Discussion 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone posted this on Twitter. Great run home!

View attachment 1670703
I have 11 that we should win going on the season so far
Hawks x 2 wins
WC x 1 win
Richmond x 2 wins
North x 2 wins
GC x 1 win
GWS x 1 win
Carlton x 1 win
Port x win

That would give us 11 more wins for a total of 16

Think we could take one off Lions also. Let’s see 😎
we will lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't and win 1 or 2 that we shouldn't

Lions - Demons and Crows all good sides and Cats looking good again

You know how people say stuff like "they were 5-1 last year... and they were 8-3" but what people don't realise is the difference in teams we had played by then compared to this year.

Our 5-1 start last year consisted of a loss to Collingwood and wins against Fremantle, Richmond, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and GWS (who were winless at the time) then a loss to Port, loss to Melbourne, wins against Geelong, Adelaide and north Melbourne before the run home which included double ups against Brisbane (eventually 4th), Sydney (eventually second) and another game versus eventual premier Geelong, as well as matches against eventual finalists Bulldogs and Fremantle with our only three wins coming against non finalist Carlton, runners up to the wooden spoon West Coast and Hawthorn who also finished in the bottom six.

So the comparisons are not the same based on how much kinder the draw is to us this year. Will be interesting to see how this pans out for us. Especially if teams such as Sydney and Richmond continue their poor form. It's very likely we will be 8-3 or better again before the bye - the difference is while we were getting all our injuries at that time last year, we will get players back after the break.

You know how people say stuff like "they were 5-1 last year... and they were 8-3" but what people don't realise is the difference in teams we had played by then compared to this year.

Our 5-1 start last year consisted of a loss to Collingwood and wins against Fremantle, Richmond, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and GWS (who were winless at the time) then a loss to Port, loss to Melbourne, wins against Geelong, Adelaide and north Melbourne before the run home which included double ups against Brisbane (eventually 4th), Sydney (eventually second) and another game versus eventual premier Geelong, as well as matches against eventual finalists Bulldogs and Fremantle with our only three wins coming against non finalist Carlton, runners up to the wooden spoon West Coast and Hawthorn who also finished in the bottom six.

So the comparisons are not the same based on how much kinder the draw is to us this year. Will be interesting to see how this pans out for us. Especially if teams such as Sydney and Richmond continue their poor form. It's very likely we will be 8-3 or better again before the bye - the difference is while we were getting all our injuries at that time last year, we will get players back after the break.
When we were 8 and 3, it was the way we won. We would play 1 good quarter and run over the top. Or maybe 2 good quarters. It was a rarity that we played 4 quarters of football.

100%

although to be honest i like the media banging on about it. friendly reminder to keep the boys honest

When we were 8 and 3, it was the way we won. We would play 1 good quarter and run over the top. Or maybe 2 good quarters. It was a rarity that we played 4 quarters of football.
Just need to listen to David Hoyne from Champion Data explain why it's a system that holds up compared to round 6 last year.

Our defence is basically the 3rd best in our history behind 66' and 09'

Basically we were 15th in the league for moving the ball from D50 to F50 and were just as bad at stopping teams transitioning from D50 to F50
this year we are 1st for moving the ball from D50 to F50 and are 2nd at stopping teams transitioning from D50 to F50

Last year we were also the most efficient team inside 50m last year after 6 rounds which although good in one way, also highlighted that it probably wasn't sustainable, which we ended up finding out. This year we are the opposite, our efficiency inside 50m is mid table which leaves a lot of room for improvement, especially with King to come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been flat out but I literally came here to complain about this absolute joke of a fixture.

Two out of nine games are on prime time and both are only Saturday nights.

Two more twilight games (one more in Melbourne) to go with the four we’ve already had (two of which have been in Melbourne)

Have to look after their darlings Collingwood bulldogs and Richmond.

Absolutely reamed. :thumbsdown:

See what poor performance does. N
Been flat out but I literally came here to complain about this absolute joke of a fixture.

Two out of nine games are on prime time and both are only Saturday nights.

Two more twilight games (one more in Melbourne) to go with the four we’ve already had (two of which have been in Melbourne)

Have to look after their darlings Collingwood bulldogs and Richmond.

Absolutely reamed. :thumbsdown:
And it's completely our own fault. We have proven time after time after time we can't handle prime time.

We should coast into the finals. Consistent 7 and 8 day breaks. One six day break for the last two months of the year is huge. In Melbourne for 5 of last 6 weeks of season too.

Maybe it's your boss's fault?
Nah ... been working a rotating shift roster (4 week cycles) with a colleague for nearly 10 years. Just happens that our run of Sunday afternoons falls perfectly with a rotation of Sunday-Thursday shifts ... this current timing of the shift rotations was initiated in 2015, so I can hardly blame my boss for that one ... I'm going to blame the AFL instead :fire:

In truth, it's ultimately my fault, because I took it on of my own volition ... I may resort to travelling in early, and hiding up on L3, or out the back of the goalzone on L1 where they have some countertop space for a laptop, if I haven't been paged by the bounce.

What's the point of them waiting to release the fixture if they are still going to give the teams in 13th and 14th multiple prime time games? Don't they claim it's so they can rewards the teams who perform to begin the season?

We'll just have to f**k them over by making Sunday afternoon the greatest show on earth, with King and Caminiti combining for 10 goals a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back