Preview 2022 Rd 5 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sunday 17th 1.40PM @ MCG - Team changes post #803

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably first time in VFL/AFL history three Lachie/Lochie's been dropped from the same club let alone across all clubs in the one round!
There were 4 Darcy’s running around in the Brisbane v Collingwood game too - the most in a single game in league history.

With all the draft picks and compensation picks we have had since 2012 - --12 off our starting side are players traded in -- Amazing how much money and time get put into drafting and development for that result ..

Compensation picks? The club received nothing for Waite as a departing free agent, and the AFL changed its own rules to not give draft assistance after a two win season in 2018

Last edited:

With all the draft picks and compensation picks we have had since 2012 - --12 off our starting side are players traded in -- Amazing how much money and time get put into drafting and development for that result ..
Agree, but we aren’t renowned for developing players though. That probably has something to do with it I’d say.

Compensation picks? The club received nothing for Waite as a departing free agent, and the AFL changed its own rules to not give draft assistance after a two win season in 2018
We give away Kruger and motlop to trade n players .. yes I forgot Waite left for free .. AFL has give a couple nice backhanders over the journey

Need half backs to drive and show some creativity. Saad was great last week and Williams was also good but want to see him use that penetrating kick more to slice opponents zones up. They both offer two different kicking options which can really frustrate defensive set up for other sides.

Time to give our forwards the delivery they deserve when they work hard for space, look at the first half against the Dogs or Hawks - we will tear sides apart if we play our natural style. Even better, dominate stoppages and centre bounces - big BIG importance to bounce back in that area tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So over these Sunday games
go live interstate and see what it's like before bleating about when you get to watch your club play live 15+ times a season.......

I guess my expectation is that those in the industry, and especially coaches, should already have a pretty good idea of what they're getting from each player, but in any case, not much harm done so I take your point that it may have been worth the gamble.

My frustration is with the BF crew who defend players like LOB on an almost weekly basis through either bias or ignorance - probably a combination of both - when the reality seems so obvious.. Anyway, bigger and more important problems in the world right now.

Am curious, what reality do you live in? You’ve given the kid a good wack and dismissed a different position as bias.

A counter argument for LoB - he’s still only 22, 2 years of his development were under a coach that the club sacked, partly due to his lack of development skills (if you read the summary report). LoB’s played all games this year and has actually done okay. This year he’s averaging almost 20 possessions a game at good efficiency.

Yep, I’m not saying he’s a walk up start (he’s not), and he’s got work to do, but at his age there’s a lot to work with. For mine, he’s got some elite skills but lacks confidence and could do with a little more muscle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it was more about setting a standard of what we will accept and also showing that if you perform in the 2s you will get rewarded.

Not so much about the individual names. Just setting the precedent of what's expected and what will be rewarded.

Water finds its level. Wishing cotters and newnes the best, but they might make way in the coming weeks when Cripps, Stocker, Motlop, Philp and Honey come in

I think it was more about setting a standard of what we will accept and also showing that if you perform in the 2s you will get rewarded.

Not so much about the individual names. Just setting the precedent of what's expected and what will be rewarded.

Water finds its level. Wishing cotters and newnes the best, but they might make way in the coming weeks when Cripps, Stocker, Motlop, Philp and Honey come in
Not sold on Philp yet but the other four should stroll into the team one would hope …

Yep, I agree. It's been pretty obvious for a few years. I honestly don't see what others see in LOB. Probs the luckiest player to remain on an AFL list. It's crazy how some ppl still rate him. I must be watching a different game to them. He has zero presence, not a great mark, one of the worst one on one players I've ever seen, no mungrel, bad disposal when under some duress. Positives are ,he has a nice left , when given some time and has good endurance. Still looks like a boy playing a man's game.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think LOB is necessarily going to make it but I have definitely defended him in the past when he's had a good performance and people still call for him to be dropped.

I love it when I can see the club sticking with a young player and trying to develop him. In the past LOB had 1 game, didn't set the world on fire then was dropped. That is not developing a player and everyone agrees our club has been terrible at it for ages yet call for blokes heads at the earliest opportunity.

He's a light running outside player. His job is to outrun his opponent. So it also annoys me when people call for him to be dropped because he's "soft". I mean could you get a more basic idiotic analysis of a player than that?

Having said all that LOB had a good block of games now. He made some pretty basic mistakes again last week and it was a good call to drop him. Nobody can say he wasn't given every opportunity and that's all you could ask for.

the year we had a priority pick and it got pushed back to after the first round near did my head in............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back