AFL 2018 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

2/3 split between Gaz and Tommy Mitchell 1 votes for me with Worpel not having the credit in the banks. But tommy still racked up 30 disposals with not long left in the first to final siren and the umpires were watching him/Scooter alot and gave him a free or 2.

May sneak 1 today but unlikely.

I have Neale clear leader at Freo with a likely 3 today, his odds have been ridiculous for ages particularly with fair chance Fyfe done for year.

What price was Neale before this round.
Could be his first 3 for the year
I think he will poll in as many games as fyfe but 1s 2s
Fall short

Didn’t see the Melbourne game today. Did Oliver do enough to pinch a vote? Those place odds of $4 Are looking solid

I thought Swans Dees was a tough one for votes, potential to Kennedy, Heeney, Brayshaw and Oliver for mine. Problem with backing players is you become extremely biased watching the players you are hoping to do well. Even if you are trying to be impartial you cannot help yourself because you simply pay more attention to them. Eg: I thought Kennedy was huge today but commentators didn’t see it the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 21

ESS v ST K
3 A McDonad-Tipungwati (Ess)
2 Z Merrett (Ess)
1 S Ross (St K)

HAW v GEEL
3 G Ablett (Geel)
2 P Dangerfield (Geel)
1 T Mitchell (Haw)

GC v RICH
3 J Riewoldt (Rich)
2 J Caddy (Rich)
1 D Martin (Rich)

PA v WCE
3 L Shuey (WCE)
2 T Jonas (PA)
1 E Yeo (WCE)

GWS v ADEL
3 L Whitfield (GWS)
2 B Smith (Adel)
1 C Ward (GWS)

COLL v BRIS
3 J DeGoey (Coll)
2 T Adams (Coll)
1 D Beams (Bris)

NM v WB
3 M Bontempelli (WB)
2 J Macrae (WB)
1 C Daniel (WB)

MELB v SYD
3 J Lloyd (Syd)
2 I Heeney (Syd)
1 C Oliver (Melb)

FREO v CARL
3 L Neale (Freo)
2 E Langdon (Freo)
1 D Mundy (Freo)

LEADERBOARD

29 T Mitchell (Haw)
23 P Cripps (Carl), D Martin (Rich), C Oliver (Melb)
22 M Gawn (Melb)
21 D Heppell (Ess)
20 L Neale (Freo), D Beams (Bris)

ROUND 21

ESS v ST K
3 A McDonad-Tipungwati (Ess)
2 Z Merrett (Ess)
1 S Ross (St K)

HAW v GEEL
3 G Ablett (Geel)
2 P Dangerfield (Geel)
1 T Mitchell (Haw)

GC v RICH
3 J Riewoldt (Rich)
2 J Caddy (Rich)
1 D Martin (Rich)

PA v WCE
3 L Shuey (WCE)
2 T Jonas (PA)
1 E Yeo (WCE)

GWS v ADEL
3 L Whitfield (GWS)
2 B Smith (Adel)
1 C Ward (GWS)

COLL v BRIS
3 J DeGoey (Coll)
2 T Adams (Coll)
1 D Beams (Bris)

NM v WB
3 M Bontempelli (WB)
2 J Macrae (WB)
1 C Daniel (WB)

MELB v SYD
3 J Lloyd (Syd)
2 I Heeney (Syd)
1 C Oliver (Melb)

FREO v CARL
3 L Neale (Freo)
2 E Langdon (Freo)
1 D Mundy (Freo)

LEADERBOARD

29 T Mitchell (Haw)
23 P Cripps (Carl), D Martin (Rich), C Oliver (Melb)
22 M Gawn (Melb)
21 D Heppell (Ess)
20 L Neale (Freo), D Beams (Bris)
No heppell Fri nite, had him bog

yeh heppell was definately in the best two friday night, call me crazy but is Isaac Smith $13 most votes without mitchell a chance at hawks? Omeara is crazy short $1.55 breust $3.50 but i hear lots of people say Smith has had his best most consistent year.. he kicks long goals too and runs with the ball..just seems a little overs as Mitchell will dominate the votes.... so the second placed hawks might only poll 10-12 so the margins between Breust/Smith/Omeara might only be a few votes.. making the $13 a shot

Oliver didn't strike me as super damaging but not many were given how they butchered the ball.

I'd be giving Papley a vote over him for example given he snagged 3 very timely goals

Papley nearly edged out Oliver for me also but Olly massive last term may stick in umps minds - could easily be wrong though

just went through the first 10 rounds and yeh really like Fyfe to lead... he is most likely BOG In the 4 wins.. then was dominant in a spanking vs Richmond.. many had him best on but i gave him 2 to be conservative... also given him 1 vs North as he was amazing early on and despite Jacobs quelling him after qtr1 ... the game was close enough and he got 7 frees for... i Think he will get the 1 ahead of Walters in a losing effort.. i was also very favourable to Mitchell and Macrae giving them a couple 1's when maybe they wont poll.. I wound up at

FYFE : 15, MACRAE 14, MITCHELL 14.. but that was being favourable to Mitch and Macrae as I am keen on backing fyfe and did a more kind of worse case scenario type thing.. remember fyfe is an absolute umpires darling and whilst mitchell will win the brownlow i dont think he will have enough votes early to be ahead of fyfe and there are still slight question marks on him and macrae getting the votes from their possessions EVERY GAME... much more confident in Fyfe polling to his max ability early..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back