2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If it ends up Treloar is pushed out the door due to his bloated contract there is no way #5 pick should be on the table.

Pies receive value in the form of salary cap relief so they can sign their other guys. As such the Pies would need to reduce what they get at the draft table if they want another club to pay a high proportion of his contract.

A club like the Sun's could potentially restructure the contract to front end what is reported to be a heavily back ended deal, given we are not paying Rowell or Anderson top dollar yet.

They could also use a player like 2MP as part of the deal to offload his bloated, yet relatively short-term deal.

If Sun's can't get a deal on its terms they should just walk away as Pies have already shown their hand that they are the team keen to sell, not the player keen to leave.

If it ends up Treloar is pushed out the door due to his bloated contract there is no way #5 pick should be on the table.

Pies receive value in the form of salary cap relief so they can sign their other guys. As such the Pies would need to reduce what they get at the draft table if they want another club to pay a high proportion of his contract.

A club like the Sun's could potentially restructure the contract to front end what is reported to be a heavily back ended deal, given we are not paying Rowell or Anderson top dollar yet.

They could also use a player like 2MP as part of the deal to offload his bloated, yet relatively short-term deal.we

If Sun's can't get a deal on its terms they should just walk away as Pies have already shown their hand that they are the team keen to sell, not the player keen to leave.

It’s our pick 5 though that is possibly enticing the Pies to really piss him off enough to leave and try and help convince him to walk to us. It’s a highly unlikely scenario, but it’s worth a shot.

We really need a mature A grade mid to push the top 8. I can’t see many others available this year - maybe Merrett or Dunkley?

It’s our pick 5 though that is possibly enticing the Pies to really piss him off enough to leave and try and help convince him to walk to us. It’s a highly unlikely scenario, but it’s worth a shot.

We really need a mature A grade mid to push the top 8. I can’t see many others available this year - maybe Merrett or Dunkley?

They can't have their cake and eat it too.

We can't be paying an injury prone player $1m at age 32 to have his body totally broken down, and giving up a potential gun in the process.

Treloar wants to stay at the Pies so if he begrudgingly nominated a club because the Pies want him gone to manage their salary cap, they can either beat their chest and demand the world or do the deal.

The risk for the Pies is if he breaks down for a chunk of next season that contract becomes untradeable.

Wait for the grand final. All this Jeremy Cameron, Brad Crouch free agency news in gf week isn't right. These are 2 heavyweights over the past 5 years for all the marbles, it's not the time for clubs to be so forward about trade news.
Ok you have been pretty rude to me twice now. Very poor.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

On a side note, why when you mention a player, you get all their stats in your post?

That’s actually a really cool feature I didn’t know existed.
I was wondering what stats you are talking about as I couldn’t see any. Then I clicked the players name. Never noticed that before.

That’s actually a really cool feature I didn’t know existed.
I was wondering what stats you are talking about as I couldn’t see any. Then I clicked the players name. Never noticed that before.
Its only been present for the past few weeks

On a side note, why when you mention a player, you get all their stats in your post?

That's a feature the higher ups have been working on for awhile.

Looks like they've flipped the switch on it in time for trade "week"

Handy for plebs like me that doesn't have the deepest knowledge of players outside of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we dont have an A grade already locked and loaded..
seems very quiet.

Adelaide is a farce of a football club.
Send pick 5 there ASAP for future first..
*cough* pick 1
The idea of trading is if you offer a deal that is beneficial for both clubs it’s more likely to get done.
Why on earth would Adelaide consider this.

The idea of trading is if you offer a deal that is beneficial for both clubs it’s more likely to get done.
Why on earth would Adelaide consider this.

Because there a farce.
They need wins ASAP and they know it.
Hence attacking this draft not waiting 12months.

The South Australians will be rampaging for blood if Crows fail again next year

The crows probably think they have a realistic chance at finals.
That’s how big headed they are.

Our record in taking that gamble is shocking

Geelong said they have been chasing Cameron for 2 years.
I’m starting to think the only players we are attracting are the Atkins and Markov vicinity

Fringe and pay day type players

might as well try maximise pick this year considering we get free hits with Davies and Jeffery

Dont get caught up in trade speculation just yet. Traditionally it happens after the GF. Also when did we hear about Neale to Brisbane? I think it came as a shock during or on the eve of trade period. Which doesn't start until the end of next week right?

Dont get caught up in trade speculation just yet. Traditionally it happens after the GF. Also when did we hear about Neale to Brisbane? I think it came as a shock during or on the eve of trade period. Which doesn't start until the end of next week right?
Weller was the same

If we dont have an A grade already locked and loaded..
seems very quiet.

Adelaide is a farce of a football club.
Send pick 5 there ASAP for future first..
*cough* pick 1
No chance, the number 1 pick next year is Jason Horne a SA kid. No chance they lose the opportunity to get him

Ahh i see the value when I open bf in my browser, the app has a glitch, at least on my Android. But all good. Might just be me.

Port interested in Allir Allir, I wonder if we have at least talked to him.
That's a feature the higher ups have been working on for awhile.

Looks like they've flipped the switch on it in time for trade "week"

Handy for plebs like me that doesn't have the deepest knowledge of players outside of the club

No chance, the number 1 pick next year is Jason Horne a SA kid. No chance they lose the opportunity to get him

if you think Adelaide believe they are even a 50% of winning the wooden spoon you are dreaming.

Ricciuto and the crows have a massive amount of tickets on themselves.
Think there s**t and there stupid camp don’t stink
Would back themselves for top 8

they wouldn’t be worried about some 16/17yr old SA kid

if you think Adelaide believe they are even a 50% of winning the wooden spoon you are dreaming.

Ricciuto and the crows have a massive amount of tickets on themselves.
Think there sh*t and there stupid camp don’t stink
Would back themselves for top 8

they wouldn’t be worried about some 16/17yr old SA kid
Mate I can guarantee they will be s**t again next year and Jason Horne would be the number 1 or 2 pick in this draft at 17. Trust me they won't be trading any future picks out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back