2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

What a choice, one side who has cheated and disregarded the cap for years and spent big on players and coaches with their Domain bar takings and the other an alignment club . I'd take the alignment club,at least they arent cheats and work within the rules.;)

I understand all that. But I got bullied for a decade as a kid because I was a Subiaco supporter. Happy to see the reversal.
I barracked against them for the first time when Freo aligned with Peel, but still sing the song when Subi win. It's a good kind of conflicted.

What's wrong with Schloithe? I like him! I was surprised when he was delisted by us after only one year. I like him - bloody hard at it, doesn't take a backward step, flies the flag for his team mates, ball magnet, consistent, bring his team-mates into it... everything that you'd want in a player. The only other guy I would have really liked to see win it would have been Tim Kelly.

(But then I am a Souths supporter so there may be some small amount of bias here. Good to see a Souths player win it AFAIC!)

Hams it up too much !!!!.

I understand all that. But I got bullied for a decade as a kid because I was a Subiaco supporter. Happy to see the reversal.
I barracked against them for the first time when Freo aligned with Peel, but still sing the song when Subi win. It's a good kind of conflicted.

Being bullied as a Subi fan gave you plenty of practice to follow the Dockers .:D

Peel Votes Tally

17 O Brien
16 Sheridan
15 Taberner
12 Jetta, Sutcliffe
11 Deluca
9 T. Bennell
8 Balic, D.Pearce
6 Darcy
5 Cox, Griffin, Hughes, Nyhuis
4 Logue, Matthews, Tucker
3 Collins, Suban

Wow it looks like the Umpires didn't want to give the players any votes along with any free kicks!!!!

Wow it looks like the Umpires didn't want to give the players any votes along with any free kicks!!!!

Not really. There is more of an even spread than other teams.

If you want to talk about being conflicted, try being a life-long East Perth supporter. Used to walk to Perth Oval every game. My life has been miserable these last few years.
I'm from the East Perth catchment area so guys I grew up with went on to play there. Isn't it just the worst.

Delicious salty tears.
My favourite kind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the "hates Freo" line is bs. He voiced his disappointment at his mate Croz being overlooked for Rd 1 which was totally justified and out of that some people took it that he was anti-Freo.

He's a very good footballer and totally deserved to win a Sandover. I hope he gets another chance in the AFL and can apply himself to the required level this time.

Nah, he called our club a joke and said he is glad he is not there anymore.

I'm pretty sure I copied all the names off the final leaderboard screen correctly. There'd be some who got less than 3 votes. I remember Naughton being called out for 2 votes.

We were all excited on this board hearing about Luke Ryan's 30 possession game for Peel the week before he got picked to play for Fremantle - but that performance wasn't rewarded by the umpires (or I might have missed copying down his name).

I heard someone say on one of the media outlets covering the Sandover that there were a lot of new umpires introduced this year into the WAFL.

Balic 8 votes from 4 games.
Lamb 1 vote from 18 games.

Curious thing I discovered looking through some Instagram posts (some might call it stalking - I'll say that I was just looking around to get an indication of whether there was any chance of Balic staying at Fremantle) is that Balic and Lamb both attended the same High School and it appears from the pictures and comments that Balic's girlfriend was Lamb's gf in 2016.

Curious thing I discovered looking through some Instagram posts (some might call it stalking - I'll say that I was just looking around to get an indication of whether there was any chance of Balic staying at Fremantle) is that Balic and Lamb both attended the same High School and it appears from the pictures and comments that Balic's girlfriend was Lamb's gf in 2016.
There's a lot of that that goes on. One gold digger gas been through 3-4 of our team. Bad egg

The irony if it was Blakely who stole his gf :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back