List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I've saw him live a couple of times and was impressed by his mobility, anyone know if he is any chance?
Rookie option at best
He has a 50% chance to be drafted

Oakleigh Chargers talent manager:
Due to Darcy’s height and size, he’s expected to take longer than Daicos to make his AFL debut, but Bond said the Dogs were drafting a player that could excel as both a key forward and defender.

“We’ve had Sam Darcy since he was a 14-year-old and just watching him grow and develop, I remember a couple of years ago he took a game apart but he was a very skinny young man,” he said.

“This year during pre-season, I accidently stepped out in front of him while he was running laps and he nearly knocked me over the fence, by that stage he is filling out and is going to caught some havoc.

“The beauty of Sam is he can play both ends, if the Bulldogs are lucky to get him they certainly have a really talented tall player on their hands.

“He’ll take a bit of time to develop, but he really has a high ceiling. He’s a lovely kid, has a high work rate and a bright future.”

Oakleigh Chargers talent manager:
Due to Darcy’s height and size, he’s expected to take longer than Daicos to make his AFL debut, but Bond said the Dogs were drafting a player that could excel as both a key forward and defender.

“We’ve had Sam Darcy since he was a 14-year-old and just watching him grow and develop, I remember a couple of years ago he took a game apart but he was a very skinny young man,” he said.

“This year during pre-season, I accidently stepped out in front of him while he was running laps and he nearly knocked me over the fence, by that stage he is filling out and is going to caught some havoc.

“The beauty of Sam is he can play both ends, if the Bulldogs are lucky to get him they certainly have a really talented tall player on their hands.

“He’ll take a bit of time to develop, but he really has a high ceiling. He’s a lovely kid, has a high work rate and a bright future.”

Seriously excited about Darcy, not just the fact that he is a talented player, but he is third generation Bulldog, let that sink in for a minute. How many other third generation players are out there, the Silvani’s, I think Hawks had one in Kennedy, not many. True Bulldog heritage, be proud people.

How tall is Bailey van der Heuvel? Wasn’t he originally a cricketer? Saw him on VFL game take 10 marks - many contested in defence.

What about Jesse McCasker? Was playing a bit of ruck even with Sweet in the team - a bit of mongrel but at first glance didn’t look that mobile? Maybe too small at 198cm?

How tall is Bailey van der Heuvel? Wasn’t he originally a cricketer? Saw him on VFL game take 10 marks - many contested in defence.

What about Jesse McCasker? Was playing a bit of ruck even with Sweet in the team - a bit of mongrel but at first glance didn’t look that mobile? Maybe too small at 198cm?
We usually take one Footscray player. I only watched van der heuval once after he was bigged up on here and was terrible. I assume it was a one off and not a fair reflection.

Van De Heuvel is 202 cm and 98 kg
His positioning is solid can take a good mark, mobility is pretty good without being outstanding. Got enough size to stand the monster forwards, he is worth a rookie shot.
Feel like he is a player that could really come on being in a full time environment. To hone his defensive craft and hone his athleticism to its sharpest edge. Could be a solid role player with further development, particularly considering their isn't a lot of KPD options in the draft

Has Mia made her selection yet?

Tough choice for her this season without the combined draft camp to make her selection, does she go for the guy with 2 dads that is odds on for first pick but being at Noorf may drag her Instagram likes down due to lack of visibility of him. If she goes for Daicos she could pick up the Collingwood and multicultural support in Instagram likes but the Collingwood supporters wouldn't take nicely to her when she dumps him at the end of the season for next years #1 pick. Very hard selection for her this year.

Tough choice for her this season without the combined draft camp to make her selection, does she go for the guy with 2 dads that is odds on for first pick but being at Noorf may drag her Instagram likes down due to lack of visibility of him. If she goes for Daicos she could pick up the Collingwood and multicultural support in Instagram likes but the Collingwood supporters wouldn't take nicely to her when she dumps him at the end of the season for next years #1 pick. Very hard selection for her this year.

Think about it. Of course, she will go for the high draft pick whose Dad is an establishment AFL TV commentary star. We get her back again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think about it. Of course, she will go for the high draft pick whose Dad is an establishment AFL TV commentary star. We get her back again.

Could be but I think the multicultural or indigenous aspect of her section this season would get more "likes" for her on Instagram which is where the money is, plus there might be a celeb ego clash between the TV "star" fathers. Also think she might be as welcome as Stringer around the club at the moment.

Just finished up the BF phantom for those who want to have a look

From the Hun:
Western Bulldogs
Draft picks: 23, 43, 44, 45, 52, 93
List needs: Key defender, ruckman
Who could be available at first pick: Sam Darcy
In the mix after that: Charlie Dean, Sam Skinner, Cody Raak, Ewan Macpherson, Jack Avery, Hugh Stagg
It’s all about Darcy for the Bulldogs and rightly so. The son of club great Luke moves incredibly well for a 204cm big man, but what he can do in the air is even more impressive – at either end, too. With pick 23 set to be eaten up by the Darcy bid, rival clubs are aware the Bulldogs would be open to trading it, in order to strengthen its hand at the back-end this year, or next. The VFL’s Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medallist, Dean, could fill an immediate need in defence late in the draft, as could Skinner, with the former Lion starring as an intercept defender for South Adelaide in the SANFL this year. Perth’s Jack Avery was overlooked in last year’s draft but he’s another prospect capable of having instant impact across half-back, following a standout season in the WAFL. Raak (NGA) and Macpherson (father-son) were also overlooked by the Bulldogs in 2020 but trained with the club in January.

Im hoping matty roberts is our guy, somehow the darcy bid is later than expected then we trade 23 out then back in to 9ick hin up, woll be the steal of the draft

He's super skinny and possibly less-developed than Marra this time last year. If he even debuts next year it's bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back