NFL 2019 Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

49ers are good at designing contracts that look impressive but are very team friendly...both are better than what they replace if they stay on the field
Sure they can easily get out of the contract but that doesn't change the fact that they overpaid him, especially if he's not expected to be a difference maker.

There are still plenty of holes on that team (outside of TE and the trenches) that that money could have been spent on

Sure they can easily get out of the contract but that doesn't change the fact that they overpaid him, especially if he's not expected to be a difference maker.

There are still plenty of holes on that team (outside of TE and the trenches) that that money could have been spent on

Unfortunately bad teams overpay for FAs, especially with California's tax regime.

Me thinks Lynch is trying to make the fan base forget Foster as quick as possible personally. But LB is a big hole. Foster washed out, Smith underperformed and a rookie in Warner was the only standout and guaranteed starter for 2019.

I'm think now the 49ers will either trade down from 2 or draft Quinnen Williams. Yes defensive line four years in a row but teaming him up with Buckner on the inside for the next 5 years would be insane.

I thought Armstead was playing well? Also, why would Lynch not try to upgrade that secondary? The depth chart looks pretty s**t to me

Personnaly I like Armstead...what screwed up the 49ers defensive front was taking Solomon Thomas. It looks like they are trying to justify his draft position at the expense of Armstead's playing time......you just don't have a number 3 overall selection splitting time though. But both Buckner and Armstead were drafted when the 49ers played a true 3-4....Buckner is good enought to switch insiderbut Armstead has been kicked inside and outside often to make way for Solomon.

I agree on the secondary, they do need a free safety and a strong safety who can stay healthy. They have about 4 guys in their 2nd and 3rd year playing corner so I guess this is the year to find out if they are any good.

If they do trade down I could see them taking another edge rusher, corner and guard in the first three picks. But if they stay put, them Williams is just too good to pass up.

Jaguars Sign TE Geoff Swaim

March 15th, 2019 at 8:46am CST by Ben Levine

Geoff Swaim is heading to Florida. The Jaguars have signed the free agent tight end, reports ESPN’s Dan Graziano (via Twitter).

The 2015 seventh-round pick had spent his entire four-year career with Dallas, including a 2018 campaign where he took on a more important role in the Cowboys’ offense. After hauling in nine total receptions through his first three seasons in the NFL, Swaim finished last year with 26 receptions for 242 receiving yards and one touchdown in nine games (nine starts). He broke a bone in his wrist midseason and was placed on the injured reserve in late December.

Swaim had traditionally been touted for his blocking prowess. However, his ability to also contribute in the passing game means he could take on an even bigger role in Jacksonville in 2019. As of right now, the Jags are only rostering two other tight ends in Ben Koyack and Pharoah McKever.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

And here are the contract terms: Golden Tate to the Giants on a four-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $23 million fully guaranteed, per source

Didn't they already have a slot guy in Shepherd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darby back on a one year $8.5 deal with the Eagles, probably could have gotten more elsewhere, stays healthy & has a good year will see him get paid.

Eagles probably address RB next, Ajayi goes, stays, nfi.

Look out for a trade for one fo the 49ers Rbs.....pretty crowded backfield there now.

49ers re-signed RB Raheem Mostert to a three-year contract.

The 49ers originally gave Mostert, who was a restricted free agent, an original-round tender, but the two sides ended up agreeing to a long-term deal. It is possible Mostert garnered some interest after exploding for 261 yards and a touchdown on just 34 carries (7.7 YPC) last season. Unfortunately for him, he is returning to a depth chart topped by newly-signed Tevin Coleman, Jerick McKinnon, and Matt Breida. Unless one of those guys is moved, Mostert will likely have to make his contributions on special teams.

Source: Brett Tessler on Twitter

Mar 16, 2019, 8:26 AM

Redskins signed DB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Rodgers-Cromartie "retired" midway through last season because he was not getting enough playing time with the Raiders, but he quickly changed his mind once the offseason hit. It is not clear how much the 33-year-old (in April) has left in the tank, but Washington could use some help in the secondary even after spending big for Landon Collins.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 16, 2019, 4:53 AM

Saints signed DL Mario Edwards, formerly of the Giants, to a two-year, $5 million contract.

Edwards spent last season with the Giants after the Raiders let him go at final cuts. He logged 14 tackles and two sacks over 232 defensive snaps for the G-Men. The former Florida State Seminole will work as a rotational pass-rusher in New Orleans.

Related:

Source: ProFootballTalk on Twitter

Mar 16, 2019, 4:18 AM

Bengals signed RG John Miller, formerly of the Bills, to a three-year, $16.5 million contract.

A 2015 third-rounder by Buffalo, Miller started all 47 games he appeared in for the Bills in his four years there. An average starter at best, Miller figures to be penned in at right guard for Cincinnati between C Billy Price and recently extended RT Bobby Hart. LT Cordy Glenn and LG Clint Boling round out the rest of the Bengals' line.

Related:

Mar 16, 2019, 3:10 AM

Rams probably impressed with Bortles win over NE last year, figure they need one QB on the roster who won't s**t the bed vs them....😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back