List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Only way the numbers work is if Doc is moved to Long Term Injury List.
Won't work either - LTI's must be moved back to the Senior list for final lodgment of the Primary List.

Only way I can see us taking more than one pick at the draft is if we trade out a player in the next hour (unlikely) or we agree to pay out a player's contract (e.g. Marchy).

Only way I can see us taking more than one pick at the draft is if we trade out a player in the next hour (unlikely) or we agree to pay out a player's contract (e.g. Marchy).

We have 33 on the senior list and need to reach a minimum of 36.

We'll almost certainly be taking 2 with the third to come by way of a rookie elevation. The only way that third isn't an elevation is if there's been a change to the rules that I'm not aware of.

As of today ...

2022 List consists of:-

33 Senior players
5 Category A Rookies (LOB included) (to be recontracted via upcoming NAB AFL Rookie Draft)
1 SSP Rookie
2 MSD Rookies
0 Category A International Rookie
1 Category B International Rookie
0 Category B Rookies

ROOKIES:-
Lochie O'Brien (to be recontracted via upcoming NAB AFL Rookie Draft)
7. Matthew Kennedy
26. Luke Parks
36. Josh Honey
37. Jordan Boyd (MSD Rookie)
Oscar McDonald (SSP Rookie)
Matt Owies (Cat B International Rookie)
Alex Mirkov (MSD Rookie)
Matthew Cottrell

We have 33 on the senior list and need to reach a minimum of 36.

We'll almost certainly be taking 2 with the third to come by way of a rookie elevation. The only way that third isn't an elevation is if there's been a change to the rules that I'm not aware of.
We can't without breaking the list size maximum.

We have 33 + 6 currently contracted (without LOB/Cotts). Plus Owies.
We upgrade one and take 2 draft picks, makes it 36 + 5. Plus Owies. All ok, total 41+1.
But... we've committed to adding back LOB and Cotts to rookie list. Would make it 36 + 7 = 43. Doesn't work.

Either... we only take one draft pick, or we pay out a contracted player (e.g. Marchy).

Won't work either - LTI's must be moved back to the Senior list for final lodgment of the Primary List.

Or take Lob in the Rookie Draft.
Then have Cottrell as a train on and sign on later in the piece.

I can not believe that they'd rather have Cottrell on the list then take a flyer on a raw KPP who has hardly played footy in the last 24 months.

Or take Lob in the Rookie Draft.
Then have Cottrell as a train on and sign on later in the piece.

I can not believe that they'd rather have Cottrell on the list then take a flyer on a raw KPP who has hardly played footy in the last 24 months.
Club announcement:
" The Club has also made a commitment to re-contract Lochie O’Brien and Matthew Cottrell via the upcoming NAB AFL Rookie Draft. "

We have 33 + 6 currently contracted (without LOB/Cotts). Plus Owies.
We upgrade one and take 2 draft picks, makes it 36 + 5. Plus Owies. All ok, total 41+1.
But... we've committed to adding back LOB and Cotts to rookie list. Would make it 36 + 7 = 43. Doesn't work.

Either... we only take one draft pick, or we pay out a contracted player (e.g. Marchy).

I think it's more likely that they re-rookie Cottrell in the Sup period after putting Doc on the Inactive List.

Our second pick (#64) will come in quite a bit. I'd be surprised if we only add a single kid out of the entire 2021 draft pool.

Club announcement:
" The Club has also made a commitment to re-contract Lochie O’Brien and Matthew Cottrell via the upcoming NAB AFL Rookie Draft. "
I know what the quote says.
But there are other more logical ways of getting the same outcome.

This quote is for all of the nuffs on social media who don't understand the different list lodgement periods imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mystic Pom Time! 36 min on list, max Cat A = 6 Max cat B = 2. Current list = 33, 8 rook As 1 Cat B. So I predict Honey, Kennedy Promoted, 1 Pick Used at Draft, Cat B comes in Dom Akeui, Leaves 36 Seniors, 6 A's 2 B's

What are our thoughts esteemed members of the boards

I think it's more likely that they re-rookie Cottrell in the Sup period after putting Doc on the Inactive List.

Our second pick (#64) will come in quite a bit. I'd be surprised if we only add a single kid out of the entire 2021 draft pool.
That would work - but hard to say how they can commit to Cotts ahead of time. Wouldn't be able to take him in the Rookie draft.

Suggests to me we are upgrading 2 rookies (Kennedy and Honey) and only taking 1 live draft pick. Not sure how i feel about that strategy. If that's what we're doing would love to see us trade our 4th pick for a future 4th pick so we've got more to play with next year.
That’s how it looks to me, we have 33 current senior if Obrien is rookied, and with that 8 rookies, so if we upgrade 2 rookies Kennedy, Honey that’s 35 senior and 6 rookies with 1 pick at the ND to take us to 42 total.

Only problem I see is I’m not sure if each rookie upgrade counts as a pick or does it count as only 1 pick for the 2 upgrades, which would mean we would have to take 2 picks in the ND and only upgrade 1 rookie which doesn’t work unless we can have a 35 and 7 senior/rookie split which I don’t think you can.🤪

Suggest we wait and see what transpires. I'm pretty confident we won't be breaking the rules here.

My guess is we've received confirmation that we're able to move someone onto an inactive list. Most likely Docherty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back