2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think he’s a flog. I think he’s got a massive upside if played in the right position. He’s a decent defensive forward with a lot of skill, but he’s a confidence player, when his tail is up he will deliver imo.
Look back at last year.
He got his chance to play in the position he wanted but he had already given up.
Lacks ticker,cant read the ball for s**t and gets out positioned too easily.

Look back at last year.
He got his chance to play in the position he wanted but he had already given up.
Lacks ticker,cant read the ball for s**t and gets out positioned too easily.
Nope, he played well at GWS in the right position and showed what he was capable of. Lacks ticker.. I don’t think so. This season will be the decider one way or another. He’s an easy target because he didn’t kick as many goals as some expected, but time will tell.

:freo:

Out of all the flogs Freo recruited.
I hope he comes good.

That fact that you are calling him a flog with no basis when he is the complete opposite of a flog says a fair amount about yourself.

I don’t remember seeing them. Carter ran, finishing towards the rear. Watson was out there too. If Sturt and Valente did run, they would have been in the middle group.
One of the runners in the early back markers looked like he could have been Sturt. It was hard to tell, as he was wearing a hat. The possible-Sturt moved up through the back end of the field as the trial went on.

Pea heart mcarthy got a lot to prove this year[/QUOTE
Definite change of delivery from GWS to Freo, that and a year out of the system didn't help. But watching McCarthy
he has problems reading the flight of the ball.
Not all his fault though, bombing the ball all the time, no surprise, didn't work out for Jack Anthony and without the
Twin tower support failed Cam.
Freo were awesome in Ross's early years here in making defenders accountable, now.opposition defenders look forward
to playing us.
Those were the days when the boys were just as interested in tackles as goals, if Cam works his arse off, team first the
rest will fall into place.

Nope, he played well at GWS in the right position and showed what he was capable of. Lacks ticker.. I don’t think so. This season will be the decider one way or another. He’s an easy target because he didn’t kick as many goals as some expected, but time will tell.
I don't think he attracted any attention at GWS.
Also the game plan at Freo doesn't really suit his style.
Though being a soufs player and a huge Freo fan I really want him to to be remembered as doing something good.
That fact that you are calling him a flog with no basis when he is the complete opposite of a flog says a fair amount about yourself.
I know, flog was a bit harsh.
Even though going around flogging personal merchandise when you have not really achieved much is a bit:sparkles::sparkles:for participation flog worthy.

I know, flog was a bit harsh.
Even though going around flogging personal merchandise when you have not really achieved much is a bit:sparkles::sparkles:for participation flog worthy.

Where do i get myself some Cam McCarthy merch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what's going on with Logue? He was smashing it when I got to a few training sessions before the break. Concerning me that he didn't take place in the time trail after his previous issues...

Anyone know what's going on with Logue? He was smashing it when I got to a few training sessions before the break. Concerning me that he didn't take place in the time trail after his previous issues...
Freo said they deliberately held out a bunch of players... "just playing it safe". Including Brad Hill, Walters, Sandi etc. So I wouldn't be too worried. Definitely noticed far more focus on "load management" of players this pre-season. Still crossing fingers it spells the end of our annual soft tissue injury list nightmare.

Freo said they deliberately held out a bunch of players... "just playing it safe". Including Brad Hill, Walters, Sandi etc. So I wouldn't be too worried. Definitely noticed far more focus on "load management" of players this pre-season. Still crossing fingers it spells the end of our annual soft tissue injury list nightmare.

Great signs though. It seems the penny might finally be dropping.

Im pretty sure you'll find they've done that every year for along time in regards to the distance run immediately after the Christmas break.
They will more than likely do another TT in a couple of weeks where those that have been held back will get their chance and the likes of the back markers will get the opportunity to show some improvements.

I'm hoping giro doesn't turn into a menegola. Great running power but never really hurts you
Without seeing him in action at training, the descriptions are leading me more to a Tom Scully type

Remove this Banner Ad

Back