Preview 2023 Round 5 Carlton vs Adelaide Thursday April 13 7:40PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Welcome back Walshy
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

IN: Blake Acres, Matthew Kennedy, Sam Walsh
OUT: Sam Docherty (knee), Jack Carroll, Josh Honey, Lochie O'Brien

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernLachie Cowan
Centreline:Adam CerraPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Blake AcresCorey DurdinMatthew Kennedy
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Jack CarrollJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

Last edited:
Weather looks ok for tonight?

Perfect.

Rest of the weekend not so much...
Freo v Gold Coast and Richmond v Sydney could be scrappy.
Essendon v Melbourne and Port v Bulldogs could be under water.
Geelong v West Coast and Collingwood v St Kilda could be in a swamp.

1681361085676.png

Looking ahead to R6:
  • We'll be coming off a 9-day break from the first game at Adelaide oval, on a dry track.
  • St Kilda will be coming off a 6-day break from the sixth game at Adelaide oval, after 2 days of potential heavy rain, against a strong Pies outfit.

Arguably the best time to face the as-yet unbeaten Saints.

Last edited:

Crows defenders:
Murray - 33 games - 194cm
Butts - 46 games - 198cm
Michalanney - 4 games - 190cm
Hinge - 25 games - 189cm
Doedee - 75 games - 187cm
Smith - 229 games - 189cm

Overall very inexperienced and hoping Charlie and Harry will be too much to handle.

Harry will WIPE HIS. :D

1. I think so, given we are replacing specific roles in the team rather than putting in the best performing VFL player from the week prior.

2. Yes, among other things (eg. lack of AFL level physicality, poor disposal by foot, poor performance when called upon last year etc.)

3. Yes, it appears that way. Sad for it to go like this, but that's footy sometimes.

4. I think we're looking to give Kempy an uninterrupted run of games in a single role before putting him in the first team. He's been thrown around too much in crucial development years. I think the coaches have finally decided on his best position (the McGovern role) and want to see what he can do. Makes more sense to name Plow as emergency given he has likely reached the apex of his development and can cover for more players than Kemp would if there were a late out in our backline.
Really appreciate your insight. 👍 Do you think Carroll is better than Dow? I don’t. Surely they are competing for the same role?

Really appreciate your insight. 👍 Do you think Carroll is better than Dow? I don’t. Surely they are competing for the same role?
Watched Carroll closely when he came on last week and i think he's got it, moved through traffic like Pendlebury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect.

Rest of the weekend not so much...
Freo v Gold Coast and Richmond v Sydney could be scrappy.
Essendon v Melbourne and Port v Bulldogs could be under water.
Geelong v West Coast and Collingwood v St Kilda could be in a swamp.

View attachment 1658628

Looking ahead to R6:
  • We'll be coming off a 9-day break from the first game at Adelaide oval, on a dry track.
  • St Kilda will be coming off a 6-day break from the sixth game at Adelaide oval, after 2 days of potential heavy rain, against a strong Pies outfit.

Arguably the best time to face the as-yet unbeaten Saints.
hopefully this means our talls have a big influence!

also hopefully the saints get tired legs for next week running in the soggy grass.

I can never read his game. based on my eye test I see him not fully committing in contests but when in space with ball he’s good. Stats also support him.
I hope he has a really good game. We need his link up to support running ball across the arcs.
I really hope he smashes it. I’ve been one of those unimpressed with his season so far. He gives us an important POD if he can increase his influence.

We got absolutely pantsed there last season.

This will be as impressive a win as we’ve had all season imo.
Bruce: you get the feeling this will either be an impressive win from Carlton
Or we will find out they are pretenders.

Sen reckons Charlie might had a nick in his quad from training yesterday. Hope not!
Joey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
uh GIF

If it was Andy Maher talking a little nick I'll be expecting Charlie to be playing. For someone closely tied to Carlton I've never heard anyone who gets less reliable info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back