2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
With pretty much nothing to gain or to lose i must say am surprise Brodie , Fiorin & Wright not getting a game
I would have thought on last nights game Peter Wright would have been handy and just to seee the dynamic of how King/Wright combination would work before making the cut and/or show potential clubs a glimpse even to see if value would increase.

Wright kicking 3-4 goals could have been interesting

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Hollands, DGB, Thilthorpe, JUH, McDonald top 5 I reckon

I exclude academy guys like JUH and Campbell as while they could go top 5 they'll go to a club without costing them a top 5 pick in the current order.

So take out JUH and add Phillips to the top 5

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pick 8 if Adelaide get band 1 compo for crouch. Macrae could be still available. The lack of football for the kids to show their stuff has really gone against them, this is just another year of talent, it might be down on talent overall but not to the extent that picks have become less valuable.

Carlisle is gettable according to saints fans i think I mentioned it earlier on in the year but he is the free agent I would go for. Should free up a bit of salary cap and it could be a nice retirement for Carlisle. He might be a d*ckhead, I've never met him but he's an exceptional full back and we really need to start attracting players who like to wear long sleeves.
Will be 7 by the time JUH comes off the board
But yes live pick 6

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Pick 8 if Adelaide get band 1 compo for crouch. Macrae could be still available. The lack of football for the kids to show their stuff has really gone against them, this is just another year of talent, it might be down on talent overall but not to the extent that picks have become less valuable.

Carlisle is gettable according to saints fans i think I mentioned it earlier on in the year but he is the free agent I would go for. Should free up a bit of salary cap and it could be a nice retirement for Carlisle. He might be a d*ckhead, I've never met him but he's an exceptional full back and we really need to start attracting players who like to wear long sleeves.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have no idea who we are going to go for, apart from the top 5 this year could be a total minefield. Have to guage a lot of Vic kids off last years performances and thats so risky considering some dont improve at all in there top age year and some improve massively.

To much baggage for Carlisie, seems to be a massive dickhead and just not the sort of bloke you want around a young group

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Trade back for two first rounders and trade them for A/A-/B+ experienced players please.

My wishlist if not; Grainger-Barass, Phillips, O'Driscoll in that order

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Trade picks 5 and One of Brodie Fiorini or 2MP for Norths Pick 2

And trade 2021 future first Rd pick to Carlton for pick 7 and the remaining of Brodie Fiorini or 2MP

maybe a swap of lesser picks

Suns gain pick 2 and 7
And a million dollars in salary cap relief

lose picks 5
2MP
Fiorini
Brodie
Future first Rd

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

And trade 2021 future first Rd pick to Carlton for pick 7 and the remaining of Brodie Fiorini or 2MP

Suns gain pick 2 and 7

lose picks 5
2MP
Fiorini
Brodie
Future first Rd
Jesus where do we sign. If we get anything more then pick 40 for any one of them id be surprised

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Suns gain pick 2 and 7

lose picks 5
2MP
Fiorini
Brodie
Future first Rd
Get it done , pretty happy for the short .

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
and get to draft 2 of McDonald Phillips Thithorpe Holland’s or Bruhn

Set us up for the future.

no more top 10 picks after this year one would hope!
Just draft NT and GCS academy players after that . Don't need to worry about silly people from other team asking for cheapie or pick 2 for Weller and Ballard .

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Suns gain pick 2 and 7

lose picks 5
2MP
Fiorini
Brodie
Future first Rd
This is horrendous. Yes they’re on better money than they probably should be, but this is the first time in Suns history we have depth that can actually come in and contribute should we have injuries. Not to mention that we already have an extremely young core, and you want to go younger?

We need to start pushing up the ladder, not treading water repeatedly to get more draft picks.

CROWS CHECKING OUT BRODIE
ESSENDON has competition from Adelaide as clubs consider Gold Coast’s inside midfield bull Will Brodie.

Brodie has played only a single AFL game this year despite being selected as the No.9 pick in the 2016 national draft, with his second-last game a 26-possession, 10-tackle, six-clearance display against Carlton late last year.

But Matt Rowell and Hugh Greenwood have taken his spot as an inside mid at the Suns, with Greenwood having a better balance of clearances and defensive run and tackling.

It means Brodie will find a new home elsewhere, with multiple clubs looking for inside bulls who can farm the ball out to teammates on the outside.

The prospect of the Suns losing another top-10 pick would have filled them with dread only 12 months ago but right now Gold Coast looks stacked, having signed up every priority target past 2020.

Trigger13

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys, apologies for the intrusion. What’s the general consensus regarding Will Brodie? Is there a decent player hiding in there? Obviously hasn’t lived up to his potential. What’s the knock on him?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hi guys, apologies for the intrusion. What’s the general consensus regarding Will Brodie? Is there a decent player hiding in there? Obviously hasn’t lived up to his potential. What’s the knock on him?
A bit like David Swallow the younger version . Not the current version .

Back