Grade - seeks advice from Pav on the advantages of a regular shave and haircut and acts on that advice
So... he's already an A grader and next to Pav in the club greats then :thumbsu:

Brad 'Billy' Hill #9

A Grade - Kicks 20+ goals, #1 in the club for metres gained, #1 in the club for most bounces, kicking efficiency of 80%+, averages 20+ disposals a game (65%:35% kicks to handball ratio).

B Grade - Kicks 15 - 20 goals, top 5 in the club for metres gained, kicking efficiency of 70%+, averages 15 - 20 disposals a game (55%:45% kicks to handball ratio).

C Grade - Kicks 10 - 15 goals, top 10 in the club for metres gained, kicking efficiency of 60%+, averages 15 - 20 disposals a game (50%:40% kicks to handball ratio). Gets caught for speeding and Crumpet Face makes him out to be worse than Hitler and Saddam Hussein combined.

D Grade - Shocking year, has done a Sylvia.

Cam McCarthy

achieves the cult status of Clive and Kep in his first year

Steady on, yep I want Cam having a darn good season, but to achieve cult status like Clive would be a miracle !!!!!.

Maybe that will happen, .................. priests do wear purple.

Zac Clarke

A Grade - Plays every game and rucks for the majority of the C bounces. Kicks 20 goals and leads the league in hit outs and contested marks. Wins the Doig and is top 3 in the Brownlow.

B Grade - Plays majority of games. Kicks 10 goals.

C Grade - Doesn't play every game

D Grade - 2017 mirrors 2016

Brady "Bam Bam" Grey

A Grade: Crash tackles every Eagles player in each of the derbies, cutting through them like a hot knife through butter.

B Grade: Misses one of the derbies, but crash tackles every Eagles player in the other, cutting through them like a bunch of hot knife through butter.

C Grade: Plays forward and only smashes the Eagles defenders, or plays back and only smashes the Eagles forwards.

D Grade: Plays the whole season for Peel and smashes all the Eagles players in the East Perth games.

Brady "Bam Bam" Grey

A Grade: Crash tackles every Eagles player in each of the derbies, cutting through them like a hot knife through butter.

B Grade: Misses one of the derbies, but crash tackles every Eagles player in the other, cutting through them like a bunch of hot knife through butter.

C Grade: Plays forward and only smashes the Eagles defenders, or plays back and only smashes the Eagles forwards.

D Grade: Plays the whole season for Peel and smashes all the Eagles players in the East Perth games.
Hahahah I like it loh.

Nyhuis

A grade : Play well in NaB and get promote into main squad before season start

B grade: play well in WAfl

C grade : injured himself when he getting ready to be call up to senior squad

D grade: relegated to play for peel reserve majority of the time.

Cameron McCarthy

A Grade: All Australian, top five in Coleman, top five in b&f, 60 goals from 24 games with one game of seven goals and another four games of five goals.

B Grade: 45 goals from 22 games, top ten in the b&f, leads team in score assists, most effective kick inside fifty.

C Grade: 25 goals from 18 games, presents well and makes the most of limited opportunities, uses the ball well up field and kicks the ones Mayne would have missed.

D Grade: can't get a kick, drops his head and falls off the pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for the KPF's because a lot of their output is dependent on the delivery they get from the midfield. Last year we were poor in that respect.

#34 Lee Spurr

The man is already one of our very best players. Dominates almost every statistical measure for the club. Has played 22 or more games for the past 4 years. Hard for him to improve really. Steady as she goes mate!

A Grade - Well beyond expectations
Brownlow!!!
Get a vote. One single vote. Cmon champ - you can do it. 104 games, zero votes. 2017 is your year! JJ has put half back flankers in the lime light. Time to strike.

B Grade - Above expectations
Kicks a goal!!!
5 years, 104 games, 5 goals - all coming in 2013-2014. Don't make it three years between celebrations, clearly loves a goal!

C Grade - Average expectations

Just keep on keeping on. Rinse and repeat of 2016. Here are some 2016 stats that might surprise most people reading this;

398 disposals - 6th best for team. Aim for 400, hopefully it's like 10th best for team.

