Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
OK .....some teams out of the Finals now ....so the focus turns to 2022 and glory aspirations

Will Gawndy still dominate R1 & R2 ......or do we look at King Kong Darcy ?

IMO Comben :padlock: for R3

There's a new set of elite midfielders ......can the trusted & true rebound, or will we be paying big bucks for Steele, Touk Touk, and Walsh .......IMO Macrae is :padlock: .....Steele :padlock: .......Dunkley :padlock: .....Whitfield :padlock:

Sicily ?

* planning !! It was completely useless this year... Next year I'm just chucking a whole heap of s**t together at the last minute....

Can't be worse than the dumpster fire of this year....

I know one thing, Simpkin will be one of my first picked in the midfield. The guy does it all… gets the ball on the inside and outside, marks and tackles. He’s going to come in at a hefty discount after playing the first half of the season out of the midfield rotations which has kept his overall average nice and low at around 96 despite having a post-bye average (albeit the season isn’t over yet) of a whopping 112.

Usually the sort of pick that I would try to keep quiet but there’s no point; that sort of run home doesn’t go unnoticed no matter how hard you try. Think he’ll be pretty popular.

All injury-discount team for next year:

DEF Sicily Hurley Howe Milera Day H. Young (he can ruin my year for the 3rd time in a row)

MID M. Crouch Duncan Coniglio J. Anderson Shiel McGrath Duursma J. Berry

RUC Witts Naismith

FWD W. Rioli C. Curnow Caldwell McLean Rayner Butters

Will Gawndy still dominate R1 & R2 ......or do we look at King Kong Darcy ?

Great question. I’ve loved owning Darcy and watching him break out this year. If his body looks in good shape (IF!!) then he’ll possibly knock Gawn out of my starting side given the development of Jackson can only keep making things worse for Max’s scoring.

Marshall is another one to look at if Ryder was to retire or pick up an injury in the pre season but he will likely still be RUC/FWD so might be better utilised in the forward line

All injury-discount team for next year:

DEF Sicily Hurley Howe Milera Day H. Young (he can ruin my year for the 3rd time in a row)

MID M. Crouch Duncan Coniglio J. Anderson Shiel McGrath Duursma J. Berry

RUC Witts Naismith

FWD W. Rioli C. Curnow Caldwell McLean Rayner Butters
add Preuss in there too.

After copping at least one forced trade pretty much evey round, next year I think I am just going to look at players who can just stay on the park....

I know one thing, Simpkin will be one of my first picked in the midfield. The guy does it all… gets the ball on the inside and outside, marks and tackles. He’s going to come in at a hefty discount after playing the first half of the season out of the midfield rotations which has kept his overall average nice and low at around 96 despite having a post-bye average (albeit the season isn’t over yet) of a whopping 112.

Usually the sort of pick that I would try to keep quiet but there’s no point; that sort of run home doesn’t go unnoticed no matter how hard you try. Think he’ll be pretty popular.
Will Anderson affect him at all? Will be good to monitor over the next few games of the season I think.

High on my list is both him and Anderson. Anderson's PPM last year was the highest of any player and he's coming in at a significant discount this year.... both are tempting I guess

Last edited:
Will Anderson affect him at all? Will be good to monitor over the next few games of the season I think.

High on my list is both him and Anderson. Anderson's PPM last year were the highest of any player and he's coming in at a significant discount this year.... both are tempting I guess

Fair question, will definitely be interesting to monitor both and see how they go. *Hopefully* it affects somebody like an ageing Cunnington more as he receives less rotations with those two guys in there instead. Time will tell I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After copping at least one forced trade pretty much evey round, next year I think I am just going to look at players who can just stay on the park....

Great call. I promised myself I would do that this year but ended up STILL falling for the hype and fomo and picking guys like Danger and Whit knowing full well they would both miss games at some point

Braydon Preuss says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back