Game Day 2018 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahhh Buckley has been condemned to wander the the earth never finding the promised land . He will never win a flag ..

I reckon as soon as that winning goal went through the middle every memorabilia seller in Australia would have thrown up. West Coke's win has cost them millions.
Mind you, memorabilia sellers in Perth probably ejaculated at that moment.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I had no idea.

Now all I want is for Dennis to go up to Figjam & ask: "so how do you like them apples"?
I'm surprised that Buckley didn't end up coaching North when you consider Buckley's love for Apples and our sickening affiliation with the Apple Isle. :stern look

I'm surprised that Buckley didn't end up coaching North when you consider Buckley's love for Apples and our sickening affiliation with the Apple Isle. :stern look
You should be in marketing - I bet Euge didn't even make that connection at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw in 2008 for Clarkson, and 2007 and 2009 as Bomber Thompson was an assistant under Denis and that's 9 of the last 12. In which time NMFC has won jack s**t.

Yeah but look how many times have we finished the season on top!

Top of the teams that didnt make the finals.

The only experience I have of losing a Grand Final was in 1998 - the worst day of my life that didn't include the death of a loved one and its aftermath. It hurts. A lot. I have some good mates who are Collingwood fans and I feel sorry for them. On the other hand, the Collingwood fans who aren't mates are idiots so stuff 'em.

15 premierships and 27 runners-up equates to Collingwood finishing either 1 or 2 in 42 of 122 seasons - better than 1 in every three years Collingwood are in the mix. But a one out of three record in Grand Finals in poor. The next most Runners-up is * with only 14.

For those who count only the AFL era, most runners-up since 1990
4 - Geelong
4 - Collingwood
4 - Sydney
3 - St.Kilda
3 - West Coast
2 - Carlton
2 - Essendon
1 - North Melbourne
1 - Brisbane Lions
1 - Port Adelaide
1 - Melbourne
1 - Hawthorn
1 - Fremantle
1 - Adelaide

And most Grand Final appearances (not counting the 2010 replay)
7 - Geelong
7 - West Coast
6 - Collingwood
6 - Sydney
6 - Hawthorn
4 - Brisbane Lions
4 - Essendon
3 - St.Kilda
3 - Carlton
3 - North Melbourne
3 - Adelaide
2 - Port Adelaide
1 - Melbourne
1 - Fremantle
1 - Western Bulldogs
1 - Richmond

Cut my arm after that game. Even being completely smashed i still remember the bartenders face when i ordered a beer while blood was spurting out 4 feet onto the bar.
Back in those days it was no competition between beer or fixing myself up.

Long may the curse continue
09b93c9f1c3327704c2f8236e1d2948c.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

10/10 to Buckley for taking the time to console the cheer squad following the banner disintegration. Thought that was all class.
Yep. Hugged the cheer squad whose banner fell to bits, hugged the runner who stuffed up their free in the last quarter, hugged the players who blew a 30 point lead - spent all day hugging failures. Sweet.

Simmo swats the handshake away, goes for a hug.

You can tell that meant alot to Simmo and it meant the world to Dennis. North fans can appreciate this day for that moment.
Simmo is brave. I remember doing Aikido in the 2000's and the master brought in a special guest to train us for the day. Turned out to be none other than Sensai Pagan.

I asked him if he was still pissed off at Schwass and Archer for 1997. He grabbed my wrist and flipped me through a trestle table. I set him off because he started flipping people left right and centre.

For Simmo to do that to Pagan and not end up getting flipped off the stage just highlights the love he has for Simmo. Touching moment.

AboveTheLaw-16-sg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back