81% disposal efficiency - second only to our other very talented, highly skilled defender, Mr Zac Dawson @ 83%. Aim for club leader in 2017.

147 marks - club leader ahead of Mayne on 109. Keep leading the club.

110 intercept possessions - club leader in yet another category. Do it again son.

Mentor our young kids coming through in Weller, Croz, Tucker, Ryan, Logue, Nyhuis - but not too well or you'll lose your spot.

D Grade - Shocking year, has done a Sylvia
Ross can no longer tolerate his lack of pace and long bombs to nobody in particular. Dropped to Peel by mid year. Requests trade to Eagles, glasses a few people and caught naked in a kebab shop.

Joel Hamling

A Grade: Plays every game continuing his form on from last years finals campaign. Makes AA squad, top 5 B&F.

B Grade: Cements his spot in the best 22, cleaning some KPFs up. Top 10 in the B&F.

C Grade: Plays 10-15 games, looks solid but not a best 22 lock.

D Grade: Plays less than 10 games and loses his spot to Dawson.

Zac Dawson

I'm actually really glad I picked up Dawson as a buddy late in the draft.
He is by no means a star level player. But he have heart and is a good contest.
Yes, he punched the ball when he should have taken a mark. His handpass is a tad to fast for his team mates.
But the one thing he do, he do it really well.
I really don't recall any forwards kicking a big score against him since he joined us.

I think what is missing from our new backline is some experience. Dawson is probably the most experienced among the lot besides MJ.
Ideally, MJ recovers well and remained healthy to do this job. Else, I won't be surprise if Dawson is brought in to provide some experience and help keep the defensive structure in place.
Either way, one of our biggest problem last 2 seasons is our difficulty in move the ball out of our defensive 50. It's quite obvious that Zac needs to be more confident in his ball handling and at least stop being a liability in this department.

A Grade
- Play majority of our games and provide leadership in the backline as the last man in defense.
- Kick 1 goal this season :p
- achieve everything in B Grade.

B Grade
- Keep opposition KPF to less than 1 goal per game.
- Keep his panicky quick handball to unsuspecting teammate to only once per game.

C Grade
- Best KPD in Peel.

D Grade
- Did not meet C grade and got in trouble with MRP by accidentally punching someone with his golden fist.
- Unless its an Eagle. Then he gets C (He gets B if it's Sam 'Knee' Mitchell).

Ethan Hughes:

A Grade: Plays 18+ games and becomes one of the brightest young running defenders in the competition.

B Grade: Plays 16+ and looks like part of our team going forward. Sure he doesn't get the attention that an A Grade would from others but we'll all see it.

C Grade: In and out of the side. We see a bit but at the same time we know that others are ahead of him for now going forward.

D Grade: Barely plays AFL for the year either through injuries or lack of performance for Peel.

Overall I've picked a player I quite like but at the same time I do didn't want a Fyfe, Weller, Walters or McCarthy who everyone will love and will find it hard to get much criticism from any real dockers supporter. I wanted a player on the edge of the best 22, which I hope Hughes can at least be.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nick Suban
A Grade - Brownlow Medalist
B Grade - Brownlow Medal runner up
C Grade - Doig Medalist
D Grade - Play 25 games, kick 20 goals and lead the competition in inside-50s.
F Grade - Impossible

Nick Suban
C Grade - Doig Medalist
F Grade - Impossible

Sandover ?

Nick Suban
C Grade - Doig Medalist
F Grade - Impossible
honestly not too far off some of the suggestions so far! We actually have some harsh graders on this board by the looks of it!

Ibbo

Expect a mentoring role for Ibbo going forward. Will likely line up for Peel more than the main 22. His best is All Australian but that may have past him by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ibbo

Expect a mentoring role for Ibbo going forward. Will likely line up for Peel more than the main 22. His best is All Australian but that may have past him by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmm. Ibbotson is actually in the age range where he should be our general down back. Sounds like you have given up on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back