2019 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of crap no club in Tallangatta League has money to build houses for a players. Sounds like there's nothing to talk about so make something up. Talk about the practice matches, I no there's some this weekend at Sandy Creek, has anybody played any yet?
It’s just what I heard.

Kiewa looked really impressive against Tarrawingee last week.
Haven’t heard much from Yack or Beechworth.
Rutherglen and Wahgunyah clearance issues.
What happened there?

What a load of crap no club in Tallangatta League has money to build houses for a players. Sounds like there's nothing to talk about so make something up. Talk about the practice matches, I no there's some this weekend at Sandy Creek, has anybody played any yet?

I believe a team mate may have done a driveway for his new home. If you have mates in the trade then use them.
No dramas here.
Talking of salary cap, should it be raised to 90k to match hume league?

I believe a team mate may have done a driveway for his new home. If you have mates in the trade then use them.
No dramas here.
Talking of salary cap, should it be raised to 90k to match hume league?
Does that still come under the salary cap if the club paid for it? Genuine question.
As for any club caught, they need to set a pretty strong precedent. Rutherglen lost points for pretty much a clerical error, salary cap issue surely worse?

Does that still come under the salary cap if the club paid for it? Genuine question.
As for any club caught, they need to set a pretty strong precedent. Rutherglen lost points for pretty much a clerical error, salary cap issue surely worse?

Any work, or services provided by the club in lieu of cash payment would be counted towards salary cap woudlnt it.

I’d hope that all of the leagues reduce the salary cap to 50-60 per season. The only people who would suffer are the greedy players! It would reduce the workload and stress placed on club volunteers to generate a turnover of 150k+ just to see it go out the door as quick as it comes in.

Imagine a situation where every club could afford to spend $50k on coaches players etc and still have 15-20k to put aside for facility upgrades, community projects or heaven help us junior footy development. I’d prefer to see that than see Damian stupido shift clubs every year for $1200 a game.

Any work, or services provided by the club in lieu of cash payment would be counted towards salary cap woudlnt it.

I’d hope that all of the leagues reduce the salary cap to 50-60 per season. The only people who would suffer are the greedy players! It would reduce the workload and stress placed on club volunteers to generate a turnover of 150k+ just to see it go out the door as quick as it comes in.

Imagine a situation where every club could afford to spend $50k on coaches players etc and still have 15-20k to put aside for facility upgrades, community projects or heaven help us junior footy development. I’d prefer to see that than see Damian stupido shift clubs every year for $1200 a game.
Perfect comment. I agree. Make Tallangatta, Hume and O&K $60k and make O&M $90-100k. Cut the guts out of the current caps and make the clubs more community focused. The current financial caps aren’t sustainable.

So Beechworth have made it very public a player shortage is an issue & may have to fold in the future. Chilten advertised for u14s, mitts have struggled to field sides in recent years.
The TDFL is not in a healthy state

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 this weekend.
So I have to ask the questions. Followed by my answers

Premiers? Kiewa
Runners up? Barny
Top 5? Kiewa Barny Thurg Ruth & dederang
Leading goal kicker? Kotzur & Telford tie
Barton medal? Anson (Barny)
Biggest story to come out of the year?
Beechworth forfeited all grades

Premiers: Thurgoona
Runner up: Kiewa
Top 5: Kiewa Thurgoona Barny Dederang Mitta
Leading goal kicker: Spence ( Barny )
League Medal: Wilson ( Rutherglen )
Biggest story: Old stars wind back the clock to help thurgoona to 3 point win in grand final for the ages

Premiers: Thurgoona
R/up: kiewa
Top 5: thurgoona,Kiewa,barny,mitta,Chiltern
Leading goal kicker: telford
Barton medal: woods
Biggest story: tdfl to be whipped by o&k "again"

Premier: Kiewa
R/Up: Thurgoona
Top5: Hawks,Dogs,Tigers,Cats,Saints
Goal kicker: Castles
Headline: Saints break finals drought

Round 1
Cats to beat Lions by 7 goals with Brockley proving the difference against former side
Tigers to start the season with a 5 goal win over the young hoppers
Hawks to run the doggies off their legs in the grand final rematch and win by 22points
Bombers scrape home in a tight one against the bushies 7 points
Saints to start season with a 3 goal win over the swans
Roos rely too heavily on Castles to kick a winning score and lose by 10 points to the mountain men.

Premiers thurgoona
Runners up Kiewa
Goal kicker Jesse Johnston
Medal Ricky Whitehead
Top 5
Thurgoona
Kiewa
Barny
Chiltern
Tallangatta
Big story - wodonga saints beat wahgunyah by 100 points

Premiers: Hawks
Runner Up: Tigers
Goals: Money Man Castles:
Medal:: Wilson Cats:
Top 5: Hawks
Dogs
Tigers
Bombers
Roo's/Hoppers
Cat's beat Lion's 72 point's
Tiger's beat Hopper's 30 point's
Hawk's beat Dog's 15 point's
Bomber's beat Bushie's 78 point's
Swan's beat Saint's 27 point's
Roo's beat Blue's 31 point's

Premier: Kiewa
R/Up: Thurgoona
Top5: Hawks,Dogs,Tigers,Cats,Saints
Goal kicker: Castles
Headline: Saints break finals drought

Round 1
Cats to beat Lions by 7 goals with Brockley proving the difference against former side
Tigers to start the season with a 5 goal win over the young hoppers
Hawks to run the doggies off their legs in the grand final rematch and win by 22points
Bombers scrape home in a tight one against the bushies 7 points
Saints to start season with a 3 goal win over the swans
Roos rely too heavily on Castles to kick a winning score and lose by 10 points to the mountain men.

Isn’t Brockley signed at BB Saints? Retired?

Isn’t Brockley signed at BB Saints? Retired?

Believe it was part of the deal if Brock wanted Spencer and Neander that Brock had to let him go to Rutherglen would have gone down like a house on fire once the word got out around Wahgunyah

So were Thurgoona good or Kiewa bad?
Chiltern might be the real Smokey’s of the season, I know they played saints but that’s a big win.
Also tallangatta beating barny is a big surprise.
Anyone have more news around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back