Preview 2022 Rd 5 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sunday 17th 1.40PM @ MCG - Team changes post #803

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my mind there is zero chance we put port to the sword! and it doesnt worry me the slightest at this stage.

Of course we'd love it if it happened but the way we are currently tracking (scraped through against hawsk and lost to suns) id be very happy to win with only a small margin.

Our time will come when we are able to smash teams but its not now.

Really hoping Parks can have a good game. Prefer what he brings to the defence compared to Plowman, if he can get his confidence going it will really help our setup.
Really like Parks.
I am still in the 'they might be hacks' with a few in our main team today, but as some have said...give them a chance under a good coaching panel.
I really hope last week was an aberration.
I really hope I spelled aberration right.

Aliir will have to pick an opponant and defend against us. Three tall forwards he will have one. Last time it was an underdone Curnow. He's going to have to mind him a bit more. You deal with attacking defenders by making them defend which we can do. It's also on us to not just butcher the ball going forward which we have the last two weeks.

Aliir will have to pick an opponant and defend against us. Three tall forwards he will have one. Last time it was an underdone Curnow. He's going to have to mind him a bit more. You deal with attacking defenders by making them defend which we can do. It's also on us to not just butcher the ball going forward which we have the last two weeks.

Port will want to free up Aliir, by using Clurey, Jonas and Burton as the closer checking talls.

We need to spread their back 6 rather, so Aliir has to be accountable

Not being a pedant but Cotts destroys Walsh in runs. He has a tank second to no one on our list.
One of Walsh’s key points of difference is his tank. Doubt anyone in the AFL can destroy him in runs. If Cotts has beaten him at something you have seen at training I doubt it would be by a lot

This game has clear similarities with last week against GC. A win really sets up our season. Playing a side that we should defeat and with some confidence of doing so comfortably…but with Carlton I’m never confident!

I guess that’s what 20 years of failure does to you.

We can only hope the switched on and driven Blues’ side turns up and not what was on display last week.

Go Blues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I joined BF I typed my user name wrong. It was meant to be Revenant 1995. Today is a day of resurrection. We have to rise from the dead and become a team like 1995. Do it team, and don't send me to Sheol...

Same, I was supposed to be Blue Heeler. Now I have posters messaging me for medical advice. That bit's not true but I thought it sounded good.

At least I now have the honour of having an enduring thread named after me. :D :D

Our midfield will lift, protecting our defence from damaging entries. Our forward line is potent - it just needs enough supply. Excited for the game. Unsure what we'll produce, which makes it a nervous excitement

Midfield needs to lift from the crud served up last week. Ruckman will help immensely.

We all see it and we all want it...lower the eyes and pass to a forward on the lead and not to a pack. But hardly happens. I’m dumbfounded as to why. This is my single most frustrating aspect of our game. And when the oppo defenders get the hang of it the ball just keep rebounding out and we still continue more with the long bombs.

Sometimes to a pack ok and if our talls don’t mark at least try and deflect to advantage of crumbers. FMD last week at one entry H fisted the ball well away from our small (owies I think) just no ******* awareness.

Owies durdin and Fogarty in particular lower the eyes and spot up a lead. Maybe one or two others but mostly not so much.

You’d expect guys like Fish Martin and wingers to kick to leads more often. All capable.
What you fail to realise is that they don't actually do this. just by nature of these fellas being vertically challenged, their eyes are automatically lower than everyone else's so in fact they are not being instructed to lower their eyes, its just physically impossible for them to raise their eyes any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back