2021 Tour de France

Remove this Banner Ad

This was quite interesting:

"The bulk of the Lotto Soudal squad is devoted to Ewan’s lead-out train, with Roger Kluge, Jasper De Buyst, Tosh Van Der Sande and Harry Sweeny featuring.
Gilbert, De Gendt and Brent Van Moer will have the freedom to chase stage honours elsewhere during the race. "

inb4 Ewan withdraws from TdF after stage 6 or 7 (to avoid the mountains) if he's won a stage, much like he did at the Giro
I'm pretty sure he'll ride this one out because of the spread of flat stages throughout, and he'll only get the early stages of the Vuelta
However, the last time they [Sky/Ineos] won a stage race with Roglič in the peloton was the 2018 Tour de France, and they have never won a stage race with Tadej Pogačar on the start line.

What's the Slovene word for 'bunny'?
Zajček

Gday,

Anyone like having a wager on the KOM?

Martin has been backed solidly.
I think the profile suits a non GC contender?
Will have a small amount on Fuglsang who has a license to roam this year.
I put a little wager on Gaudu. The TT should keep him out of the GC contention

Here are my predictions.

Pog will crash
Rog will crash
Porte will work for GT
GT will crash
Ala will take the early lead
Carapaz will surpass him in the mountains but Ala won't lose too much time with demon descents
Uran will sneak onto the podium
Ala will win on the last TT passing Carapaz and win le tour!

Here are my predictions.

Pog will crash
Rog will crash
Porte will work for GT
GT will crash
Ala will take the early lead
Carapaz will surpass him in the mountains but Ala won't lose too much time with demon descents
Uran will sneak onto the podium
Ala will win on the last TT passing Carapaz and win le tour!

Quoted for posterity, we'll see how this post ages... :)

01 map.jpg
01 profile.jpg
In a post card type scenery, going through Locronan and Quimper, this first day will offer no respite. The never ending accelerations due to the frequent changes in direction, the windy parts in the Monts d'Arrée and a finish at the top of 3-km hill at an average 5.7% (includingparts at 14%) will crown one hell of a puncher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ineos team structure won't work. Porte and G can't descend well enough to help anyone. Carapaz will lose it in the TT's. Slovenians would have to abandon for anybody else to win. I hope Haig can get a podium, his problem will be the TT's, but he can descend. I think Roglic will have his revenge.

I’m calling it now that he won’t defend the title…
And by Roglic I meant Pogacar haha. I hope Pogacar wins and defends. But I agree I’m not sure he will. There’s probably no reason to dislike Roglic, I just don’t want him to win. JV team so dominant though, will give him every chance.

And by Roglic I meant Pogacar haha. I hope Pogacar wins and defends. But I agree I’m not sure he will. There’s probably no reason to dislike Roglic, I just don’t want him to win. JV team so dominant though, will give him every chance.

Is Carapaz any chance? He is a fav of mine.

Anyone know if SBS is running a "clean" stream this year? By that, I mean one which isn't constantly being interrupted by ads, plat du tour, drop-in segments (interviews, history of the race, etc.), or anything involving Mike Tomolaris and assorted hangers on.

They had one last year, but with SBS having killed Cycling Central, I'm worried that they'll only have the "dirty" stream this year.

Anyone know if SBS is running a "clean" stream this year? By that, I mean one which isn't constantly being interrupted by ads, plat du tour, drop-in segments (interviews, history of the race, etc.), or anything involving Mike Tomolaris and assorted hangers on.

They had one last year, but with SBS having killed Cycling Central, I'm worried that they'll only have the "dirty" stream this year.
Let's hope so. If I see Gabriel Gate im going to lose it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back