2019 - GOTY

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey, we did go B2B!

It's pretty clear that Goal of The Year award has become the most prestigous, sought-after award in football - far more than the Brownlow, or even the Premiership. And as the club with a stranglehold on this prize in recent seasons, I feel we must defend this honour and do everything we can to ensure it stays at Punt Road.

So I have drawn up a short list of tactics I would like to see us adopt next season.

1. All forward-50 entries to be scrubby kicks along the ground towards the boundary line. Anyone hitting Jack on the chest will be dragged.
3. All forwards to play with their back to the goal at all times. Looking at the big sticks will be against team rules.
2. Always have at least one player inside the forward 50 lying on his back, waiting to receive a handpass.
4. All handballs inside Forward-50 to be overhead or look-away. (Shane Edwards to conduct pre-season clinics).
5. All kicks at goal must be a) wrong foot, b) bananas, or c) dribbles.

If follow those rules, I am confident we can claim the big prize at the end of the season. We might not kick a lot of goals (if any), but they'll be worth watching.

Goal and Mark of the year combo... in the same play

Delicious

Ok, the mark probably wasn't spectacular enough!!! I actually thought this was a chance for GOTY when it happened but got outclassed by his teammate!!
Should one of the rules for the OP be that Jack Higgins is to be stationed behind the goal post for all forward 50 entries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back