2021 MotoGP - Congratulations Remy, Thanks Rossi!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee you'd hate Marquez..... And Doohan.... And Gardner.

Miller rarely crashes these days.
If I had to split hairs, I would not put Marquez at the very top few riders in MotoGP history even though his record commands it. It's because of crashing.

Gardner? Well, I never viewed him as a crasher. I saw the last few years where he was off missing through injuries or being affected by them. I've looked up his wiki page, and there's a fair few "NC", but sometimes when I'd click on the race report, I'd see that he'd had a mechanical failure.

I can remember a number of times of Doohan falling off, but I never view him as a crasher.

Miller gives me the shits like Bayliss's second spell in WSBK, where I'd think it happened unnecessarily.

If I had to split hairs, I would not put Marquez at the very top few riders in MotoGP history even though his record commands it. It's because of crashing.

Gardner? Well, I never viewed him as a crasher. I saw the last few years where he was off missing through injuries or being affected by them. I've looked up his wiki page, and there's a fair few "NC", but sometimes when I'd click on the race report, I'd see that he'd had a mechanical failure.

I can remember a number of times of Doohan falling off, but I never view him as a crasher.

Miller gives me the shits like Bayliss's second spell in WSBK, where I'd think it happened unnecessarily.
The first point is enough for me, I've not read anything quite that wrong on here for a while.

And again, Miller doesn't crash that much these days

Probably hasn't made the most of the ride after a great start.

Like with Dovi, last year was a great opportunity to pick off a MotoGP title.

I really like the move.

Whilst it has always been clear he's quick, he's not once been a title contender at Yamaha in the 5 years he's been there and for the most part, he's complained of the same problems the entire time that they've not been able to overcome. It's a good time to cut the cord.

And I love this for Aprilia, after getting rejected by even mid-pack Moto2 runners last year, they've landed a proven race winner. A happy Mav is a fast Mav and I think he will ascend to become the unofficial number 1 there quickly and they can develop the bike for him (especially as they still have development concessions). I think the bike is now being held back by Aleix who I think has hit his performance ceiling. Vinales in the more relaxed, less pressurised environment at Aprilia, I think, can really excel.

First impressions are a bitch to shake.

Whilst Miller still crashes too much to contend for a title, he's not what you'd describe as a crasher in the sense you would the likes of Checa or Crutchlow.
Certainly his first couple of years in the top class deserve the crasher reputation with 7 crashes followed by another 4. Since then though, he's generally only a twice a year crasher.
2015 - 7
2016 - 4
2017 - 3 - one crash was knocked over by Bautista
2018 - 3 - one crash was Valencia, caught out by a mid-race downpour. He was one of 8 to go down
2019 - 3
2020 - 2 - one crash was torpedoed by Brad Binder doing his best impression of his younger brother
2021 - 2

So since his first couple of years, he's really only crashed twice a year of his own doing.

Marquez is technically a crasher, leading the crashing list for years on end but saving it all for practice sessions finding the limit. It means his career won't likely be super long but in races he really rarely crashes.
2013 - 1
2014 - 1
2015 - 6 -two crashes were collisions with Rossi - Argentina where it can be argued Rossi swerved and took Marc's front wheel and the infamous Malaysian Grand Prix
2016 - 1
2017 - 2
2018 - 1 - only crash was Valencia, caught out by a mid-race downpour. He was one of 8 to go down
2019 - 1

So aside from the anomaly of 2015 where he admitted overstepped trying to win every round even when he didn't have the pace, he really only crashes very occasionally.

Gardner wasn't really a crasher, more just wild and when he did crash, he crashed big.

Doohan wasn't a crasher, he just had a nasty habit of breaking when he did. In 1997, Doohan had only two crashes for the whole season, both in the last round at Phillip Island - once in practice and the last one out of a commanding lead in the race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is f’ed. That FIM CEV Repsol series is scheduled to be on the Edge channel on Fetch. They've got BMX racing on now, and before that some crap MotoX from America I think?

BS.

Bugger.

The only saving grace is Jett Lawrence - 17 year old Aussie - is set to be the next big thing in American MX/SX.

15 year old Aussie, Harrison Voight, carried away in the ambulance. ☹️ Hopefully nothing serious.

Doesn't look like Billy van Eerde racing that I can see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back