Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Should be also can only match with first pick within 10 of the nomination pick.

So if we go the Dogs kids with pick 1, they need at least pick 11.
If a bid comes in the first 10 picks of the round, they should have to match with a bid from the same round.

If they don't have one, then it goes to their pick next year. From there, their next pick this year can be used.

Thilthorpe is probably the better contested mark but give me a forward that can get serious separation from his defender over that every day personally.

They're both decent talents and I'm happy enough to have either on our list.
If we have 1 and 2, would you go McDonald and Tilthorpe?

Nope, I'd go Hollands and one of McDonald/Thilthorpe...everything is contingent on getting pick 2 however., especially in Hollands case.

myself yes but majority I go with either of two plus Holland. Myself get both and I think if trade up to pick 5 ( 8 and 13 get Holland’ as well. Will slide few places My take. Get big 3

Smoky...Love the fact the lad's got pro-active promoting himself with 12 highlight reels on HUDL

Old man Haydn went alright too playing games for Melbourne, Richmond and Woodville/West Torrens.

Another /defender/outside for considerationmid Mego Red ?

Oh, there's a lot of hustle about him, isn't there. Really wants to take the game on.

I'm not saying he's as smooth as Hamill, but I like that they both have the instinct to get the ball and take off, instead of stopping or going backwards.

First step should be to make it so that clubs pay full value for the first two rounds, no discounts.
I think this is the easiest thing to do.

A club should still get the player they've developed, but they just have to pay market price.

If we do away with it, clubs will abandon the development they're doing, which I think will be a loss.

Oh, there's a lot of hustle about him, isn't there. Really wants to take the game on.

I'm not saying he's as smooth as Hamill, but I like that they both have the instinct to get the ball and take off, instead of stopping or going backwards.
And that's when Adelaide played their best this season when they were prepared to play with flair and "hustle".

More & more commentators are stating that Crows won't get Pick 2 for crouch. What is odd to me are the people on here who claim that if Pick 2 isn't going to happen then Adelaide keep him. Why would they want to keep a player who for 2 years has been trying to leave ? If it's an end of Round 1 pick it simply increases their scope to bundle picks to get Pick 8 higher.
The important thing you failed to realize is that crouch is worth a LOT more than an end of first 🙄.
If we fail in this trade this club is a disgrace.

If a bid comes in the first 10 picks of the round, they should have to match with a bid from the same round.

If they don't have one, then it goes to their pick next year. From there, their next pick this year can be used.
I think it is going to get too messy when you start to put limitations like that on it. Just get rid of the 20% discount or get rid of the option to match in the first round.

The important thing you failed to realize is that crouch is worth a LOT more than an end of first 🙄.
For once I didn't fail to realise anything!! In a perfect, fair, honest AFL world of course he should warrant a first round pick(Pick 2), but Adelaide are unlikely to retain him simply because, I presume, they feel that his injury history doesn't justify a 5 year deal & over the last week it has been admitted that he is looking to leave. It won't be the Crows fault if Pick 2 isn't forthcoming so maybe you might consider directing your proposed outrage at the AFL, if it goes belly-up.

I think the point that was trying to be made is. We know Holland's is the gun. But out of Thilthorpe and McDonald, if you can only pick one, who would it be.
Nope, I'd go Hollands and one of McDonald/Thilthorpe...everything is contingent on getting pick 2 however., especially in Hollands case.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much. St kilda's pick 15 would even be a s**t outcome for brouch. In reality pick 15 is pick 20 or worse in this draft.

Sorry mate just cannot help feeling McDonald as Pick 1 for the Crows will not be a good fit for the Crows, He has the Talent in spades
But out of the 2, I feel he the less defensive, that may change, who knows
And I am nocking his talent I am making a direct comparison to TT and Why I would go with TT before him,
Correct, just have to listen Rendell on trade radio. McDonald will be targeted heavy from WA teams when he gets drafted. The eagles will attempt to get him in 2 years due to Kennedy’s career coming to a end. He and Phillips have to much go home factor. I feel Thilthorpe and Hollands are the crows targets and bonus they are crows supporters. Players with zero go home factor is the key in this part of the rebuild.

Correct, just have to listen Rendell on trade radio. McDonald will be targeted heavy from WA teams when he gets drafted. The eagles will attempt to get him in 2 years due to Kennedy’s career coming to a end. He and Phillips have to much go home factor. I feel Thilthorpe and Hollands are the crows targets and bonus they are crows supporters. Players with zero go home factor is the key in this part of the rebuild.
I'm not sure that the "go home" factor is that big for Wa boys. I can't remember too many trades home except for mental health issues (why we have interviews) or lack of opportunity. Can't see lack of opportunity being a big deal if we go McDonald.

Besides, if non-vic metro "go home" factor is as big as you fear, we can just use the WA picks to bring Thilthorpe home . . .

The GC King Boy won the Grand Final sprint last year. Thilthorpe would not win a sprint possibly come dead last and easily.
You know Ben Keays was our runner this year.

And this year of all years if we have pick 1 and 2 the 2 best kids we could take are thilthorpe and hollands on talent and no go home factor..absolute win win

And this year of all years if we have pick 1 and 2 the 2 best kids we could take are thilthorpe and hollands on talent and no go home factor..absolute win win
Huge stroke of luck that two of the very best prospects are Crows' fans. I'm only going McDonald, if we are confident of upgrading our pick 8 to the pick where we know Thilthorpe will be available (clubs tend to have a strong idea, by draft week, of each of their intentions).

Huge stroke of luck that two of the very best prospects are Crows' fans. I'm only going McDonald, if we are confident of upgrading our pick 8 to the pick where we know Thilthorpe will be available (clubs tend to have a strong idea, by draft week, of each of their intentions).

Nah, we need to focus on midfielders at that point of the draft.

Grab whatever KPF you want at 1, then mids, then NGAs.

Nah, we need to focus on midfielders at that point of the draft.

Grab whatever KPF you want at 1, then mids, then NGAs.
After listening to Kelly this morning (he said that the club's emphasis is on midfield), I think you may be right. We'll probably only take one tall early (maybe none, if we don't get pick 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back