2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a big advocate for enticing Parish up here if at all possible!

Its funny, good mates of mine are big bombers fans and they're really not into Parish. They say "Every time he gets near it he just seems to make a mistake" (decision making or skill execution). I can't work out if they are on the money or just frustrated bomber supporters hahah

While Parish isn't a big body, he puts his head over the ball, can spread, runs both ways and can kick a goal when forward. His stats from the weekend game against Richmond:
31 Disposals
19 Contested
5 Tackles
9 Clearances
7 Score Involvements
70% Efficiency
507 meters gained
Purely from my perspective, Parish is an upgrade on both Lyons and Mathieson.

But let's put those 1 game stats in to perspective of his season averages :
21 Disposals
9 Contested
3 Tackles
6 Clearances
6 Score Involvements
69% Efficiency
291 meters gained

His problem is that while his best is up there he doesn't produce it anywhere near often enough.
And for comparison, Lyon's stats are quite similar and unsurprisingly he has Matho covered.

21 Disposals
9 Contested
3 Tackles
6 Clearances
6 Score Involvements
69% Efficiency
291 meters gained

His problem is that while his best is up there he doesn't produce it anywhere near often enough.
And for comparison, Lyon's stats are quite similar and unsurprisingly he has Matho covered.
Hugh McCluggage stats for 2019.
As a comparison to the stats for Parish as above.
Hugh in year 3.

22.9 Disposals
8.5 Contested
3.5 Tackles
3.1 Clearances
5.5 Score Involvements
66% Efficiency
420 meters gained

It will be very interesting to see what moves we make or attempt to.

From being at the game on Sunday its was apparent how much we lack an attacking half back in the Nathan Wilson mold. Not yet convinced Bailey will fit that role long term. If we can fulfill that role from elsewhere then Bailey can resume a spot in the midfield rotation.

Edit: I had wilson above Hill as Freo's best player on the weekend. Sure Hill saw a lot of the ball but for mine we got cut up badly by Wilson breaking the lines in and around our defensive structure. Without Wilson there to drive from the D50 no way Freo are in that game.

21 Disposals
9 Contested
3 Tackles
6 Clearances
6 Score Involvements
69% Efficiency
291 meters gained

Last weekend was the first game this season where Parish started in the middle and played the whole game in the middle.

Every other game he’s played this year, he’s been asked to play on the wing, with small stints on ball.

It’s not a coincidence that the first game he plays in his “natural” position, he plays his best game of the season.

Which is fine, I'm just saying I'd prefer to see a body of work before he would become a trade target.
His first year was pretty good, since then he really hasn’t had decent run through the middle as Essendon played their more senior and traded in mids through the middle.

If he gets a decent run this year, he probably re-signs.

Parish might be a slight upgrade on Matho or Lyons, but Im not massively convinced by that. Personally wouldnt be wanting to pay too much for a slight upgrade in players we already have on the list. Would rather look at other needs first

From being at the game on Sunday its was apparent how much we lack an attacking half back in the Nathan Wilson mold. Not yet convinced Bailey will fit that role long term. If we can fulfill that role from elsewhere then Bailey can resume a spot in the midfield rotation.

Edit: I had wilson above Hill as Freo's best player on the weekend. Sure Hill saw a lot of the ball but for mine we got cut up badly by Wilson breaking the lines in and around our defensive structure. Without Wilson there to drive from the D50 no way Freo are in that game.
Yep, I want that rebounding, line breaking HBF, but I don’t know of any who might be available.

I wonder if Lachie is still pals with Wilson. What is his contract situation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Wilson quit GWS specifically to go home? It doesn't always work out (see Polec) but I seem to recall he had a young family that he wanted to raise in Mandurah.
His wife was either pregnant or they had just had a child.

If north are going for a rebuild we should try target Marley Williams, he will fill a need in our backline would be a handy player. If not we should try target some of ports half backs since they have a fair bit Bonner, Houston or Bryne-Jones either one of them would be handy and all a good age for us.

If north are going for a rebuild we should try target Marley Williams, he will fill a need in our backline would be a handy player. If not we should try target some of ports half backs since they have a fair bit Bonner, Houston or Bryne-Jones either one of them would be handy and all a good age for us.

That thug shouldn't be playing AFL.

Is that adult content?
Taking a tacky photo like that, and then allowing it to be published, does not qualify one (or both of them) as an adult .... ergo it can't be "adult content" ;)

P.S. SOOOOOO many comments I wish I was allowed to make :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back