Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kemp hadn’t suffered an acl, where would he rate in this draft?
If he would’ve been top 4, we should select him. Doesn’t matter how much he plays next season. This is all about 3-4 years time

If Kemp hadn’t suffered an acl, where would he rate in this draft?
If he would’ve been top 4, we should select him. Doesn’t matter how much he plays next season. This is all about 3-4 years time
Was every chance to be top 5, though others would have seen more of him. I do wonder whether we will take the risk, Hamish has shown it before.

Mind you, with a top 4 pick and Serong and Flanders likely on the board it's a good problem to have.

Was every chance to be top 5, though others would have seen more of him. I do wonder whether we will take the risk, Hamish has shown it before.

Mind you, with a top 4 pick and Serong and Flanders likely on the board it's a good problem to have.
I raise the Kemp question because of a recent example in the NFL
Jaylon Smith as a college linebacker was rated a sure fire top 10 pick until he ripped his knee a few months before the draft.
Every team passed him in the first round until the Cowboys took a chance in round 2.
He missed his rookie year, but is now a star.
Kemp appears to be the perfect addition to our list. Risk worth taking

Kemps size and burst speed is what is most tempting, it's a rare combination.

I'd prefer 37, 45 and 49 for pick 22 and a later selection (69). We keep 4.
This is spot on and something I’ve been thinking.
Ideal world, Melb reject GWS’ trade and opens the door for us to trade with GWS
pick 4 for Pick 6 & 2020 1st.

Then trade with Freo
Pick 22 & late picks for 37, 44, 49.

It would give us picks 6, 22, 23, 28.

Would not surprise - Hamish on record saying need a big mid which only accentuated with losing Greenwood and CEY - maybe easy to let them go when you know what you’re getting with 4
Risk is do you take a guy at pick four whom is more than a 50 percent chance to do his knee again as that is what knees are like. I say no. He won’t have the same burst speed either upon his return.

Really want the Crows to draft Tom Hutchesson, he moves so well and reminds me in his movements as of Geelongs Tim Kelly just a shorter version. He won the agility test at the State Combine last week and that is one of the critical components required to become a Gun midfielder. With an AFL preaseason he can go to the next level.

Like i was saying before, if we can manage to split our Pick 4 for GWS Pick 6 and next years 1st, then we can threaten Freo that we'll bid on their NGA Liam Henry at Pick 6, unless they trade their Pick 7 and their 2nd rounder to us for our Pick 6. We then promise Freo not to nominate Henry with Pick 7. Lets them pick a gun at Pick 6, and at least a bid for Henry doesn't come in until P8/9

How funny would that be. first threaten GWS to trade with us and then threaten Fremantle. Traders might like Reid but Hamish will get them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like i was saying before, if we can manage to split our Pick 4 for GWS Pick 6 and next years 1st, then we can threaten Freo that we'll bid on their NGA Liam Henry at Pick 6, unless they trade their Pick 7 and their 2nd rounder to us for our Pick 6. We then promise Freo not to nominate Henry with Pick 7. Lets them pick a gun at Pick 6, and at least a bid for Henry doesn't come in until P8/9

You just know we'd be the first club to get done for draft tampering in that way

Who’d be your favourites at 4? Personally I cannot for the life of me split Serong/Young/Kemp/Ash/Flanders, maybe not Kemp with the ACL concerns but we’re gonna have a hard choice on our hands

Some really awesome choices. Trust in Hamish is the answer.

I know that it's a footy forum and it's great to get everyone's views. And I appreciate them, especially the TAC Cup watchers.

But the recruiting guys have been tracking these kids for years. And still get it wrong occasionally.

But Hamish has a great record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flanders would really add to our scoring power which we need and he’s tough

Serong is a jet despite the size
Yeah I'm really tempted by Flanders and Serong. We need guys in our midfield that can go forward and kick goals, really breaking open a game. Jones is able to go forward, but he's not nearly as dangerous there as those two. If you could get a combination of one of those guys plus say someone like Cooper Stephens, together with Ned and Chayce, you've set your engine room up for a decade

Gould's testing was very ordinary. Will put a few recruiters off for sure.

I was trying to think of a current/past player to compare him to.

And got it. Martin Pyke.
Closest is Shannon Hurn and it will not put recruiters off at all ... he had just come off a full season of SANFL including a couple of weeks celebrating a premiership .

Flanders highlights tell me he doesn’t have that upside about him with his size already and he seems odd in his movements. Serong looks small and stocky. I live the look of Ash and young from highlights I’ve seen . Ash has that Dangerfield burst about him and runs and carries and looks tough.

Flanders highlights tell me he doesn’t have that upside about him with his size already and he seems odd in his movements. Serong looks small and stocky. I live the look of Ash and young from highlights I’ve seen . Ash has that Dangerfield burst about him and runs and carries and looks tough.
That means you would have said the same re Robbie Gray as many other recruiters did in his draft year

We don't get many from there. CC the last one I recall. Funny no one rated Kelly.
No-one rated Kelly until plenty did, Kelly was just a WAFL player with South Freo and then he had a breakout season at WAFL level.

Hindsight is a great thing.

Until he had that great season in the WAFL as a mature ager he was pretty difficult to pick.

This is spot on and something I’ve been thinking.
Ideal world, Melb reject GWS’ trade and opens the door for us to trade with GWS
pick 4 for Pick 6 & 2020 1st.

Then trade with Freo
Pick 22 & late picks for 37, 44, 49.

It would give us picks 6, 22, 23, 28.
How does that go for additional points for Fremantle? And do they have enough delistings to take on those extra later picks?

The difference between an athlete and a footballer as I see it.
The difference between being an athlete and coming last in all athletic testing is a pretty big difference.

And got it. Martin Pyke.
I was thinking Colin Sylvia.

Good at football, obviously likes a feed.

And got it. Martin Pyke.

He reminds me of Laird. Just bigger.

Plays a similar way.

Will be a quality player but think he ends up at Alberton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back