Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Nah. Phillips isn't worth burning a top 2 pick on. McDonald or Thilthorpe please.
There will be time in the next 5 drafts to add to our midfield of Hollands, Schoenberg, Pick 9 and Jones.
Plus Matt Crouch and Rory Laird still exist.
Dont rely on Jones. Should have shown something special by now, IMO hasnt. I have my concerns about him.

I know its not a good way to view the draft, but JK is probably playing his last year next IMO and Darling a couple of years after that.

The Eagles will come hard after McDonald. Not saying thats the reason I wouldnt want McDonald, but if its lineball between TT and McDonald.

I'm in Love .......I've seen enough ...199cm, plays like Eric Hipwood .....equally adept on the ground, quick, great footy nouse ...and I can't tell if he's a right or left foot kick

#8 please .....IMO better than Thilthorpe or McDonald

View attachment 970337

I thought he was a right footer when I saw him take set shots from 40m on his right...then in the same game he has another set shot from the same position and kicks on his left. Both are goals.

Elite leg, doesn't look a hugely quick or great overhead, but seems a 2m Leon Cameron. Imagine him and Worrell on the wings!

I feel like Phillips is the Serong on 2020. He goes alright.
Agree, probably the Sam Walsh too. He could win the Rising Star (and not be included in the U22 team) but if you look at upside, doesn't have as much as some others in the draft.

If you want immediate impact, he's your guy, but if you want a guy to win games for you in 5 years, probably not.

I thought he was a right footer when I saw him take set shots from 40m on his right...then in the same game he has another set shot from the same position and kicks on his left. Both are goals.

Elite leg, doesn't look a hugely quick or great overhead, but seems a 2m Leon Cameron. Imagine him and Worrell on the wings!
Not quick but exceptional endurance for a big fella.

There is literally no one in the media apart from rowey talking about pick 2 as a possibility. Vic media talking pick 19. More reasonable media talking top 10. I'm not sure I'd lose brad if that's the case
There are a lot of print articles that discuss the Crows draft plans that mentioned the potential of Crouch being pick two.

Agreed. I would have considered it in other years, but this draft is super compromised!
All this talk of this draft being super compromised is a bit of a myth really. for pick 8 to become 16 there would need to be 8 bids in the top 8 and that just isn’t going to happen. In fact there probably will only be 1 or 2 bids in the top 8 (JUH and Campbell) so all you really need to do is not include the NGA’s on your board and you can see what will be available at your current picks. that list would be something like.

1. McDonald
2. Hollands
3. Phillips
4. Grainger Barras
5. Bruhn
6. Tillthorpe
7. Reid
8. Cox
9. Perkins
10. O’Driscoll
11. Macrae
12. Chapman
13. Henry
14. Trew
15. Berry

therefore if we had say pick 9 after FA compo’s then we could probably still get Perkins or Macrae even if it ended up being pick 15 on the night.
pick 16 might end up being 24 on the night but Berry or Powell will probably still be there.

More chance of getting a star player with pick 1. Premiership sides have top picks, very rarely do they not.
Lets not be cute, we need top draft picks. Tried to be cute in 2018 and it back fired
In the last 40 years, how many pick ones have won a premiership?

In Binuk we trust....or not....that is the question?:think:
Not that I have worked with him or anything, but I would trust his judgement.

The decision making is made as a collective between Hamish (other scouts) / Binuk's analytics team and Reidy. If there is evidence to support (can you tell I'm an engineer?) that the lower draft picks (and selected players) benefit the AFC more than the higher draft pick, I'm all for it.

That being said, I just browse this board relying on people like yourself to highlight junior players which may not be getting the attention they deserve.!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't trade pick 1 until you've received the compo pick for Brad .....it could be the pick after our first round, so if we traded #1 out to say #5, then Brads compo pick would be #6 instead of #2 .....that would be dumb
Wayne, you've been good recently, but you really need to think through this post a bit.

if someone bids for campbell before sydney's pick do sydney then have to use pick 3 for him? if so *ing do it. f!@k sydney. dont let them have 2 top 10 picks.

In Binuk we trust....or not....that is the question?:think:
He seems to have a decent grip on what is a reasonably new development in the draft, and we've done reasonably well in the last few with pick swaps and death-ride picks.

So far if you were to adjudge his output as being purely based on our efforts around working our draft position to our favour on draft day you would have to say he's worth trusting.

I'm in Love .......I've seen enough ...199cm, plays like Eric Hipwood .....equally adept on the ground, quick, great footy nouse ...and I can't tell if he's a right or left foot kick

#8 please .....IMO better than Thilthorpe or McDonald

View attachment 970337

I’ve never seen a player so natural off both his left and his right foot. He Literally kicks set shots for goal off either foot depending on which side of the ground he is on and the wind! I don’t think I have ever seen that before.

Not that I have worked with him or anything, but I would trust his judgement.

The decision making is made as a collective between Hamish (other scouts) / Binuk's analytics team and Reidy. If there is evidence to support (can you tell I'm an engineer?) that the lower draft picks (and selected players) benefit the AFC more than the higher draft pick, I'm all for it.

That being said, I just browse this board relying on people like yourself to highlight junior players which may not be getting the attention they deserve.!
With so many picks in the top half of the draft and probably more to come this will be Binuk's big test.

I’ve never seen a player so natural off both his left and his right foot. He Literally kicks set shots for goal off either foot depending on which side of the ground he is on and the wind! I don’t think I have ever seen that before.
Seen Lachie Sholl kick lately?

I know people will criticize him, but Twomey isn't that far off.

What do people actually think is Brad's value on the open market as an uncontracted midfielder that's never made All Australian selection or even the squad of 40?

I think it's probably no more than pick 10. Certainly not pick 2 and definitely not two firsts.
How is open market relevant? Its all formulaic for FA.

jesus, Id nearly take him instead of mcdonald and thilthorpe. could easily turn into a kpf.

mate good post the only issue is that it was the Swans who GWS feared would bid on Green, not us. Clearly if we really wanted him we wouldnt have done the deal.
That's weird.

I would have thought the reason they wanted to do a deal with us was because we had the strongest track record of bidding.

Have Sydney bid that often? They clearly didn't think inside mids was what Sydney would be looking at.

That's weird.

I would have thought the reason they wanted to do a deal with us was because we had the strongest track record of bidding.

Have Sydney bid that often? They clearly didn't think inside mids was what Sydney would be looking at.
That was all the talk going around that Sydney were going to take Green and GWS had to get in before the Swans pick. Clearly remember reading numerous articles re this.

theres some interesting elements here but why do Swans give up an elite player at 4? Makes no sense to me.
If their assumption is a bid is coming for Campbell and they can't get before it (or it costs too much, by sacrificing a top 5 pick in the 2021 Superdraft), then they would move down, in a trade that gives them the most 2020 point benefit.

That trade gives them Campbell and another pick at the end of the first round, and they also have the premium pick next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back