Position 2021 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Such an even upcoming Season for Mids .....what impact does Treloar have on our SP Macrae? ......does a 2nd year player in Rowell, with a shoulder reco, continue his 6 game streak ....or does he do what most 2nd year players do & struggle

Does Brad Crouch impact Steele's scoring

New Season, time to post thoughts

How will Matt Crouch go without Brad? Is Hately going to go bang or maybe Caldwell

Fyfe Wines Taranto all offer value but can you go them

How will Matt Crouch go without Brad? Is Hately going to go bang or maybe Caldwell

Fyfe Wines Taranto all offer value but can you go them
More a case of Matt changing his gamestyle to suit Nicks .....he was dropped last season for not changing, crabbing sideways, and 1mtr handballs which did nothing but get teammates into trouble

Came back after being dropped, moving the ball fwds more, kicking more, and tackling strongly .....his scoring reflected the changes

Fyfe IMO is in my side ....particularly if he rests fwd more ...can see him kicking 2-3 goals a match

More a case of Matt changing his gamestyle to suit Nicks .....he was dropped last season for not changing, crabbing sideways, and 1mtr handballs which did nothing but get teammates into trouble

Came back after being dropped, moving the ball fwds more, kicking more, and tackling strongly .....his scoring reflected the changes

Fyfe IMO is in my side ....particularly if he rests fwd more ...can see him kicking 2-3 goals a match
I have Fyfe Crouch Mitchell then Wines

Crouch did seem to go nuts in the second half of the year that would explain why

Very bullish on Taranto to bounce back from an injury interrupted year and also benefit from the return to 20 minute quarters. Can get back to that 110+ average and he’s a bargain if he does.

Also keen on Gaff to be one of the major beneficiaries of the reduced interchanges. Runs all day and with the quarters back to 20 minutes and other players tiring I fancy he’ll be picking up plenty of cheap +6s in red time.

Treloar is in my side at the moment; can’t see him playing anywhere except pure mid and he should rack up plenty of points in a high fantasy scoring doggies side. Is value on what he’s done before and will be a long way down the tag order. Probably does affect Macrae and Dunkley’s midfield minutes though so wouldn’t be touching either of those.

Keen on keeping a close eye on Sam Walsh over the PS. Could be a riser and push that 110 ave I think. Always been a ball magnet, coming into his third season and extra support around him now at the Blues could see him really break out.

My Current big 3 are...
Adams - Priced @ 114 but with Treloar going out I think he will keep that up and be a C option
Titch - Priced @ 107 but I think he was still recovering last year and will go around 110-115 avg. At his price with his ability to go huge, he's a no brainer
Taranto - Priced @ 94 and should be one of the most popular picks this year. Even if he has an ok year he should be 10 points under, Also has a pretty good early fixture

Gaff, MCrouch and Oliver also of interest but in all honesty there really isn't that many premo mids I'm interested in

My Current big 3 are...
Adams - Priced @ 114 but with Treloar going out I think he will keep that up and be a C option
Titch - Priced @ 107 but I think he was still recovering last year and will go around 110-115 avg. At his price with his ability to go huge, he's a no brainer
Taranto - Priced @ 94 and should be one of the most popular picks this year. Even if he has an ok year he should be 10 points under, Also has a pretty good early fixture

Gaff, MCrouch and Oliver also of interest but in all honesty there really isn't that many premo mids I'm interested in
Can't interest you in an out of contract Merret playing for a godfather contract?

Can't interest you in an out of contract Merret playing for a godfather contract?
Already priced @ 115 and with Essendon still sorting itself out I can't see him going higher than that.
On his contract, my bet is he is out at years end anyways so will might be care a bit less.

Also not as keen on his early draw. Saints, Port and Sydney at the SCG might prove tough.

At a bit cheaper I think Gaff is a far better option

Already priced @ 115 and with Essendon still sorting itself out I can't see him going higher than that.
On his contract, my bet is he is out at years end anyways so will might be care a bit less.

Also not as keen on his early draw. Saints, Port and Sydney at the SCG might prove tough.

At a bit cheaper I think Gaff is a far better option
My bad i thought I saw him priced at 105 he'll be an upgrade target then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't really see anyone priced higher than Tom Mitchell I'm interested in in the middle. There's a bunch of mid price options I think will work. Plus if they don't we'll have Crouch coming in for round 3 and Yeo (very underpriced) hopefully being fit by round 6 or 7.

I can't really see anyone priced higher than Tom Mitchell I'm interested in in the middle. There's a bunch of mid price options I think will work. Plus if they don't we'll have Crouch coming in for round 3 and Yeo (very underpriced) hopefully being fit by round 6 or 7.
Yeo sounds like he will line up round 1 off no or very little preseason so will probably make a great upgrade

I can't really see anyone priced higher than Tom Mitchell I'm interested in in the middle. There's a bunch of mid price options I think will work.

Yep.

I've never gone full blown mid priced madness before, but what is everyone's thoughts on stacking up in the midfield this year?

I current have Sloane/Rowell/Cunnington and I don't mind it - does the reward outweigh the risk?

I've never gone full blown mid priced madness before, but what is everyone's thoughts on stacking up in the midfield this year?

I current have Sloane/Rowell/Cunnington and I don't mind it - does the reward outweigh the risk?
IMO most of the "limited" Rookie options are going to be midfield classified players ......load up on the DEF

I have 1 true rookie mid
Merrett, Gaff, Mitchell, Hopper
Rowell, Cunnington, Hately, Phillips

Fwd line & Preuss is where I've pulled money from.

It'll all depend on round 1 rookies cos if even 3 rookie mids look ok in pre season and are named round 1 then ideally you want them in your side.

Ive added plenty of mid pricers to my watch list. It'd be pretty easy to have no mid rookies this year if the likes of Cunnington, Heppell, Sloane, Yeo all look good for round 1.

Hawthorn’s Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell admits he’s racing the clock to be fit for round one as he recovers from a shoulder reconstruction.

And he is out of my team

Hawthorn’s Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell admits he’s racing the clock to be fit for round one as he recovers from a shoulder reconstruction.

And he is out of my team
WOW!!! Yeah I don’t like taking under done players in. Especially the premium priced guys who will lose cash if they’re not firing from the start

WOW!!! Yeah I don’t like taking under done players in. Especially the premium priced guys who will lose cash if they’re not firing from the start
I thought 3 months on he is good to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back