Game Day 2021 ANZAC Day, R6 Collingwood v Essendon (Sun 25-Apr, 3.20pm @ MCG) | Lest We Forget

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose this and the hawks likely win in Launceston... and we go second last.

Thank god for North Melbournes ineptitude
Could be a blockbuster for the spoon in a couple of weeks šŸ˜¬.

looking forward to seeing the kids playing, but couldnā€™t be more over seeing the same not up to AFL standard players gifted games.

Happy game day people, always a special day this one. Reckon weā€™re going to be up against it, maybe just a little too inexperienced. Still, great opportunity for our youngsters to experience a big occasion.

Hoping to see some risk taking today and fast ball movement.

Go Pies!
Yes, when/if we lose, there will be the inevitable performance comparisons between the dubious ins and the illustrious outs, lots more time for regret and anger versus the 'just move on' and forget crowd.

But there again, Anzac Day is all about celebrating the doomed heroics of the vanquished and the incompetence of the combat machine that engineered the disastrous battle placing our armies, in kamikaze mode, firmly in the line of fire. How fortunate that Essendon are similarly weakened by injury if not like us also by design. Still, it will kill a slab of time on an otherwise bleak Sunday afternoon. 'Go Pies!' shouted loudly and often enough may be just sufficient encouragement to coax our threadbare human resources across the line against the inconsistent peptide bombers.

Could be a blockbuster for the spoon in a couple of weeks šŸ˜¬.

looking forward to seeing the kids playing, but couldnā€™t be more over seeing the same not up to AFL standard players gifted games.
Storm get used to it - we can't play all the kids without enough seniors around them - even if it has to be - and it does - the residue of failed seniors we have left at our disposal.

Yes, when/if we lose, there will be the inevitable performance comparisons between the dubious ins and the illustrious outs, lots more time for regret and anger versus the 'just move on' and forget crowd.

But there again, Anzac Day is all about celebrating the doomed heroics of the vanquished and the incompetence of the combat machine that engineered the disastrous battle placing our armies, in kamikaze mode, firmly in the line of fire. How fortunate that Essendon are similarly weakened by injury if not like us also by design. Still, it will kill a slab of time on an otherwise bleak Sunday afternoon. 'Go Pies!' shouted loudly and often enough may be just sufficient encouragement to coax our threadbare human resources across the line against the inconsistent peptide bombers.
There is also beer.

The Kordanator to rip off his shirt and rub his man breasts in tune with the club song

I find your visions...alluring.

If this part of it comes to fruition, my ambivalence about our new President will give way to unabashed love with a hint of concern.

Essendon are as pleasing as an anal wart. I deeply hope we prick the pricks, and my hope tells me we'll win by something less than your 64 points and closer to 7 goals. It'll do.

Go Pies.

Disgraceful scenes at the MCG tonight. An Aboriginal Eider carry a flaming torch lit at cauldron Doesnā€™t the AFL realise that this was first introduced by the Nazis at the 36 Olympics? And this ins ANZAC Day

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The first torchbearer, Greece's Konstantin Kondylis, was also the first athlete of the Modem Olympic Games to bear the symbolic flame. Fritz Schilgen, a 1931 Student World Champion in the 1500 meter event, was chosen to run the flame into the Berlin stadium because of his attractive running style

If we lose this one today... man... Iā€™m going to go home, eat dinner, watch some TV and get on with the more important things in life.

A good start.. would be to throw your membership in the Yarra first re. You'll feel liberated and that re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know itā€™s all doom and gloom around here, but I canā€™t wait to get to the G tomorrow. Have no confidence at all but just love being back at the footy.

A little off topic but I've gotta hand it to you, how you manage to stay positive when the season and short term future is seemingly down the toilet is the stuff of steely resolve! Amid the club publicly embarrassing itself with the trade debacle to totally destroy any window that might've been I might add.

Kudos to you Jmac, I sincerely and truly mean that.

In the words of the gimp.

'You're a great re....'

A little off topic but I've gotta hand it to you, how you manage to stay positive when the season and short term future is seemingly down the toilet is the stuff of steely resolve! Amid the club publicly embarrassing itself with the trade debacle to totally destroy any window that might've been I might add.

Kudos to you Jmac, I sincerely and truly mean that.

In the words of the gimp.

'You're a great re....'
Alas, I donā€™t think Gimp would agree, but Iā€™ll take the compliment none the less.

Barracking for the Pies is never easy, but we have no choice. Make the most of what we can when we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back