Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to hear from training watchers what Erasmus’ field kicking has been like ...?
Anyone have any comment to make about his delivery by foot in game situations?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DMan, based on my inherent bias from being his buddy, I can tell you every kick Neil does is perfectly weighted. He also releases the ball fluently to his foot, kicks goals with precision and always makes the right decision. He may be a robot he is that good.

That’s just my understanding.

So, I went down to Rusty's Markets and bought a tray of mangoes, and under the mangoes was a sheet of paper. It looks like some kind of training notes, so I thought I'd whack them in here. Enjoy...

Training Report

Considering the oppressive heat all week hats off to the club and players putting the hard work in. They cover so much distance and at a good running capacity.

After warm ups came drills and match play.

Today's match play was more open than usual with less emphasis on blanketing the ball carrier and opponents running to position. I give a bit more credit to Brodie who had more influence on the game helping to set up play.

The young indigenous lad George (I may not have his name correct) is a gun. Sign him up now. Has skills as good as any small forward in the AFL, kicks goals with no fear of missing and takes a very strong contested mark. Is he affiliated with Freo in any way because he's a gun.

Our Rucks were Meek and Lobb. Both pushing forward. Our forward line looks thin at the moment for talls with Amiss, Tabs and Tracey in modified programs. I would think Tabs and Amiss will be ready for round 1 but underdone.

I'm a massive fan of Young and Chapman. Give them a few years and they will be running off half back with ease. Young has vision and a beautiful kick. He looks built up and strong. They both read the play perfectly along side Ryan and Cox.

Pearce, Wilson and Logue have had uninterrupted pre seasons which bodes well for the back 6 or seven depending how they line up. Hughes has trained well also.

Hamling and Walker have had a cautious approach. Walker joining in everything oher than match sims. Not sure why, he looks fit and strong.

Not sure why they need Clarke in the back line however he hasn't missed a beat.

Fyfe running well and taking overhead marks with no contact. My guess is he will be ready for the practice match prior to the season opener, same with Mundy who is running strongly.

Out of the new recruits Erasmus has impressed me the most, however, today Johnson looks equally as good. He seems to play more outside than Erasmus. Both understand the game well.

West Aus is the best country in the world.

Peace
Jedi Mind Tricks aka Lord G.O.A.T
You're a Goretex and Non Phixion fan? Sweeeet! Me too!

And here we have the mythical Valente.

View attachment 1314296

So he does exist and was at training today!
Maybe it’s time to stop setting him up for midfield?
Waterman type of player, the one at the Bombers.
Get him to play defensive forward at Peel, at least it may get him on the park?
Let’s be honest Sturt, Erasmus are too good to play medium tall for the thunder, besides Banfield who is probably a better run with type than forward.
It’s just not going to happen with Valente in the centre😔

I believe I can potentially answer some of this.

I’m pretty sure that from the next draft, Gold Coast will have to match bids on their academy and NT kids, no longer being able pre-sign them.

I expect a couple of this years picks to be pushed in to next year, where they have a couple of very high end academy kids. And who knows what they’ll add from the NT next year as well.

They may also look to trade multiple later second round picks to us, as our first round pick is on the table for the highest points in the fewest picks package we can get.

I know they have to match academy players again this year but I’m not sure they need:
1x first rounder
3x second rounders
3x third rounders
2x fourth rounders

I’m almost certain some other club/s is going to benefit from Gold Coast’s list management strategy. Brisbane are in the box seat due to their F/S and Academy prospects. Unfortunately it’s becoming a very common theme for Gold Coast.

I've been reading that training in heat is much the same as altitude training. If so, WA teams are going to have a fitness edge this year!

I know they have to match academy players again this year but I’m not sure they need:
1x first rounder
3x second rounders
3x third rounders
2x fourth rounders

I’m almost certain some other club/s is going to benefit from Gold Coast’s list management strategy. Brisbane are in the box seat due to their F/S and Academy prospects. Unfortunately it’s becoming a very common theme for Gold Coast.
The second and third paragraph in my post you quoted addressed the bolded line.

Positive news regarding Tucker:
View attachment 1314670
If he had a limited pre season, then surely just let him play Peel for half the season in 202-. Looked gassed first game he came in and had to play catch up
Here’s for a great 2022
There weren't a lot of other options from memory. Much better depth this year.

And a 3/4 fit Tucker is still a better option to Blakely

Would like to hear from training watchers what Erasmus’ field kicking has been like ...?
Anyone have any comment to make about his delivery by foot in game situations?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Solid, have not noticed any issues with kicking on either foot. But better still, he loves to kick a goal which he has done at every match sim I have watched, love that from a midfielder.

Solid, have not noticed any issues with kicking on either foot. But better still, he loves to kick a goal which he has done at every match sim I have watched, love that from a midfielder.
Stop it!

Happy He Man GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed on the Fremantle site that the boys put in an extra running session at Kings park in the heat.
Apparently the ups and downs of the hill help with the strength of the hamstrings.
Maybe it is back to the future. I remember Percy Cerutty training the great middle distance runner Herb Elliott on the sand hill of the beach. And that was over 50 years ago.
It certainly looked like hot hard work, but looked like the boys enjoyed it.

Reports on instagram saying MJ has a small fracture in his foot and will be out for 4-5 weeks. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Reports on instagram saying MJ has a small fracture in his foot and will be out for 4-5 weeks. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Haven't heard anything... If that is true not only does it suck balls, It would continue a run of one of our top three picks having a significant injury in year one.

Names in no particular order:

Chapman
Young
Sturt
Brayshaw (Gaff Dog act)
Logue

Robs development opportunities. I am sure there are some that I have missed.

Yes this was posted on the welcome Matt Johnson board yesterday. Disappointing but should only be a minor setback and he’s not in anybody’s R1 calculations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back