2018 Prospects / Never again list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nic Nat Will be an automatic pick, given he could have played this year ......particularly if Coaches were prepared to select Nank this year

I will prob change my mind by then given there is no clear 2nd ruck option next to gawn but NN is a no at the moment. All recent guys returning from long term lay offs have taken time to hit top scoring Fyfe Beams Ryder plus a fit Lycett to the mix

From now on I'll definitely spend a bit more money in the Ruck just to have some good bench cover.

Obviously in hindsight this year I would have started with Nankervis & Sandilands with Witts on the bench.

Next year I'll be looking at something like Gawn/Nic Nat, then someone $250K or below who will play quite a bit on the bench as cover for injuries/byes.

From now on I'll definitely spend a bit more money in the Ruck just to have some good bench cover.

Obviously in hindsight this year I would have started with Nankervis & Sandilands with Witts on the bench.

Next year I'll be looking at something like Gawn/Nic Nat, then someone $250K or below who will play quite a bit on the bench as cover for injuries/byes.
Hopefully there will be a couple of decent FWD/RUCK DPP players to choose from next year.

Hopefully there will be a couple of decent FWD/RUCK DPP players to choose from next year.

Hmm hopefully, I can't think of many off the top of my head to be honest aha. Only one I can think of is Buzza from Geelong because he's been helping out at times, plus Geelong will be looking to get more games into him, so he's definitely one I could see being FWD/RUC and not too expensive.

Who else are we thinking? Max Gawn has kicked a goal this year he MUST be FWD/RUC :p

Hmm hopefully, I can't think of many off the top of my head to be honest aha. Only one I can think of is Buzza from Geelong because he's been helping out at times, plus Geelong will be looking to get more games into him, so he's definitely one I could see being FWD/RUC and not too expensive.

Who else are we thinking? Max Gawn has kicked a goal this year he MUST be FWD/RUC :p
Lycett.
Played half a game. Scored 58.2

$452 - discount

How's he gonna score with Nic Nat back though? Plus Vardy has been okay at times this season will he be in seniors next year?
Should come straight in and compete with Vardy and maybe Petrie. Difference is Lycett has a decent scoring history when fit and firing. Regular tonnes.
Might get a 30% discount with only the one game making him 316k

Didnt realise Fyfe bumped his average to 108 not as cheap as I thought he was gonna be. Hope he has a super queit one this week for 2 reasons now. Either way locked in unless there is some preseason injury
Still cheap for a guy that has averaged 122 and 124 in consecutive seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield, Fyfe, Cripps, Dusty are all locked in for me. Will also be picking one of Z. Merrett/T. Mitchell still deciding which one.

R. Gray & Petracca up forward thank you very much.
Titch. Zerrett has started getting attention the last few weeks and his scores have been copping a bit of a hit.

Want to see him working through it but I can definitely see him in my final squad. Dangerfield, T.Mitchell, D.Martin, Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Z.Merrett and Kelly is who I'm looking at to finish with.

So much time before next year, but I'm currently getting a chubby for this finished midfield.

Danger, Titch, Dusty, Fyfe, M.Crouch, Oliver, Kelly, Beams

Pendles is on pre-season watch. Cap is too good to ignore when 100% fit.

Well Lukey Dal is going to be mighty tempting at a price tag in the low 400s, also with his shitness this year he might become somewhat of a pod next year, probably not a pod as such but im sure his ownership will drop off fair but in 2018, especially if we get a few more decent players with mid/fwd status.

So next year all these players should be under 500k, well they will all finish this year off under 500k or very close to anyway.

Jelwood
Pendles
Nic Nat
Rockliff
Dalhaus
Merret
JPK
Hanners
Gawn
Bont

There will be plenty of value to be had.

Well Lukey Dal is going to be mighty tempting at a price tag in the low 400s, also with his shitness this year he might become somewhat of a pod next year, probably not a pod as such but im sure his ownership will drop off fair but in 2018, especially if we get a few more decent players with mid/fwd status.

So next year all these players should be under 500k, well they will all finish this year off under 500k or very close to anyway.

Jelwood
Pendles
Nic Nat
Rockliff
Dalhaus
Merret
JPK
Hanners
Gawn
Bont

I'm locking them all in and throwing away the key.

See you guys in 2019

Jelwood
Pendles
Nic Nat
Rockliff
Dalhaus
Merret
JPK
Hanners
Gawn
Bont

That's not quite how pricing works. It's based on the last years average multiplied by the magic number. Assuming it's roughly the same (~$5,440/pp) the players will be priced around:

JPK (101.8), J.Selwood (102.2), Bont (105.1), Pendles (106.7) and Z.Merrett (108) will be priced between $564k and $587k

Rocky and Hanners (97.8) ~ $532k

Dahl (90.7) and Gawn (93.7) ~ $493k and $510k

Nic Nat averaged 105.9 in his last season so will be priced $576k before discount. He SHOULD receive a 30% reduction I believe and be at $403k but we'll see what the campaigners at CD have to say about that.

I definitely see myself going to Gawn/NicNat combo. Rocky will no doubt suck me in for that price.

Will be extremtly hard to fit players like Danger, Titch, Dusty who will all set you back $650-734k then Docherty up back for around $630k. So yeh, I think we're over estimating who we will be able to start with and will have to pick a few of those fallen, just have to pick the right ones to bounce back :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back