Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
ALL Football have their origins in the British Isles, and i mean ALL
Cricket is an English game, and if it wasn't for Cricket there wouldn't be Australian football

Well...
There's plenty of evidence of foot and ball games played outside of the British Isles.
Indeed, our very own indigenous people played a game called Woggaballiri.
Lowy's bid to host the 2022 World Cup had a description of the game upfront in the bid documentation, suggesting that Australians were playing a form of football up to 60,000 years ago.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
There are some absolute b.s crowd figures going around at the moment in some sports.
And the GWS crowd just so happened to be above 7k................

You have no evidence, and I have no evidence for bogus crowd claims. It's just a guessing game that goes around in circles.

The Educator

All Australian
Jan 23, 2023
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There are some absolute b.s crowd figures going around at the moment in some sports.

That's the thing, all these sad league and soccer fans responding to the austadiums tweet questioning the Giants and Suns crowd numbers but just about every A League crowd and most NRL crowds are massively inflated

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
They've posted sub 5k crowds before, why would they suddenly lie about now?

I know it look bad but there was a few people in the shade, and specifically on the camera side.

It happens to a lot of Melbourne games cos the Cameras always on the MCC side (where a large chunk of our fans are) and we absolutely cop it.

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
That's the thing, all these sad league and soccer fans responding to the austadiums tweet questioning the Giants and Suns crowd numbers but just about every A League crowd and most NRL crowds are massively inflated

The gold coast titans game yesterday, stadium was pretty much empty, crowd came out at like 14k? I had to laugh when I saw that, added at least 5k on it.

Agree giants crowds are probably inflated, I thought one side of the ground (non camera side) and the top levels were reasonably filled today though.

The Educator

All Australian
Jan 23, 2023
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The gold coast titans game yesterday, stadium was pretty much empty, crowd came out at like 14k? I had to laugh when I saw that, added at least 5k on it.

Agree giants crowds are probably inflated, I thought one side of the ground (non camera side) and the top levels were reasonably filled today though.

Yeah I watched a bit of that game too and then was surprised / not-surprised about the announced crowd

I also watched a bit of the eels v sharks last friday and was thinking "there's nobody there" and then the saw the crowd later announced at 16,663. There is no way there is more than half that....

...and this is the last wanderers game announced at 9,899....

How do people who think that these crowd counts are legit get off obsessing over Giants crowd inflations? There are easily more giants fans today than that wanderers game

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
and lets move it along champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back