2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was in an article earlier in the year, it doesn’t mention any clubs, but it is still a possibility if we were interested.

View attachment 681610
There’s been speculation/talk that Essendon will be looking for a first round pick this year, after trading out of the first round the last couple of years.

If the top HBF or Outside Mids are projected to go before our first pick, I’d consider Parish and a later pick coming back our way.

There’s been speculation/talk that Essendon will be looking for a first round pick this year, after trading out of the first round the last couple of years.

If the top HBF or Outside Mids are projected to go before our first pick, I’d consider Parish and a later pick coming back our way.
Collingwood’s first or GC’s second?

We need to get some speed into the team over the off season.

What speedy fellas are gettable? Any secret free agents?

Just play Allison.. One of the quickest blokes we have in our list.
Even if he's leaving end of season, at least we'll get a second rounder. He'd have been perfect for Optus Stadium yesterday.

Would prefer the trade guys weaving their magic and getting another high profile player into the ranks that can help us out either in the midfield or run out of defense than Parish.

Would prefer the trade guys weaving their magic and getting another high profile player into the ranks that can help us out either in the midfield or run out of defense than Parish.
Personally, I think that yesterday shows that we need more midfield depth. A couple of blokes out in Matho and Berry and we got creamed in stoppages around the ground.
Plus the likely (possible) exit of blokes like Cutler, Taylor, Basti and maybe even Bundy.
Parish would be a perfect fit for the football club if you ask me.

Which we could definitely use. Just not sure it is the highest off-season priority for us.

Having said that there really isn't a quality out of contract winger or HBF available as far as I am aware.
Worth remembering that Cameron and Neale were not out of contract when they were traded to us either. I have no doubt that Fagan and Noble would have recognised that wing spot in particular is lacking a player with speed/run and carry and will be working hard behind the scenes to address it via trade. I think we'll be aggressive this off season in fixing deficiencies on the list because the club will see us as a top 4 chance next year if we can bring in another quality player or two. Who would be a good target though? I'd love Zac Williams personally but he'd be unlikely you'd think.

Worth remembering that Cameron and Neale were not out of contract when they were traded to us either. I have no doubt that Fagan and Noble would have recognised that wing spot in particular is lacking a player with speed/run and carry and will be working hard behind the scenes to address it via trade. I think we'll be aggressive this off season in fixing deficiencies on the list because the club will see us as a top 4 chance next year if we can bring in another quality player or two. Who would be a good target though? I'd love Zac Williams personally but he'd be unlikely you'd think.
Caleb Daniel Brandon Ellis and Adam Tomlinson would be the players I'd be looking at all out of contract at seasons both Tomlinson and Ellis are free agents

Yeah sure, obviously we will have our targets amongst the contracted players too. Just making the point that there aren't obvious out of contracted players who would solve our positions of need whereas there are some intriguing types amongst positions where we could do with a bit of an upgrade but aren't as pressing (e.g. inside mids).

No chance he leaves but Dunkley would be a great target, for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back