Votes: 40 44.0%
  • Yes - I'll be picking Daicos in R1 - If he scores 100 or more in R0

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No - I won't be picking Daicos in R1 - Irrespective of his R0 score

Votes: 35 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are Scoops, why is your team Collingwood?
Because Scoops was Scoops before Scoops was Scoops. Beware cheap imitations.
And one must ask oneself:
Did Mata Hari wear a name badge?
Did Deep Throat hand out business cards?
Scoops rests Scoops' case.

Last edited:

Thoughts on Kiddy Coleman? Is it an awkward price to pick him up from the get go?

You’re picking him as a keeper. If you think he can average 110 and be a top 10 defender he’s a bargain.

If you don’t then don’t waste your money and find a cheaper money maker. He’s a risky pick but if you think he’s good enough to break out then take that risk

You’re picking him as a keeper. If you think he can average 110 and be a top 10 defender he’s a bargain.

If you don’t then don’t waste your money and find a cheaper money maker. He’s a risky pick but if you think he’s good enough to break out then take that risk
Does someone have to average 110 to be a keeper..?

Probably not. But defender's have been scoring really well the last few years.
Daicos Sicily and Stewart probably will. Maybe a couple more. Id say 100-105 is probably a good goal for d6.
Guesswork at this stage though
I’d take 95-100, if he goes 90-95 as D6 its still worth it in my book.

Whilst your D6 might score less than others it just means your M8 of F6 could be stronger than others.

I’m in. 😀

Any love for Nic Newman? Averaged 112.1 from round 14 last year. He scored over 100 8/10 times in that stretch, one being a 59 the other in the 90s. Yes he has the early bye but he has 1.2% ownership. I’m not sure what changed for Newman mid year but I can’t believe the lack of hype he has for 559k. He was 2nd or 3rd priority for kick ins which isn’t super ideal but clearly they were looking to get him the ball as he started getting 20+ touches almost every week. As far as I’m aware he had the most touches for the blues yesterday too IMG_1579.jpeg

Any love for Nic Newman? Averaged 112.1 from round 14 last year. He scored over 100 8/10 times in that stretch, one being a 59 the other in the 90s. Yes he has the early bye but he has 1.2% ownership. I’m not sure what changed for Newman mid year but I can’t believe the lack of hype he has for 559k. He was 2nd or 3rd priority for kick ins which isn’t super ideal but clearly they were looking to get him the ball as he started getting 20+ touches almost every week. As far as I’m aware he had the most touches for the blues yesterday too View attachment 1911244

Worth considering if passing on ZW. Starting with 2 round 3 Defs not ideal.

Any love for Nic Newman? Averaged 112.1 from round 14 last year. He scored over 100 8/10 times in that stretch, one being a 59 the other in the 90s. Yes he has the early bye but he has 1.2% ownership. I’m not sure what changed for Newman mid year but I can’t believe the lack of hype he has for 559k. He was 2nd or 3rd priority for kick ins which isn’t super ideal but clearly they were looking to get him the ball as he started getting 20+ touches almost every week. As far as I’m aware he had the most touches for the blues yesterday too View attachment 1911244
I don’t know enough about why he went so well last year to pick him. Where did the opportunity come from and is their structure likely the same? He’s a good player but often feels like he’s borderline best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the bye is a shame and it’ll be interesting to see what happens with Williams in the side. I’m trying to figure out why he improved because round 1-10 (injured round 11 on 28 and missed two games) he averaged 95.5 5/10 100+. His 100+ games were big, but his bad games were bad. Rounds 1-10 he had 20+ touches 6/10 games and rounds 14-24 he had 20+ 8/10. So only two more games with 20+ yet his average went from 95 to 112

Yeah the bye is a shame and it’ll be interesting to see what happens with Williams in the side. I’m trying to figure out why he improved because round 1-10 (injured round 11 on 28 and missed two games) he averaged 95.5 5/10 100+. His 100+ games were big, but his bad games were bad. Rounds 1-10 he had 20+ touches 6/10 games and rounds 14-24 he had 20+ 8/10. So only two more games with 20+ yet his average went from 95 to 112
Sounds like he got better as we sucked less 😂

He’s a gun player, well loved at Princes Park and best 22 every day of the week but I don’t think he’s a great SC option personally. His scoring probably improved as a result of Docherty playing significantly more midfield/wing/HF last season but with the re-addition of Zilliams (made of paper mache as he is) I feel he’s probably priced at his ceiling.

He might average 100 again but I can’t really see him kicking on to anything beyond that. Doesn’t present the value the more popular picks in Young/Sheezel do

Because Scoops was Scoops before Scoops was Scoops. Beware cheap imitations.
And one must ask oneself:
Did Mata Hari wear a name badge?
Did Deep Throat hand out business cards?
Scoops rests Scoops' case.
1708643135283.jpeg
Was it 1 scoop or 2 😇😇😇

I know Whitfield had 25 or so touches yesterday but how did he look? Do we think he can maintain his 107 post bye average?

Another player I'd like to pick if not for the bye situation. Had him last year when Daicos went down. Was very good

Back