Position 2020 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty, GAJ, Robbie Gray have all had similar breakout years. If you picked GAJ in your side in the 2007 preseason or Robbie Gray in your side in the 2014 preseason people would be laughing at the pick just like they're laughing at the Petracca pick now.

It's gonna click for Petracca eventually. No reason why it can't be this year.

Could see myself starting with Whitfield, Dusty, Greenwood, Petracca and Smith tbh
Mix of those will be popular, will be a definite shift to some mix of 4 of those. Haven't looked to see how all five would go.

Ive quit on snortfield, straight swap for the Bont. More mid time and just realized he was 23 three months ago.

I'm in on Petracca. As deceptive as articles on him have been in the past, he said hes going to significantly increase his mid time. He was also a really good player up forward last year in a pathetic team, ranked first for pressure as a forward in the league IIRC.

Greenwood still a maybe, I dont know if GC are any good or not.

The only difference in SC is the amount of players that break the 100 each game I think. So if GC is last again this season we'll probably see at most 2 players with scores over 100 each losing game and probably 1 of those will do that consistently. Every chance that 1 player will be someone like greenwood. Either way his avg will be improved over last season.

Dusty, GAJ, Robbie Gray have all had similar breakout years. If you picked GAJ in your side in the 2007 preseason or Robbie Gray in your side in the 2014 preseason people would be laughing at the pick just like they're laughing at the Petracca pick now.

Any thoughts on Rozee as a pick?

Any thoughts on Rozee as a pick?

I probably won't be picking him myself, but I don't hate it. He'll get more midfield time this year and he's talented enough to convert that into a breakout season.

Sam Powell-Pepper has FWD status and I only just realised. Is there a soul brave enough? Looked in good knick yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, my plan. Running 6 premos in the mids.

I was against this a month ago, thinking it was too much money. But the mids get better year after year. Bont just hit 24, Jelly full preseason, second full preseason for Neale after he was trained by diesel, Dunkley scoring 200s at 22. 600-650 isnt a bad price for them.

I was against this a month ago, thinking it was too much money. But the mids get better year after year. Bont just hit 24, Jelly full preseason, second full preseason for Neale after he was trained by diesel, Dunkley scoring 200s at 22. 600-650 isnt a bad price for them.
I just can't see much value in the premo forwards. Midfield of 6 premos is largely set and forget, with Rowell and Pickett staring on field potentially decent scorers as well.

GAJ and Gray yes, but Dusty averaged 98.9 in his second season so maybe not the most apt comparison.

I just can't see much value in the premo forwards. Midfield of 6 premos is largely set and forget, with Rowell and Pickett staring on field potentially decent scorers as well.
I toyed with a 6 premo midfield it just leaves you open everywhere else and with only two spots to cram the true SP's into.

My 6 premo team has Doch at D4 though so its only those POS forwards that suffer but Im not really that fussed due to the levels of POS

But the forward rookies look putrid, and as history suggests, they'll be the weakest scorers. 6 midfield premos means you'll have a lot of DEF and FWD rookies on field. Rowell at M6, Pickett at M7 and somebody else at M8 makes a lot more sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back