Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May absolutely carried us this year, best year of his career by far and was robbed of AA selection. May takes a lot of our kick outs along with Salem and probably now Rivers. Will be a very safe pick and most likely a POD. My main concern though would be that if Lever pulls his finger out and does something then May will have less intercepts which is where most of his scoring lies. Watchlist
If Lever pulls his finger out, he'll most likely miss games or at the very least find it much harder to intercept mark. #blamethebourbon

See the source image

Last edited:
May absolutely carried us this year, best year of his career by far and was robbed of AA selection. May takes a lot of our kick outs along with Salem and probably now Rivers. Will be a very safe pick and most likely a POD. My main concern though would be that if Lever pulls his finger out and does something then May will have less intercepts which is where most of his scoring lies. Watchlist
Why isn't Marty Hore playing?

Why isn't Marty Hore playing?
Nothing special tbh. Was injured all last season. We go ok for small/mid defenders, Rivers, Salem, Hibberd, Lockhart. He'll most likely be fringe and competing with Joel Smith for a spot. Pretty set backline at the dees.

I don't think may will score as high in SC with points from intercepts not getting scaled as much due to 20min quarters.

Nothing special tbh. Was injured all last season. We go ok for small/mid defenders, Rivers, Salem, Hibberd, Lockhart. He'll most likely be fringe and competing with Joel Smith for a spot. Pretty set backline at the dees.

Joel Smith is absolute garbage, if Hore is competing with him for a spot then he'll play 22 games.

Wish I could just pick 6 premos and be done with it down back:
Lloyd, Laird, Whitfield, Daniel, Stewart, Short

Currently have the bolded 3, Whitfield next in line

I like Zilliams and Milera as well

Joel Smith is absolute garbage, if Hore is competing with him for a spot then he'll play 22 games.
I kinda messed that up, Hore is the next in line or smith if they want 4 keys. Watch out for Smith though, 2nd best athlete in the league behind Frosty.

I really WANT to pick Clark (Huge fan of his pre draft and in general) but just can't do it.

Even wanted him last year and he didn't really jump up in 2020. Expected him to be around 90+ and he ended up with 81.7 from 16 games.

Given they decided to give midfield minutes to a spud like Zac Jones, and with the addition of Crouch, i'm presuming he'll be shackled to the HBF again in 2021?

Clark should have gone to another club when he had the chance. Would have been the best thing for him IMO.
Hope he gets a shot at Geelong in 2021 but I don't see it happening.
Their best 22 is somewhat unchanged from what it was that made the GF so Clark has got to push someone out.

Clark should have gone to another club when he had the chance. Would have been the best thing for him IMO.
Hope he gets a shot at Geelong in 2021 but I don't see it happening.
Their best 22 is somewhat unchanged from what it was that made the GF so Clark has got to push someone out.

Jordan Clark is Mid only, not a SC Def.

I really WANT to pick Clark (Huge fan of his pre draft and in general) but just can't do it.

Even wanted him last year and he didn't really jump up in 2020. Expected him to be around 90+ and he ended up with 81.7 from 16 games.

Given they decided to give midfield minutes to a spud like Zac Jones, and with the addition of Crouch, i'm presuming he'll be shackled to the HBF again in 2021?

I reckon we can afford to wait and see with Defs like Hunter Clark until it becomes apparent that he's definitely breaking out due to a mid role change we'll still be able to bring him in for 420k-450k. Ditto for his team mate, Coffield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny campaigners, aren't ya?

Not as funny as the best Clark ever.

1609809284425.png

CLARK GRISWOLD
($423,900) Def/Mid/Ruc/Fwd

PROS
Has multiple DPP (Always moving around).
Dedicated family man, will do anything to win for them.
Has many fans so will be a popular pick.
CONS
Questionable decision making.
Easily distracted by the pretty ladies sitting near the boundary.
Yet to play a full season due to vacation time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back