2018 LFFL Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s around about this time of the draft you start liking picks because you didn’t want them.
Nah loved the Lewis pick. But also hated it. Because he was my next pick. I ummed and ahhed at my pick hoping he'd get through. I knew with a lot of newbies they might look younger/take punts. I did have a feeling if anyone took him it would be you. If Pete Wright was still available I would have taken Lewis and hoped one of Wright/McCartin was there, but needed that extra KPF to be safe. So yeah, good pick certainly at this stage.

Nah loved the Lewis pick. But also hated it. Because he was my next pick. I ummed and ahhed at my pick hoping he'd get through. I knew with a lot of newbies they might look younger/take punts. I did have a feeling if anyone took him it would be you. If Pete Wright was still available I would have taken Lewis and hoped one of Wright/McCartin was there, but needed that extra KPF to be safe. So yeah, good pick certainly at this stage.

Only need him to play one more good year, right?

Only need him to play one more good year, right?
Yeah at this stage you don't need carryovers, but it's lucky if you get them. Only reason that tipped McCartin in my favour is that he a) obviously has the game time and b) if he stays fit by the sounds of his pre-season results has the endurance base now to play a Riewoldt like role. If he gets up to 35 for example (ave 30 last year despite being knocked out regularly), then he's carryover material. The only thing that concerned me re: Lewis was whether the Dees start to rest him for the odd game to prolong him a bit, especially if they're heading towards finals. But he was certainly "best available" in my eyes if you look at pure averages/output.

It’s around about this time of the draft you start liking picks because you didn’t want them.
I almost get a sense of relief when somebody finally takes the dude sitting priority 3 on my list for 5 rounds straight. My likes are reserved for the damn, I would have taken him for sure. I think I owe Drew about a couple more likes; Heeney and Wingard were two. I also owe a like to WAG and sr20 for Wallis and Libba.

I almost get a sense of relief when somebody finally takes the dude sitting priority 3 on my list for 5 rounds straight. My likes are reserved for the damn, I would have taken him for sure. I think I owe Drew about a couple more likes; Heeney and Wingard were two. I also owe a like to WAG and sr20 for Wallis and Libba.
You're pretty loyal to Libba aren't you? Number one fan? :p You've ridden his highs and lows that's for sure.

You're pretty loyal to Libba aren't you? Number one fan? :p You've ridden his highs and lows that's for sure.
Haha, true, mate. It gets me thinking about the "Old Boys" we draft back to our club. This year we get back Liam Shiels, who despite a few years elsewhere, is a fave of hours. You personally got a lot of cheap gags at my expense over my manlove for him when he was about 18! We also welcome back Armitage, although I wouldn't consider him the ultimate Mozzie, despite a season for us quite a few back. Kade Simpson is another MOzzie Old Boy, having been on our list more than off it. Still, we'll miss Libba, but he'll be back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When can we reduce time limits? This is really starting to lag
It's the individual who gets reduced time limits as per the OP in the draft thread, so M5 will be down to the six hours. But easy done with preference lists. I think we're rolling along quite smoothly overall.

Haha damn, I've been waiting to pull the trigger on Dunstan for some time. Decided I'll do it at my pick in two picks time. Two picks too late.
Me too. I'll get to my pick tonight as a result. Blame WAG for the delayed draft. ;)

Me too. I'll get to my pick tonight as a result. Blame WAG for the delayed draft. ;)
There's always Aaron Mullett. Oh wait, he's actually a good player now. And taken. What is even LFFL when the butts of our jokes actually materialise into something good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back