Vent 2023 Vents & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Selecting Bailey Dale at D1 has been an absolute effing nightmare!!!!!!

The Kent is killing my ranking and cash league match ups. If he was pumping out 80s as his floor i could deal with that.

But this little moustached looking kent has scored 56, 57, 64 and a 59 now out of 8 games! Wil be down about 130k after this weekend and averaging in the 70s.

Need to get rid of the Kent but need to get rookies off field!!

Then there’s macrae, the bloke I took over Bont!!! It’s cost me about 250 points now. 29 touches for 88. Use the effing ball ya big chinned shovel headed kent 😀

Don’t get my started on Saturday nights and PODS in match ups 💩 last 4 weeks have been brutal. If I could just sit down on a Saturday night after footy all day and enjoy my playing not spudding it up for once that would be great.

Round 8
Darcy 77
Macrae 88
Dale 59

Round 7
Ginbey 39 on field

Round 6
Lloyd 77

Round 5
Dale 57

Selecting Bailey Dale at D1 has been an absolute effing nightmare!!!!!!

The Kent is killing my ranking and cash league match ups. If he was pumping out 80s as his floor i could deal with that.

But this little moustached looking kent has scored 56, 57, 64 and a 59 now out of 8 games! Wil be down about 130k after this weekend and averaging in the 70s.

Need to get rid of the Kent but need to get rookies off field!!

Then there’s macrae, the bloke I took over Bont!!! It’s cost me about 250 points now. 29 touches for 88. Use the effing ball ya big chinned shovel headed kent 😀

Don’t get my started on Saturday nights and PODS in match ups 💩 last 4 weeks have been brutal. If I could just sit down on a Saturday night after footy all day and enjoy my playing not spudding it up for once that would be great.

Round 8
Darcy 77
Macrae 88
Dale 59

Round 7
Ginbey 39 on field

Round 6
Lloyd 77

Round 5
Dale 57

Just delete? Haha

But seriously, it’s almost too late to play catch up this late into season. Only way back is to go unique PODs capable (but maybe not regularly) cracking tons: eg anderson, Brayshaw, Cameron etc

Every midpricer I trade out miraculously returns to form.

Two weeks ago JHF
Last week Pickett
This week Jackson

Meanwhile I continue to hold Setterfield and LDU.
Frustrated Head GIF

Ho-boy, where the * do I start?

IMG_1997.jpeg IMG_1998.jpeg

This was my starting line-up but switched Cumming to Ridley and Gulden to Rozee before the first bounce.

Got sucked in by the $419k price tag for an inside mid and thought he would average 90-95, Flanders was just a mistake… was flipping between he and Oscar Allen all pre-season and decided to go with stupid unsexy Flanders.

L Jones to Sheezel was the first trade after round 1 which was a resounding success…

Then, against my better judgement, this happened.

IMG_2132.jpeg

and then the wheels fell off.

Didn’t start Chandler. Didn’t start Sav. Probably should’ve grabbed S.Ryan as well, but didn’t, was too busy playing catch up from that disastrous set of trades before round 3.

Yes, it netted me Daicos, BUT, I then burnt another trade to get DC to Grundy, who was good for a couple, lost Docherty to injury, and I also started culling cows a week or two early as I was sitting ranked at 53k after the first 3, so needed to make up ground.

It’s going to be a lonely last six rounds of the season, with no trades and donuts galore…

hqvcf68K.gif

Ho-boy, where the * do I start?

View attachment 1682542View attachment 1682543

This was my starting line-up but switched Cumming to Ridley and Gulden to Rozee before the first bounce.

Got sucked in by the $419k price tag for an inside mid and thought he would average 90-95, Flanders was just a mistake… was flipping between he and Oscar Allen all pre-season and decided to go with stupid unsexy Flanders.

L Jones to Sheezel was the first trade after round 1 which was a resounding success…

Then, against my better judgement, this happened.

View attachment 1682545

and then the wheels fell off.

