Preview 2023 Round 5 Carlton vs Adelaide Thursday April 13 7:40PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Welcome back Walshy
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

IN: Blake Acres, Matthew Kennedy, Sam Walsh
OUT: Sam Docherty (knee), Jack Carroll, Josh Honey, Lochie O'Brien

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernLachie Cowan
Centreline:Adam CerraPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Blake AcresCorey DurdinMatthew Kennedy
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Jack CarrollJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

Last edited:
Odd feeling this game, reckon this is the most nervous I’ve been before a game so far this season.

Would say it’s probably cause of the scars from round 20 last year and their improvement so far this season, but, this really does feel like an early 8 point game purely from a mental aspect for our mob.

Getting over the Adelaide Oval hurdle while also writing the wrongs of Round 20 last season would do absolute wonders to the psyche of the boys going forward.

Hoping our midfield dominates, as that’s the easiest way to curtail the likes of Dawson, Rachele and Rankine’s impact on the game.

Blues by 19, Charlie to kick 3 and Crippa + Worpa to combine for 65 touches and 2 goals.

All we have to do is play 4 quarters of footy for the first time this season. Each game so far we've probably played 1-1.5 decent quarter's worth of footy throughout the game, we get that up to 3-4 and we win!

Attacking footy seems to be your area of decent, I suspect that’s the same for a lot of others.

I know we can play an exciting brand of footy, we did it a lot last year and it got us 9th, but what’s really impressed me is how we’ve defended when the game is not on our terms.

I may be boring, I get just as excited with how we are defending than kicking 8 goals in a q like we did in the 3rd quarter against the filth last game last year. If we had the defensive fortitude last year like this year we would have finished top 4

Defending is not boring and also decent footy, I’d say 3 out of 4 quarters on average I’m happy with this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Really appreciate your insight. 👍 Do you think Carroll is better than Dow? I don’t. Surely they are competing for the same role?

Personally, I see Dow as a pure inside mid (competing with Crippa, Kennedy and Hewett) and Carroll as a balanced inside/outside mid (competing with Cerra and Walsh).

At this point I would say that Carroll has more strings to his bow that helps our team whereas Dow is probably the better overall footballer, if that makes sense.

Odd feeling this game, reckon this is the most nervous I’ve been before a game so far this season.

Would say it’s probably cause of the scars from round 20 last year and their improvement so far this season, but, this really does feel like an early 8 point game purely from a mental aspect for our mob.

Getting over the Adelaide Oval hurdle while also writing the wrongs of Round 20 last season would do absolute wonders to the psyche of the boys going forward.

Hoping our midfield dominates, as that’s the easiest way to curtail the likes of Dawson, Rachele and Rankine’s impact on the game.

Blues by 19, Charlie to kick 3 and Crippa + Worpa to combine for 65 touches and 2 goals.
Scars from R23 grew over R20 for me - like looking into the sun, everything else invisible

Attacking footy seems to be your area of decent, I suspect that’s the same for a lot of others.

I know we can play an exciting brand of footy, we did it a lot last year and it got us 9th, but what’s really impressed me is how we’ve defended when the game is not on our terms.

I may be boring, I get just as excited with how we are defending than kicking 8 goals in a q like we did in the 3rd quarter against the filth last game last year. If we had the defensive fortitude last year like this year we would have finished top 4

Defending is not boring and also decent footy, I’d say 3 out of 4 quarters on average I’m happy with this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I will say that, while I agree with your point in essence, I would like our defensive footy to still see a net gain on the scoreboard. For example, the first half against NM - if we'd played slow, controlling footy and gone into the QT break 8 points up, then built on the lead and gone into the HT break 14 points up, and then blitzed them in the 3rd - that would have been much more reassuring than playing slow and conservative and going into half time behind on the scoreboard.

Can't win every quarter, of course. Would just be nice to see the boys implement the slow build up without that allowing the opposition to get ahead.

Fired up, will be watching with Sinjin Jnr who is still riding high after witnessing his first win live last week.

What to expect of Walsh?? We know he's an out and out gun but he has missed a fair bit of footy and its his first game back. The other half of me thinks that Vossy and the medical team would have managed his preparation so well (i.e. not rushing him back, ensuring he hits training milestones and kpi's) that he could have an instant impact.

Anticipation is killing me, C'mon Blue Boys!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fired up, will be watching with Sinjin Jnr who is still riding high after witnessing his first win live last week.

What to expect of Walsh?? We know he's an out and out gun but he has missed a fair bit of footy and its his first game back. The other half of me thinks that Vossy and the medical team would have managed his preparation so well (i.e. not rushing him back, ensuring he hits training milestones and kpi's) that he could have an instant impact.

He’s been beating the door down by all reports - let the beast loose - 30+ for SW tonight :)

Strangely, this is the most calm I have been before a game in a long time. I reckon we will smash them...
Me too

Calm
Expecting a great game.
Confident we CAN win.
Not so much about a smashing.
But I'm prepared to say anything over 1 goal is indeed a smashing.;)

Some of you Carlton parents are fantastic

But that's not me. Oh, no!

I just had my boy do my BigFooty tips

Every other game he had on what I thought the result was going to be except he had WCE over Geelong..

Adelaide Vs Carlton?

Adelaide.

How much by?

FIFTY? Say what?

No. I'm sorry. I mean one hundred.

Please send help!

Meh, you got it easy. On April 1st, first thing in the morning my son said he is sick of going for Carlton and is switching to the Bombers, without realising it was in fact April the 1st I told him to pack his things and get out of the house.

Still haven't forgiven him for that prank.

In other words,
You're saying,
Bounce the Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back