Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

??? > NWM

I put Yeo in the midfield to start to cover off potential defender failures and he's already back in defense with Coffield and Howes likely to leave my side before round 6, when half my bloody team become defenders.

Daicos won't be coming in until round 6 at the earliest, Whitfield will likely stay despite his bye, hopefully Young stays in the middle, and Yeo just need to stay on the park. Might be a DPP swap next week pending how Newcombe / Fisher go this week. Still plenty of cash to make elsewhere though :think:

Barring injuries, Daicos is gone.

I don't think people should swap him for NWM though. I already have Nas and would rather that nobody else did.
Feel like you just ride the ownership at this point. You’ll have to get him back in eventually so that’s two trades and he maybe drops 100k? For someone that’s clearly a D1 at high ownership I won’t be overthinking it

Would you rather Heeney and play Sharp (bringing in heeney with intention of trading him on his bye)
Or
Crouch and play Lazzarro

If Mannagh plays a full game, could be a good early cash in for Seth Campbell who might be around the 300k mark after this week (would need to score 40 or so to do this).

With the 60k I took into the week, might give me 160k to put on top of Sexton. Not sure who I'd target in the low 600s though or whether I'd be best to keep building cash and target an early upgrade of Roberts in R5.

I was planning on flicking Daicos and an underperforming mid after round 3 to 2 players coming off the rounds 2 & 3 byes, might have to bring that forward a week to 2 players coming off the round 2 bye.

I know it's said that I'll have to get Daicos back in and it'll cost 2-3 trades to do it, my take is that I'll be bringing in a player that would have cost 2-3 trades anyway, so the overall cost is only 1 trade albeit a sideways one but gambling on the fact that I'll gain 100pts from the trade, a 60 in round 4 from Daicos (50pts from added premo) and 50 pts Daicos loses at his bye added to the $100k gained by trading out then back in.

Of course I'll have another injury or two to deal with this week, scuttling those plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issues with the team, no failed picks. But thinking with my 157k banked, I go crouch (105) I'm for Laird, bank 200k and dona downgrade.

Use my 357k plus to get Jordan to flanders post bye

Weighing up the following 2 trade scenarios:

Grundy - Xerri
Thomas - Sharp

Vs

Yeo - Dambrosio
Thomas - Sharp

Leaning towards the first option as i feel Yeo could still be good and Dambrosio im not fully sold on.

It would be typical Grundy to drop a 120 on me if i trade him.

Literally have no one else to trade bar Fyfe and Jordan. One goes to flanders post bye.

Guess I do price projector and see who makes more coin scoring 75 over the next 3 to decide. Doubt Fyfe is sub again

Options are one to a rookie and Reid to Massimo, or one to Powell, fix a rookie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_215608_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_215608_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 35
At this stage I'm ranking targets below

1. D'Ambrossio
2. Powell
3. Clark (Freo)
4. Billings

Obviously Sharp, Howes, Roberts are a must if you don't own.

Currently considering Amon > Powell & Hore > D'Ambrossio.

This gets me 3 mid rooks on-field who're scoring as well as mid-pricers and removes a rookie in defence

Dunno if it’s the right move but

Young>Massimo
Amon>Powell

Should be 450k banked ready for Flanders next week.
That type of thing is an awesome strategy, I did it one year coming out of the byes and got stuck with $500k ish for 3 weeks straight due to sideways trades of 1 injured, and 1 bye player. Just didn't get the chance to spend it.

Still good in theory though. You've just gotta hope it goes as planned and if not, your ins are still worth it as they're matching score and making $ over the outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back