2020 AFLW Player Season Reviews

Remove this Banner Ad

Club are issuing these player by player

First up Grace Egan aka Greg. Reckon Richmond would be kicking themselves that they didn't match our bid for their academy player. She's been really good in the midfield and running to support team mates or create options. Little bit of work needed on decision making and execution but rapt she is a Carlton player.

And next Katie Loynes.

Had a cracker of a captains year. If it was possible, she went in harder whenever she was contesting a ball or tackling the opposition. Always seemed to be a camera shot a game of her trying to stand after some bone crunching incident.

And her influence in the drafting and recruiting might just have been to identify the same competitive traits for the team this year. Hope it continues when the comp resumes.

Third cab off the rank is Darcy Vescio

To be honest, first couple of games I thought the AFLW had passed Darcy by, but her role changed a bit. She got some licence to roam and she started to have a real impact all over the ground. Her competitive streak and creative nous really came in handy. Particularly like the way she uses her body positioning to contest in the air, or create space on the ground.

Maddy everywhere! is here

My best for the year (and there were a few contenders). Showed a lot of maturity to deal with more attention and taggers this year. Had flat patches in games but usually prevailed as the game progressed. In and under, helping out down back and on the lead to the forward line - she was doing it all. Her kicking wasn't as spot on as last year, but I'll put that down to the positions she was in to take the kick.

GUN!

Club are issuing these player by player

First up Grace Egan aka Greg. Reckon Richmond would be kicking themselves that they didn't match our bid for their academy player. She's been really good in the midfield and running to support team mates or create options. Little bit of work needed on decision making and execution but rapt she is a Carlton player.

Love Greg. Richmond would be howling they let her go great great pick up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back