Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's that, they're simply looking at pick 2.

If we finished 10th like last year and the Band 1 compo was 9th/10th it wouldn't be an issue for them. It's just the carrot is so big because we were so bad.
But thats it. They don't want us to have pick 2. If it was Carlton? No problem - that is how compensation should work.
Us? The system is flawed etc....

But thats it. They don't want us to have pick 2. If it was Carlton? No problem - that is how compensation should work.
Us? The system is flawed etc....
Maybe, im not convinced

I really want us to draft Logan McDonald but then again I really want Elijah Hollands. It is really tough and that's why getting pick 2 would be so good but I am unsure that is realistic now.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Said it from Day 1.

Brouch shapes the entire 2020 draft, he is the answer to everything related to the draft period. :drunk:

The domino effect of us getting picks 1 and 2 and the power and force we can wield in bidding for players and trading picks will make us a powerhouse of the competition.

This is what AFL footy is all about, forget the flag. :drunk:

hey shorty

That was Phoenix we saw running the water bottle Friday night obviously....that fella on the right end Matthew Roberts mark him down as a genuine 2021 1st round chances even this far out...another "versatile" mid with all bases covered. Must have been injured not to play in one of those games.

Can see why possible 2020 1st round chance Brayden Cook on the other end didn't play in the game. Arm in a sling.

Capture.PNG

I know Im doing a Duursma here, but if the Crows get Picks 1 and 2 and possibly 5 via trade with the Suns, is there any possibility that they turn the draft on its head by going McDonald and TT with 1 and 2 and best mids available at 5?

Or will they 100% stick with McDonald/TT and one of Hollands/Phillips??

I think the biggest decision this Club will ever have made is at least exploring what Picks 1 and 2 may get them?

I sense Pick 2 may be gettable from us, especially if it gives us multiple low single digit 1st rounders? Maybe one for next year?

I know Im doing a Duursma here, but if the Crows get Picks 1 and 2 and possibly 5 via trade with the Suns, is there any possibility that they turn the draft on its head by going McDonald and TT with 1 and 2 and best mids available at 5?

I think the biggest decision this Club will ever have made is at least exploring what Picks 1 and 2 may get them?

I sense Pick 2 may be gettable from us, especially if it gives us multiple low single digit 1st rounders? Maybe one for next year?
Keep one and two. Trade 9 into next year would be better to me.
McDonald and Hollands.
Top 5 pick (Crows) and top ten pick (other) next year for two high quality mids to go with Hollands, Schoenberg, Hately and Jones.

McDonald and Hollands.
Top 5 pick (Crows) and top ten pick (other) next year for two high quality mids to go with Hollands, Schoenberg, Hately and Jones.
yeah, if the above ended up where we had 1, 2 and traded up to 5..could we put pick 5 up for a club to see if they want to trade a 2020 1st and a 2021 1st for it - it really would be something to end up with multiple 1sts next year (and ideally we improve next year but still get a top 3-5 pick in our rebuild from our ladder position - if top 3, maybe Jason Horne could be wearing our tri colours???)

yeah, if the above ended up where we had 1, 2 and traded up to 5..could we put pick 5 up for a club to see if they want to trade a 2020 1st and a 2021 1st for it - it really would be something to end up with multiple 1sts next year (and ideally we improve next year but still get a top 3-5 pick in our rebuild from our ladder position - if top 3, maybe Jason Horne could be wearing our tri colours???)

if it turns out that way
bid wb nga at 1( hopefully 20 plus 29 ) for 13
1 hollands
2 McDonald
5 tilthorpe. Get 3 best most likely slide. If not dgb or Phillips 8 and 21 rat compo
13 odriscal Perkins ford brun
add newchurch
Borlase
Edwards

McDonald and Hollands.

Need to then trade Pick 9 to a team that believes they are lock for the 8, like the Demons or even GWS. I could see easily these two teams spiraling down next year.

if it turns out that way
1 hollands
2 McDonald
5 tilthorpe. Get 3 best most likely slide. If not dgb or Phillips 8 and 21 rat compo
add newchurch
Borlase
Edwards

No way will TT last till 5.

You can forget that idea.

if it turns out that way
1 hollands
2 McDonald
add newchurch
Borlase
Edwards
we dont need 2 kpf's when we already have fogarty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hollands wont be there past Pick 2.

ok then Holland’s 1. But pick 2. Tilthorpe or McDonald I’m torn don’t know
but as rendel said if ROB goes down we r screwed in ruck. He seems leaning towards tilthorpe but want McDonald too. McDonald chf. Tilthorpe ff

but as rendel said if ROB goes down we r screwed in ruck. He seems leaning towards tilthorpe but want McDonald too. McDonald chf. Tilthorpe ff

TT will give you a bit more value as he can ruck as well.. personally I'd like us to take TT / Hollands but it's a toss of the coin between the two ( Hollands / McD)

If we have 1,2,5 I feel they will go one of these options:
Option 1
Pick 1 McDonald
Pick 2 DGB
Pick 5 Hollands or if not available Phillips

Option 2
1. Thilthorpe
2. DGB
5. Hollands or if not avail Phillips

Option 3
1. Hollands
2.McDonald/Thilthorpe
5. Phillips

Last edited:
TT will give you a bit more value as he can ruck as well.. personally I'd like us to take TT / Hollands but it's a toss of the coin between the two ( Hollands / McD)
Henry Smith seems to be the forgotten tall on this board, athletic WWT 204cm Forward/Ruck, decent foot skills, good overhead and excellent below his kness for someone his size. Not as forward in his development as Thilthorpe game wise or physically but he's plenty talented with more to come into the future.

Henry Smith seems to be the forgotten tall on this board, athletic WWT 204cm Forward/Ruck, decent foot skills, good overhead and excellent below his kness for someone his size. Not as forward in his development as Thilthorpe game wise or physically but he's plenty talented with more to come into the future.

where Is he expected to go in draft

where Is he expected to go in draft
Hard to gauge this year with the unusual season we're having, my best guess with clubs probably thinking he'll be needing some time to develop further physically mid to late draft, more likely later in the draft. Doesn't look to be too many draft ready ruckmen available this year or next unless some come out of the woodwork so that could make it interesting.

This is true - Hopefully he's sitting there in the mid 20's / rookie draft :p

Say we get pick 2 for crouch and we sit with 1,2,8 and 12 after trading with WB. What are your thoughts on maybe trading 8 for a future 1st next year or maybe 12 or do we go all out in this draft

Ruck is an overrated position.

Look at the elite ruckmen of the competition and look where their respective teams finished.

Elite mids and one power forward is where this game is currently at the moment.

Ruck is an overrated position.

Look at the elite ruckmen of the competition and look where their respective teams finished.

Elite mids and one power forward is where this game is currently at the moment.

Even if ROB went down a 1st year TT who is a part-time ruck will get destroyed so don't think that is the way to go. I wouldn't mind picking up a ruck in the draft or maybe even trade for one. Hollands and McDonald seem like the way to go for 1 and 2 and hopefully Himmelberg flourishes as that forward who pinch hit in the ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back