Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough one.
I think i would take Stephens given our needs even though atm probably flanders is slightly better.

Dare I say it, but Flanders reminds me of Dangerfield when we drafted him. Explosive first couple of steps which often gives him enough separation to win the clearance. An average field kick in terms of accuracy but knows where the goals are. Also a very good contested mark and fierce tackler.

Stephens is a far better field kick and has greater endurance, red flag is his light frame and contested work.

In my opinion, its Flanders ability to consistently influence a game forward of centre which gives him the advantage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dare I say it, but Flanders reminds me of Dangerfield when we drafted him. Explosive first couple of steps which often gives him enough separation to win the clearance. An average field kick in terms of accuracy but knows where the goals are. Also a very good contested mark and fierce tackler.

Stephens is a far better field kick and has greater endurance, red flag is his light frame and contested work.

In my opinion, its Flanders ability to consistently influence a game forward of centre which gives him the advantage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

geelong are probably the best in the business with identifying talent, so if they are desperate to get flanders at 3, he probably is better.

geelong are probably the best in the business with identifying talent, so if they are desperate to get flanders at 3, he probably is better.

Their talent identifying is overplayed, their current list hasn't lost anyone they didn't want to lose and they needed to get Ablett, Scarlett & Hawkins as father-son picks to win their flags. If their talent ID truly was the best then they wouldn't need all the mature-age recruits they have brought in and they'd still be making grandfinals. Just imagine where they would be if they had never had a father-son play a game like us and had lost the amount of drafted talent that we had.

Their talent identifying is overplayed, their current list hasn't lost anyone they didn't want to lose and they needed to get Ablett, Scarlett & Hawkins as father-son picks to win their flags. If their talent ID truly was the best then they wouldn't need all the mature-age recruits they have brought in and they'd still be making grandfinals. Just imagine where they would be if they had never had a father-son play a game like us and had lost the amount of drafted talent that we had.
Kinnear Beatson, Simon Dalrymple [Formerly the Doggies until recently] and Matt Rendell/Hamish Ogilvie go alright....

Young mihail lochowiak had a good end to the sanfl season with a game in the 1sts with some very strong ressies form. I hope we look at him in the rookie draft..very athletic and iirc kicked a bag of 9 goals in one game late in the season
Can we still access him as NGA even though we passed on him last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know much about Harrison Magor?

Those are pretty impressive stats from the testing.
Played pretty decent in the midfield for SA at the Championships, won the McCallum-Tompkins Medal [U18's Magarey Medal] and the U18's 2019 M.V.P. Award. Port Pirie lad schooling in Adelaide and playing for North Adelaide.

U18 SANFL Stats :
Played 11 games :
Average/Game
28.2 Disposals @ 71% Disposal Efficiency
15.8 Kicks
12.4 Handballs
4.1 Marks
8 Tackles
7.2 Clearances

Played pretty decent in the midfield for SA at the Championships, won the McCallum-Tompkins Medal [U18's Magarey Medal] and the U18's 2019 M.V.P. Award. Port Pirie lad schooling in Adelaide and playing for North Adelaide.

U18 SANFL Stats :
Played 11 games :
Average/Game
15.8 Kicks
12.4 Handballs
4.1 Marks
8 Tackles
7.2 Clearances

Thanks, Bicks. What is the standard of SANFL U18s like compared to the Vic NAB League/TAC Cup.

U18 SANFL Stats :
Played 11 games :
Average/Game
15.8 Kicks
12.4 Handballs
4.1 Marks
8 Tackles
7.2 Clearances

Mate Would you know if Mathews (the top up player for Adel ) has he been invited to try out in any of the Combine
surely some clubs would look at him ???

Thanks, Bicks. What is the standard of SANFL U18s like compared to the Vic NAB League/TAC Cup.
Nowhere near NAB League because a lot of the lads over there play reserves/League which has to weaken the competition.

Magor did play a couple of Reserves games and got a bit of it, but most importantly he played quite well against his peers at the Nationals, likely gets drafted late/rookie I would think.

Mate Would you know if Mathews (the top up player for Adel ) has he been invited to try out in any of the Combine
surely some clubs would look at him ???
Nup, if club's had serious interest you would think he'd have been nominated for yesterday's State Combine.

2 of our development players tested Tom Hutchesson and Jy Farrar and Hamish said he nominated Port F/S Trent Burgoyne because he wanted to have a look at him with the kid not playing much footy the last couple of years due to injury.

The 2 development players that interest me most are Hamish Latchford and Tom Hutchesson personally.

Nup, if club's had serious interest you would think he'd have been nominated for yesterday's State Combine.

2 of our development players tested Tom Hutchesson and Jy Farrar and Hamish said he nominated Port F/S Trent Burgoyne because he wanted to have a look at him with the kid not playing much footy the last couple of years due to injury.

The 2 development players that interest me most are Hamish Latchford and Tom Hutchesson personally.

Thank you

He was part of a tight knit group of kids that went to scchool together way back in their junior days, played junior footy and sports together, played together at the Dandenong Stingrays so maybe that's impacted him mentally being away from that? I remember speaking to some of the Dandenong Stingray players parents one day at Mars Stadium when the Rebels were playing them the first time I'd seen Aiden play [he was super impressive]. When I asked them who was this powerfully built kid with the dreadlocks etc that was playing unbelievably well for someone I'd hardly heard of I got almost his full life story including the knee reco that didn't take and having to have it re-grafted etc as well as the fact Hunter Clark [Saints] and Luke Davies-Unakie [Roos] were all great mates and almost inseparable even away from footy.

I remember coming home and getting straight on Big Footy to tell Jeffcrowe and Danger in Texas I'd seen a pretty special player at Mars that day where he played some midfield, some half forward and some half back all with good effect. I reckon he'll want back to Melbourne almost for sure but if he was prepared to shift to Adelaide I'd certainly still be interested.
The reason he hasn’t come on is he’s struggling with the running requirements

Was always going to be a slow burn with the 2 yrs he missed and reckon he ends up a very nice player

His contested game is already at the level and not uncommon for 2nd yr blues - more common than not

Be a good player next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back