2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus. He got convicted and punished. Unless you think he should still be in jail for his GBH, which was described to be in the lesser end of the scale for GBH offences by the judge, there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be allowed to pursue a career in football or almost anywhere else. People get punished for their crimes, most don’t deserve to lose their whole lives because of it.

Jesus. He got convicted and punished. Unless you think he should still be in jail for his GBH, which was described to be in the lesser end of the scale for GBH offences by the judge. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be allowed to pursue a career in football or almost anywhere else. People get punished for their crimes, most don’t deserve to lose their whole lives because of it.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/2014/04/22/marley-williams/amp/

^ Source including the Judges quote about the offence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m still keen for Zac Jones and think he would definitely add to our side, especially down back and wing. What’s people’s thoughts on Ben Cunnington? He might be too close to 30 (28 in a month or so) in playing terms.

I’m still keen for Zac Jones and think he would definitely add to our side, especially down back and wing. What’s people’s thoughts on Ben Cunnington? He might be too close to 30 (28 in a month or so) in playing terms.
I was actually thinking about him along with the rest of the Kangaroos playing list just after Brad Scott was terminated, he'd be worth looking at along with others who may be open to a fresh start eg. Mason Wood, Shaun Atley, Jy Simpkin, Jed Anderson, Marley Williams, Paul Ahern.

I was actually thinking about him along with the rest of the Kangaroos playing list just after Brad Scott was terminated, he'd be worth looking at along with others who may be open to a fresh start eg. Mason Wood, Shaun Atley, Jy Simpkin, Jed Anderson, Marley Williams, Paul Ahern.

Massive meh to all of those. Ahern maybe worth a look. Cunnington would be alright if he was cheap trade wise but they won't trade him for less than a first round pick so I'm not that keen.

Norf's list is pretty bare tbh, all the good players aside from Ben Brown are around 30 and older and the exciting kids are in their first or second year. Extremely competitive group but you wouldn't call them rich with talent.

I could definitely see a few players in that North young/middle age group adding a bit to the team list. Thomas, LDU, Zurhaar, Simpkin and Ahern all look like they have something. Some of the more experienced players like Anderson, Wood (if we could get his body right), Williams, Brown, Atley, Jacobs and Cunnington could all add something too I think for at least a few years with the older ones. We could maybe get in the ear of a couple of them (particularly some of the ones in their early to mid twenties) and snag a good player or two.

I don't think their list is exactly brimming with talent, but I think there could be a few handy additions we could get from them in the right age bracket to fill out the team.

From what I remember Collingwood we’re going to delist him if he wasn’t traded due to his off field issues and after the Fev saga we weren’t willing to bet on him. Where as Kangas did with pick#105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I think, based on what we've seen half way through this season, we should be trying to ascertain the trade value of the following:

Josh Walker: Probably the most controversial to be honest. When I watch him play, I see Andrews-lite. I feel like he would be much better at another club when he could play that full time interceptor role than he is here. He really seems to play his best footy when Andrews is out of the squad, or when Andrews doesn't have as successful of a game. If we can identify another more lock down focused Key Defender or if Adams can make the grade and play well, then I think this would be a pertinent trade, as his value is likely to be at an all time high. Doubt it will happen, but I think it would be a smart move.

Tom Cutler: Seems pretty out of favour and I would expect this to go through at the end of the season unless he can get more chances and really lock down a role in the seniors. Bit of a shame, as he has a lot of talent, but it's the impression I get from the coaches.

Lewis Taylor: Has really struggled to find his place in the senior squad this year. Still young, but doesn't seem to be in the long term plans. Don't know if he would really hold much trade value.

I don't really see anyone else on the list that aren't part of the long term plans having any real trade value. Realistically, I would probably only expect one, maybe two of these to go through, but in a world of 0 emotions then that would be what I would be looking at at this stage.

In terms of delistings, I struggle to see any of Bastinac, Robertson, Christensen or Eagles getting offered an extension unless something drastically changes. I also think Keays, Corey Lyons and Hinge need to show anything they can as they are probably in dangerous territory too. (These are based on footywire contract expiration dates so there could be some errors in there).

Doubt all of these would happen at once, but I think particularly the older guys are in a lot of danger. We don't have the best draft currency, but if we can bring one or two players in through the trade table, and maybe take a punt on a couple more academy guys than normal (from what I have seen we seem to have a few reasonable prospects this year, as well as Coleman from last year), then I would guess we are looking at moving on 6 or so?

Wonder how much it would cost to convince cripps to come north. Buddy type deal. Would love to have another genuine gun inside mid.

Edit. Complete pipe dream know. Just would like to know a fjgure/length.

Wonder how much it would cost to convince cripps to come north. Buddy type deal. Would love to have another genuine gun inside mid.

Edit. Complete pipe dream know. Just would like to know a fjgure/length.
You would have to think he would be the highest paid at Carlton now, Captain and their best player by far!
Would have to be on close to a mil already?
So in answer to your question.....a lot!

If we are after an Elite to A+ standard player I would think Patrick Cripps would be as close to impossible to get as anyone. I wouldn't be for offering any player a Buddy 10 year multi millions type deal.

Stephen Coniglio a free agent would be the elite player I'd go for with a similar deal to what we offered Lachie Neale.

If we are after an Elite to A+ standard player I would think Patrick Cripps would be as close to impossible to get as anyone. I wouldn't be for offering any player a Buddy 10 year multi millions type deal.

Stephen Coniglio a free agent would be the elite player I'd go for with a similar deal to what we offered Lachie Neale.
Rumor was we offered Neale 900k over 5 seasons I wouldn't offer Coniglio that much he goes missing in games perfer that offer that to a key forward our major reason we lose most games we don't score enough

You would have to think he would be the highest paid at Carlton now, Captain and their best player by far!
Would have to be on close to a mil already?
So in answer to your question.....a lot!
Yeh I understand it would take alot. Did buddy go to swans thinking premierships? Not sure.

Yeh I understand it would take alot. Did buddy go to swans thinking premierships? Not sure.

The Swans had beaten his team in the grand final the year before and finished 4th the year he left so likely thinking he could get GWS offer cash and still play in some more flags.

We are one of the highest scoring teams this year??
You can't say he's wrong - I guarantee we'd have won 100% of our games if we'd scored enough. :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back