Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
thilthorpe aint worth pick 1, sorry. I could see him also picking phiilips/bruhn at 1.
He may not be worth pick 1 but thats what we have

He isnt lasting until 8

Quite a few players picked 1 arent ''worth it'' but thats where the clubs landed in comparison to their needs - be that marketing, supporter pressure or other factors etc

TT McDonald Hollands will all be gone by 5. The other two names drawn out in the 5 will be JUH and Cambell. I cant tell you the order because its too far to go but these will be the first five players on the stage.

TBH. I think once Brad's contract offers are finalized, the Top 5 will take shape from that decision.

If we end up with "just" Pick 1. We will go Mid, all day every day. ie Hollands. I do worry though about a player that has done an ACL.

He may not be worth pick 1 but thats what we have

He isnt lasting until 8

Quite a few players picked 1 arent ''worth it'' but thats where the clubs landed in comparison to their needs - be that marketing, supporter pressure or other factors etc

North and the Hawks will take the two forwards in TT and McDonald if we dont take one of them.

If we are going tall which has been suggested I would not let McDonald go past to North or Hawks.
Overall I like Hollands.
its got to be hollands with 1 purely on needs. fact that he is crows supporter will be afc media dream. no brainer despite ACL most experts have him no 1 barring NGA

if I had 2 as well from brad compo I would bid on cambell as well because I see nathan buckley there in front of me and thats still my needs. i have not seen a player that looks like that since seeing buckley at port in the early days - not sure about anyone else. sydney will match. suddenly what was pick 9 after brad compo stays 9 and not pushed out. win. if they do not bid I would be ecstatic but I now assume they match bid.

i would not bid on JUH. dont want him dont need him and doesnt help the position of the pick 9.

I would now trade 3 to north for 4 on the night to buy time and see what they do. there are pros and cons with TT and mcdonald each. its not clear.

If they pick mcdonald with 2, I take TT with 3. if TT vice versa. obviously we get something back but you are also maintaining control of the draft for longer.

if north took neither and say took phillips to replace cunnington. i trade down a spot again with hawthorn (sydneys pick is gone). loop back to the TT or Mcdonald convo collecting something from hawthorn as well.

by this stage all of my 5 listed names will be gone. the phillips scenario would knly happen at north if they collected FA daniher or cameron prior.

just my 2c

TBH. I think once Brad's contract offers are finalized, the Top 5 will take shape from that decision.

If we end up with "just" Pick 1. We will go Mid, all day every day. ie Hollands. I do worry though about a player that has done an ACL.
it didnt worry st kilda with max and bigger risk with a tall forward than a mid

Flashes of brilliance interspersed with a lot of nothingness....if we draft him I reckon the 2km run on the tan will be excruciating to watch the last KM if his game day fitness look is any guide. And he played a lot on ball today so he should have got good numbers. I'll eagerly await his results in the endurance tests at the Combine. At least 2 of those clearances were high up and under hack kicks by the way

he’s probably your perfect rookie candidate isn’t he, especially at a time with reduced lists and you really need to make those spots count.
excels in some areas but has 1-2 huge deficiencies that probably stop him being taken in the first round.
Even if a bid came for him in the main draft a bit later on, I’m matching as it will cost us peanuts.

You can’t teach talent and skill like that, not the athleticism. You can teach fitness and drill work rate into players. See what Ryan and Rioli have done over at the eagles, they are great examples of players that have ability in spades, and have worked hard on their fitness and endurance to become stars of the AFL.

what is the obsession with hately? he is f*n garbo. if he wasnt from SA you wouldnt be talking about him.
If Hately was 17 this year and his draft highlights reel, along with his Sanfl form footage from his draft year, was being shown on here..

there’d be crew on here calling for us to take him with the GWS pick at a minimum..

he was bloody good in his draft year. Just didnt get as much recognition because his draft year included Rankine, Rozee, luko, king bros, Smith, Walsh, Caldwell, Jones and a few others.. it was a bumper crop. So he receieved less of the focus.

If there was 190cm+ big bodied goal kicking mid from South Australia who’d been playing SANFL this year and showing a lot like Hately did.. guaranteed we’d all be frothing over him in here.

Id give up one of our seconds this year for him in a heartbeat..

he’s probably your perfect rookie candidate isn’t he, especially at a time with reduced lists and you really need to make those spots count.
excels in some areas but has 1-2 huge deficiencies that probably stop him being taken in the first round.
Even if a bid came for him in the main draft a bit later on, I’m matching as it will cost us peanuts.

