Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

P_Crippy

Club Legend
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just curious as to who everyone thinks is leading the B & F at the moment.
I have it between 5 players but have "others" as an option if you think otherwise.

Does anyone know how our BnF is scored?

Four coaches (senior coach and three line coaches) have the opportunity to vote for as many players as they feel warrant a vote for each game on the following scale:

4 votes – outstanding performance
3 votes – excellent performance
2 votes – above expectation performance
1 vote – expected performance (trademark game)

A player therefore can receive a maximum of four votes from four coaches giving a maximum of 16 possible votes each round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree re the top 3, Crippa will be top 5 though. I have a feeling Fish might finish high also (top 10), that's my smokey.

Curnow is a funny one. He will likely win the Coleman which is quite a feat seeing what he has been through. But he had the type of year where he might not even finish top 5 in the BnF. As good as he has been I still think he has more improvement to go which is amazing to think considering he will finish the year with 70+ goals.

Curnow is a funny one. He will likely win the Coleman which is quite a feat seeing what he has been through. But he had the type of year where he might not even finish top 5 in the BnF. As good as he has been I still think he has more improvement to go which is amazing to think considering he will finish the year with 70+ goals.

Key forwards rarely win b&f's as the voting system usually rewards consistency which is harder as a key forward. Buddy has only got 1, Hawkins none, Josh Kennedy none, Jack reiwoldt 1 or none.

Walsh or Cripps will win it.

I suspect Adam Saad, Jack Silvagni, George Hewett, and Matt Kennedy to poll super well as well.

Docherty, Curnow, and a few others to be recognized as having had fantastic seasons but not necessarily polling outstandingly.

I'll suggest that Lewis Young is the one who surprises and finishes top ten.

Four coaches (senior coach and three line coaches) have the opportunity to vote for as many players as they feel warrant a vote for each game on the following scale:

4 votes – outstanding performance
3 votes – excellent performance
2 votes – above expectation performance
1 vote – expected performance (trademark game)

A player therefore can receive a maximum of four votes from four coaches giving a maximum of 16 possible votes each round.

Had a crack at it using that with the players who are expected to poll well. My top 6 at this stage ended up being.

1. Walsh - 46 Votes
2. Docherty - 42 Votes
3. Curnow - 42 Votes
4. Cripps - 39 Votes
5. Saad - 34 Votes
6. Hewett - 31 Votes

Was about what you would expect. Walsh and Docherty both super consistent and polling nearly every game but Walsh with more standout performances. Cripps strong early and heaps of outstanding games but also a fair few games where he doesn't poll at all. Saad consistent but not as many standout games as others. Hewett strong early and also consistent but drops off after the bye. Curnow surprisingly consistent for a key forward. Polled more then I would have thought.

Back