Didn’t start Chandler. Didn’t start Sav. Probably should’ve grabbed S.Ryan as well, but didn’t, was too busy playing catch up from that disastrous set of trades before round 3.

Yes, it netted me Daicos, BUT, I then burnt another trade to get DC to Grundy, who was good for a couple, lost Docherty to injury, and I also started culling cows a week or two early as I was sitting ranked at 53k after the first 3, so needed to make up ground.

It’s going to be a lonely last six rounds of the season, with no trades and donuts galore…

View attachment 1682548
Somebody call this depressing campaigner a waaaaaahmbulance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the season from hell. Went for two players under 500k to spice the team up, instead of one premo (likely Anderson :mad:) and a rookie. Decided on Will Powell and Toby Greene. I was then out and about and didn't see Greene was a late out, otherwise I probably would've had no choice but to bing Ziebell in.

The end to this year couldn't come quick enough

Two dads LDU. Got rid of Neale for him and has destroyed me every week since then. I guess that trade helped in facilitating Daicos but watching him take a dump on my team has me melting weekly on gameday threads. This trend will continue as I refuse to let him go and have other problems to deal with. Dark Sharks Surely one week he'll ton up again, right? :$

LDU derailed my year last year, killed it before coming back after I traded him and playing like Gaz JNR.

It was the North spuds on here that got me into him actually. Ugh.

He's once again been the worst trade of all tith again this year, and I'm currently still ranked 73. Just imagine if I hadn't of got that spud.

Delayed getting him. Delayed Delayed Delayed until everyone else jumped on when he was averaging 130.... legit the highest player in the game...

Total campaigner. I'm not against nuffies abusing AFL players, but I'd sure like to drive past him with my car on the sidewalk and hit him with my door.

LMAO...missed the rd.1 header and therefore it took me an embarrassing amount of time to realise that wasn't your current lineup!

'Hmmm, bit thin in defense and slow on the upgrade there Veiny...' [scrolls down to midfield]

wtf-geezer.gif
This is the current basket case of unwashed rag-tag misfits that currently adorn my clubhouse prior to trading, which based on my calculations is getting dangerously low for this particular point of the season.

IMG_2149.jpeg IMG_2150.jpeg

Very nearly started the defensive trio of Dale, Cumming, AND Ridley.

Proverbial bullets dodged there, Ray, and thank * for that!

This is the current basket case of unwashed rag-tag misfits that currently adorn my clubhouse prior to trading, which based on my calculations is getting dangerously low for this particular point of the season.

View attachment 1683348View attachment 1683349

the office burn GIF

View attachment 1683348View attachment 1683349

Seen plenty of worse teams mate, you've done a good job to get back to competitive by the looks of it. Cash gen looks the biggest worry, but you're not Pat Malone there and at least you've got several of the hardest blokes to afford if you didn't start them or get on early.

I've got similar problems for the same reason - bombed the starting lineup badly. Starting premo defenders were Sic/Doc/Dale, mids were Neale and Brodie (went 5 premo FWDS). Out of that I figured Brodie was the only real risk and at worst he'd lose $50K, but worth the risk for his uniqueness with hopefully added TOG, experience and a fit Darcy.

Went <2000 the first two rounds and out of those 5 starting 'premo's', I only still own Neale and Sicily (and I really don't want to own either!:D)

No Dawson, no Bont, less trades, I'm equally cooked at this point mate, but still enjoying the ride. On reflection, I probably do enjoy the low-level challenge of trying in vain to fix disaster seasons more than spending the year sweating every week on a high rank!

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.28.15 pm.png

Unless I get a really good run with injuries, I'll be lucky to get a properly completed side I'm vaguely happy with, but I'll just keep dragging in motley unique fallen hopefuls from the bargain bin, throwing them against the team sheet and praying they stick, until the inevitable 'no trades left' thread appearance.

Race ya! :moustache:

Isaac Cumming. Barely considered him the whole pre-season and he ended up in my R1 side in place of Naicos.

I brought Naicos in as a correction for Stewart who was meant to miss a month and he only missed the 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back