You can’t teach talent and skill like that, not the athleticism. You can teach fitness and drill work rate into players. See what Ryan and Rioli have done over at the eagles, they are great examples of players that have ability in spades, and have worked hard on their fitness and endurance to become stars of the AFL.
fair call and charlie cameron was tge same too. they will take him but who knows where in draft

If Hately was 17 this year and his draft highlights reel, along with his Sanfl form footage from his draft year, was being shown on here..

there’d be crew on here calling for us to take him with the GWS pick at a minimum..

he was bloody good in his draft year. Just didnt get as much recognition because his draft year included Rankine, Rozee, luko, king bros, Smith, Walsh, Caldwell, Jones and a few others.. it was a bumper crop. So he receieved less of the focus.

If there was 190cm+ big bodied goal kicking mid from South Australia who’d been playing SANFL this year and showing a lot like Hately did.. guaranteed we’d all be frothing over him in here.

I'd give up the last of our 2nds, not pick 20.

definitely a better bet than poulter and xan get him free in psd if he wants us. im sure we have the leg up because of nicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely a better bet than poulter and xan get him free in psd if he wants us. im sure we have the leg up because of nicks
I dunno, Poulter has all the hallmarks of being just as good

its got to be hollands with 1 purely on needs. fact that he is crows supporter will be afc media dream. no brainer despite ACL most experts have him no 1 barring NGA

if I had 2 as well from brad compo I would bid on cambell as well because I see nathan buckley there in front of me and thats still my needs. i have not seen a player that looks like that since seeing buckley at port in the early days - not sure about anyone else. sydney will match. suddenly what was pick 9 after brad compo stays 9 and not pushed out. win. if they do not bid I would be ecstatic but I now assume they match bid.

i would not bid on JUH. dont want him dont need him and doesnt help the position of the pick 9.

I would now trade 3 to north for 4 on the night to buy time and see what they do. there are pros and cons with TT and mcdonald each. its not clear.

If they pick mcdonald with 2, I take TT with 3. if TT vice versa. obviously we get something back but you are also maintaining control of the draft for longer.

if north took neither and say took phillips to replace cunnington. i trade down a spot again with hawthorn (sydneys pick is gone). loop back to the TT or Mcdonald convo collecting something from hawthorn as well.

by this stage all of my 5 listed names will be gone. the phillips scenario would knly happen at north if they collected FA daniher or cameron prior.

just my 2c

Need to bid on Campbell with #1 in this scenario. Shame the Swans didn’t beat Geelong last weekend as they would’ve jumped two spots on the ladder.

JJ was actually the fastest Crow across 40m sprint back in 2017.
Back then people complained about those joe goose goals. But this was due to lumbering defenders not being able to keep up with JJ when we played that slingshot style footy. This style really did make use of his abilities, just not his strength.

Hard to justify that, seeing as Hately had achieved a lot more at the same age.
Probably, given we didn't have U18 champs to judge these kids on.

But I stand by it. Happy to get Hately in at the right price.

it didnt worry st kilda with max and bigger risk with a tall forward than a mid
Two completely different players though. A forwards asset is their aerial supremacy and kick for goal.

A mid needs to be agile and have speed. I have my concerns about us taking a player thats coming of an ACL. There is a risk, as there is a risk with any pick, but in this situation the risk is amplified.

I do think having Pick 2 as well though may negate that risk as we have "2 chances" of getting an elite player with a long term future.

just my 2c
Yeah look, I don’t know. Sorry but if the recruiting team went in with a PR slant to placate fans it would be negligent. Don’t give a fig if it a media dream and if they did I’d want them replaced.
We need outside mid speed but I don’t agree that it will come from pick one.
Tex is cooked and Lynch is on the back end of his career so the biggest need imo is key forward.
McDonald and TT are the candidates and I prefer McDonald.

Two completely different players though. A forwards asset is their aerial supremacy and kick for goal.

A mid needs to be agile and have speed. I have my concerns about us taking a player thats coming of an ACL. There is a risk, as there is a risk with any pick, but in this situation the risk is amplified.

I do think having Pick 2 as well though may negate that risk as we have "2 chances" of getting an elite player with a long term future.
a leaping forward is coming down with weight on the knee

everything is a risk. you could draft someone they do the acl in the first session. smith has recovered ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back