Review 2021 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

The day is finally upon us!

As with 2020, this draft crop has been impacted by the pandemic, with prospects in Victoria and New South Wales having less opportunities than in a normal year to show what they're made of. On top of that, many Victorian prospects had a complete wipe out of their U17s year in 2020, so it could get a bit crazy after the first few picks.

Reminder to submit your draft tips before entries close at 7!
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-official-bigfooty-draft-tipping-competition.1292453/

So to kick this off, who do you think will be the biggest bolter? Who will slide? And who do you think your team will get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
So Tigers are going to trade pick 15 for future picks, who is most likely to come up with something tolerable... Would Carlton's future 2nd and perhaps a swap of 3rds get the job done..
Essendon might. Depends who’s on the board I’d think.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Could be one of the more bizarre nights. Can see a heap of live pick trades.

I remember the pick swap Sydney did with West Coast a few years ago. I was losing my s**t at the awful trade until West Coast basically traded us back the pick when I realised that Sydney were doing that first trade to hide the pick from the Blakey bid.

How long can they stretch out the coverage do we think?
I would anticipate it going to around 9.30.

It'll start at 7 (probably pre-show on the AFL website and maybe another one on Fox), first selection at 7.15.

~20 selections, 5 minutes between selections, 100 minutes. So that's 8.55 already. Then add a couple of delays with live pick trading and bid matching etc plus a wrap up.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Why would Richmond trade a first rounder for a future 2nd? The swap of thirds are meh.
Was more hopeful, but simply more about if they dont really rate this draft in which they have 5 picks inside 30 and wanting to leverage this to get a better draft hand next year.

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
So Tigers are going to trade pick 15 for future picks, who is most likely to come up with something tolerable... Would Carlton's future 2nd and perhaps a swap of 3rds get the job done..

I think the HUN have taken that completely out of context. Matt Clarke said we'd consider trading it back 4-5 maybe 6 spots but depends on what we get back if its enticing.

Trading it into the future for a 2nd and a swap of 3rds. Highly doubtful.

freo99

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I remember the pick swap Sydney did with West Coast a few years ago. I was losing my sh*t at the awful trade until West Coast basically traded us back the pick when I realised that Sydney were doing that first trade to hide the pick from the Blakey bid.
I don’t have a problem with this as the team trading out their 1st still has to pay a premium.

As it is now it can + did create problems if you want to trade again with the same club.
eg Freo + Melb

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I remember the pick swap Sydney did with West Coast a few years ago. I was losing my sh*t at the awful trade until West Coast basically traded us back the pick when I realised that Sydney were doing that first trade to hide the pick from the Blakey bid.
That was funny. The AFL were embarrassed and quickly shut that loophole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back