2021 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This stat is astonishing. Adelaide Oval has only been in existence since 2014. Obviously we have been playing Port since 1997 with the MCG as our home ground. How is it possible we have already played Port in more home and away games at Adelaide Oval (2014-?) than the MCG (1997-?)? Out of 34 total games only 10 in Melbourne. That's 23 games in Adelaide in 24 years (2 were finals of course).

3.PNG

Pretty good result if you ask me, Two afternoon matches in actual daylight?? AFLs gone mad. 5 games in Melbourne and 4 at the MCG. Plus a rematch with angry mob at Port. I like it.

Haha Essendon playing a game in Geelong (round 16) for the first time since 1993.
To put that in perspective, Fitzroy played a game there more recently!

So we have double ups against 4 of the 5 teams that beat us in 2020 plus Geelong. And away games against Brisbane, Port, West Coast and GWS?

I look forward to this being retrospectively labelled an easy draw.

Anyway, we’ve got a nice first month but then it gets tough until the midway point of the season. If we’re in touch with the 8 after round 10 we’ll power home. Let’s just hope we don’t start slow like usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CCJ back for ANZAC eve 👌🏼

That being said, what are the chances this fixture actually happens?
Most likely a few games involving WA will change I reckon. There will be minor outbreaks, nothing to the scale of Vic's 2nd wave though. They might close borders but leave an exemption in place for the AFL - which is how the season started this year, it took until about 50 cases/day for QLD to revoke it.

unveil late in the season in the home game against pies. blooze dont deserve the honour they are perennial cellar dwellers
Pies already get to watch another team lift the cup once every few years, let the blues have a look. It’s the closest they’ll get for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back