2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I posted earlier somewhere that I loved Matty Rowell and what he brings to our Club. At the same time, I failed to mention Noah Anderson and his impact, well I'm not going to miss here.

I am absolutely rapt that Elijah Hollands is now a Sun. He is going to be a star for our Club, maybe not in 2021, but with all the other young blokes, he is going to help us go forward...

Good times ahead...........

Gorringe Can Suck One

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was getting similar amounts of Buzz that Rowell and Walsh got before he did his knee. Was widely touted to go number one (Obv. before the ACL and emergence of Logan McDonald) in the free draft

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
If I just ignore Hollands obvious talent and look at his reaction with his family I would have to say he is an absolute legend. I think the Suns made an astute choice talent and personality wise. Loved that. That kid was beaming with gratitude..

If he was my young fella I would be beaming with pride. Welcome to the Suns Eli, we are stoked to have you.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
From the draft central website

"His goal sense is arguably the best in the draft crop, being one of those players that can turn on a dime and slam home a goal from just inside 50"
"Whilst Hollands is a right footer, he has been known to chuck it on his left and be just as effective. He can kick goals inside 50 on either foot"

I was excited about Rowell - but we kind of knew what he would deliver.
I think I'm more excited by Hollands who sounds like he could be the best player in the AFL in 5-6 years if everything goes his way.
This kind of guy in a winning Suns team could absolutely dominate the competition.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Think he quit the Suns as there is interest in him for psp and mid season by another club but they want to see him duplicate his form in a stronger competition. Pescud will be the interesting one today as he was arguably the best performed of the 18 year old academy kids
Gore is 20 years old next year can't play Nab or U 19, only pathway is through VFL or state league very overrated here, he is way overrated, as for Pescud I am a fan but Is good for him to play u19.

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gore is 20 years old next year can't play Nab or U 19, only pathway is through VFL or state league very overrated here, he is way overrated, as for Pescud I am a fan but Is good for him to play u19.

Agree with Gore statement. Looked okay but just another Dawson, Heron, Joyce, Nutting etc

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
How would u compare him to Flanders, OB?
Both game wise and pure talent...

I think EH has more talent - he is a better kick, bit more of a smooth mover, natural footballer, as a character has a bit more go about him and more likely to buy in to the club

Flanders - bit more of a power athlete - faster and stronger, bit more small forward craft if played close to goal (EH looks better /more creative as a high roaming half forward)

Game wise EH has more runs on the board as a big game player - BOG in the 2 biggest U17 games in 2019

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I see cam rayner is hollands.We are starting to get some very nice kicks in our team. Get a bike and do your pilates, we'll see you in July

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully he has a better initial 3 years in AFL than Rayner.

Rayner has underwhelmed and his conversion in front of goal is close to the worst I have ever seen for a player who has good kicking mechanics.

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
GOLD COAST SUNS

Picks (at the start of draft):
5, 76, 84

Selections: Elijah Hollands (7)

The Suns have certainly got a point of difference in the side after drafting forward-midfielder Elijah Hollands. There was talk he would go earlier, but he is a fine selection to complement their midfield mix. Despite rupturing an ACL at the start of the year, he will be doing everything he can to play at the start of 2021. WA talent pathways manager Mick Ablett said the Suns had acquired an excellent prospect. “I love this kid. He reminded me in the vision I saw of Marcus Bontempelli with lateral movement in the contest. He’s a genuine thinker who seems to be a step ahead in the stoppages. He’s got an innate ability to kick both sides,” Ablett told Fox Footy. “At no stage is this kid going to sit back and not take his opportunities. I think we’ll see a lot of him in year one at the Suns.” They only used one pick and got great value for it - it’s hard to find a complaint here.

Grade: A+

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
GOLD COAST SUNS

Picks (at the start of draft):
5, 76, 84

Selections: Elijah Hollands (7)

The Suns have certainly got a point of difference in the side after drafting forward-midfielder Elijah Hollands. There was talk he would go earlier, but he is a fine selection to complement their midfield mix. Despite rupturing an ACL at the start of the year, he will be doing everything he can to play at the start of 2021. WA talent pathways manager Mick Ablett said the Suns had acquired an excellent prospect. “I love this kid. He reminded me in the vision I saw of Marcus Bontempelli with lateral movement in the contest. He’s a genuine thinker who seems to be a step ahead in the stoppages. He’s got an innate ability to kick both sides,” Ablett told Fox Footy. “At no stage is this kid going to sit back and not take his opportunities. I think we’ll see a lot of him in year one at the Suns.” They only used one pick and got great value for it - it’s hard to find a complaint here.

Grade: A+

Holland and Flanders fighting for the same spot in the forward line early in their careers? Seem to be similar in terms of position.

Unless they can contribute defensively and overtake Holman/Macpherson but they are viewed highly by Dew in that regard.

A lot of firepower up forward now if we can finally learn to lower the eyes a little bit moving it inside 50.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think we have 3 picks. Probably Townsend & 2 Academy players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1607557380871.gif

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Putting Townsend on the rookie list is much easier to stomach then using a senior list spot on him when we were cutting players left and right IMO.

Although the Holland pick makes him absolutely obsolete now surely?

Corbett, Holland, Flanders, Holman, Lemmens, Macpherson, Ainsworth, Rankine, Sexton, Rosas, Farrar, Ace, Jeffries

More than 2 forward lines worth of small/medium forwards already.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Putting Townsend on the rookie list is much easier to stomach then using a senior list spot on him when we were cutting players left and right IMO.

Although the Holland pick makes him absolutely obsolete now surely?

Corbett, Holland, Flanders, Holman, Lemmens, Macpherson, Ainsworth, Rankine, Sexton, Rosas, Farrar, Ace, Jeffries

More than 2 forward lines worth of small/medium forwards already.
Corbett 3rd tall, Holman, Lemmens, Macpherson Depth only, Ainsworth Rankine, Sexton starters with Flanders and Hollands as emerging talent. Rosas Farrar and Ace all very speculative and Jefferys is a better defender then forward imo

Back