Prediction 2023 Number changes

Remove this Banner Ad

"Hi Nik, thanks for meeting me. We need you to packup your locker and move it to that one next to it. It might smell like smashed eggs for some strange reason..."
"But Josh, why? I like the 13"
"yes Nik, however you aren't indigenous but this new Cat B rookie is, we need some good new stories for the offseason"

ok i see the suggestion now, great idea for jumper numberz

10 is such a good number for Essendon, but it's super blue collar.
Foulds, O'Donnell, Noonan, McVeigh.

But 32 oozes class like Martin: Watson, Davis and Blumfield.
10 is Coleman’s number, who according to many who saw him may have been considered the best of all time if he was able to continue injury free. So for all the blue collar elsewhere, this offsets it IMO.

093A3093.jpg

ELIJAH Tsatas and Lewis Hayes will don the famous No.5 and No.18 respectively at Essendon.

Tsatas, taken with pick No.5 in the NAB AFL Draft, will wear that number, which has been made iconic by the likes of James Hird and Terry Daniher.
No.25 pick Hayes will take Michael Hurley's No.18, which was made famous by Matthew Lloyd and Paul Vander Haar.

After arriving from Melbourne during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, Sam Weideman has taken the No.10 made famous by the likes of John Coleman, Garry Foulds and Gary O'Donnell.

Will Setterfield will wear No.12 after joining from Carlton.

Alwyn Davey jnr (No.33), Jayden Davey (No.36), Rhett Montgomerie (No.38) and Anthony Munkara (No.45) were also given their numbers.

093A3093.jpg

ELIJAH Tsatas and Lewis Hayes will don the famous No.5 and No.18 respectively at Essendon.

Tsatas, taken with pick No.5 in the NAB AFL Draft, will wear that number, which has been made iconic by the likes of James Hird and Terry Daniher.
No.25 pick Hayes will take Michael Hurley's No.18, which was made famous by Matthew Lloyd and Paul Vander Haar.

After arriving from Melbourne during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, Sam Weideman has taken the No.10 made famous by the likes of John Coleman, Garry Foulds and Gary O'Donnell.

Will Setterfield will wear No.12 after joining from Carlton.

Alwyn Davey jnr (No.33), Jayden Davey (No.36), Rhett Montgomerie (No.38) and Anthony Munkara (No.45) were also given their numbers.
Weideman and Hayes should be standing where Montgomerie and Setterfield are. Opportunity sprayed wide by the photographer.

Just having a second look at the photo, I reckon that Amart might/should be a bit snaky that they are not on the jumpers being (Co Major Partners with Fujitsu) yet Liberty are.
Last year and next year Fujitsu and Amart will be the other way around, so they shouldn't be too upset in the long run given they pay for placement on the home/away guernsey, rather than placement of the guernseys.

Although I think when the player photos are taken they seem to alternate somehow between home and away guernseys so that the player portraits have a mix of Fujitsu and Amart on them, and they do the same with leadership group photos and that sort of stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would of liked to see Nic Martin take up number 32 (Tim Watson) or 33 (Caracella) of who Caracella reminds me of most

Remove this Banner Ad

Back