List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been made clear our midfield is nowhere near good enough, hard to dump on the defenders or forwards too much when ones swamped and the others starved of quality opportunity.

In all our losses we got spanked in the middle, need to do everything we can to get another 1st rounder this year and take 2 quality mids.
The glaringly obvious was the difference in structures in the middle. Time and again gws were able to get a handball out to a second player and as we converged on him he found..always.. a free player running from the contest and off they went. Its important going forward for the coaches to set up to break this down to limit the opposition spread. Hard work i know and fitness may be the issue with the kids but it can be worked on

This Crows team might smell a bit like that 2019 Suns team. I wouldn't be the worse thing to not win another game, Priority pick for a basket case team(If that happens). I'm a guessing but you would think the Crows draft board would have Horne at 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. Has eDPS made a mock draft yet?

theres absolutely no way in hell we are trading out mcasey now we have just re-signed him unless something goes horribly wrong for him (family tragedy type wrong) and he requests a trade on compassionate grounds..
Why not? The fact that he is now contracted gives him a little bit of value that he otherwise lacked.

We're set to finish bottom 4 and get a very good pick.

Plenty of talent outside of Horne will be available
We'll finish 3rd bottom I reckon.

We should beat Collingwood and North and maybe one other upset win.

Gives us 6 wins, 24 points. Should be comfortably 3rd bottom.

We'll finish 3rd bottom I reckon.

We should beat Collingwood and North and maybe one other upset win.

Gives us 6 wins, 24 points. Should be comfortably 3rd bottom.

I see us finishing with 7-8 wins. I think we beat all of Collingwood, Hawthorn and North at home, with the other two possibilities being our Carlton and Essendon games

I see us finishing with 7-8 wins. I think we beat all of Collingwood, Hawthorn and North at home, with the other two possibilities being our Carlton and Essendon games
I can see see the Bombers touching us up. Too fast around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had our chance and chose Brouch...
Jaeger O'Meara and Brad Crouch would have gone 1 & 2 if they went in the next year's draft.

Both lads careers have been cruelled with injuries.

Jaeger O'Meara and Brad Crouch would have gone 1 & 2 if they went in the next year's draft.

Both lads careers have been cruelled with injuries.
Both mini drafts players cruelled by injury or failed to live up to hype

Jesse Hogan
Jack Martin
Jaegar O’Meara
Brad Crouch

Would the club look to trade out next year's first rounder and try and get another one this year?

We're going to use that pick anyway, why not bring it forward? Would think we'll get a pretty early pick this year for it.

I think you'd only do that if you were pretty certain you were going to jump up the ladder in a big way. Of course, it's worth noting how easily a deal like that can backfire, i.e. Carlton giving us pick 5 for Stocker.

Personally, I'd rather us hold onto our 2022 first for dear life at the moment, and play it where it lays then. Gives us coverage if we're still bottom 4-5, and can be used to bring over a player if we think we're ready (and of course, there is another outstanding SA prospect, seeing it's the Will Verrall draft).

Last edited:
I think you'd only do that if you were pretty certain you were going to jump up the ladder in a big way. Of course, it's worth noting how easily a deal like that can backfire, i.e. Carlton giving us pick 5 for Stocker.

Personally, I'd rather us hold onto our 2022 first for dear life at the moment, and play it where it lays then. Gives us coverage if we're still bottom 4-5, and can be used to bring over a player if we think we're ready (and of course, there is another outstanding SA prospect, seeing it's the Will Verrall draft).

Sorry, I should have explained better. I'm talking more like getting a top 10 pick this year, not a pick 19.

Sorry, I should have explained better. I'm talking more like getting a top 10 pick this year, not a pick 19.

I'm just using Stocker as an example of how a move like that can backfire and badly if you're not moving up the table.

Even with a top 10 pick, we could be easily giving up, lets say pick 3 (2022) + something (noting we're the desperate one in this deal) for something like pick 7. You'd have to be damn sure we'd bounce into top 8 (or close to) to even consider a future trade in our position.

I'm just using Stocker as an example of how a move like that can backfire and badly if you're not moving up the table.

Even with a top 10 pick, we could be easily giving up, lets say pick 3 (2022) + something (noting we're the desperate one in this deal) for something like pick 7. You'd have to be damn sure we'd bounce into top 8 (or close to) to even consider a future trade in our position.

If there was a high quality mid still available this year inside the top 10 then I'd be happy to do a Stocker deal.

We desperately need high quality mids. If we draft 2 x top 10 mids this year on top of the KPP spine we already have, that's a great next step.

We've kicked the can down the road a little, draft wise. We've done well out of it, so no complaints there.

Maybe the time is right to switch it up and get that extra high quality mid in now.

If there was a high quality mid still available this year inside the top 10 then I'd be happy to do a Stocker deal.

We desperately need high quality mids. If we draft 2 x top 10 mids this year on top of the KPP spine we already have, that's a great next step.

We've kicked the can down the road a little, draft wise. We've done well out of it, so no complaints there.

Maybe the time is right to switch it up and get that extra high quality mid in now.
Its chrystal ball gazing but if we get say pick 3 this year and grab best available mid, lets say we get to pick 9 and roberts just for example is on the board. Would a club bet on us being a bottom 6 side next year and be prepared to do a pick swap for that pick and say their 2022 2nd for our 2021 1st so we take roberts this year to get those 2 x top 10 mids?.

Not saying we should do it but it certainly would be a topic for discussion if tge powers to be really valued getting in that extra top end kid this year

I honestly think there's a good chance we finish 17th. We've shown no signs of halting our form slide since round 1 and every team below us (apart from North) are probably better than us currently.

Pick 2 (3) is likely so hopefully some midfielders outside of Horne really step it up. There doesn't seem to be a high end tall like last year that North would be tempted to take either.

I honestly think there's a good chance we finish 17th. We've shown no signs of halting our form slide since round 1 and every team below us (apart from North) are probably better than us currently.

Pick 2 (3) is likely so hopefully some midfielders outside of Horne really step it up. There doesn't seem to be a high end tall like last year that North would be tempted to take either.
North might take the Victorian though anyway for fear of go home factor. They will need whoever they draft to go on and be a star for them and stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back