Game Day 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2058. Only had Rozee as a problem, but he still outscored every one of my bench players, so not really a big problem. Went up about 3.5k spots to just inside the top 18k.

Yep. While a lot is knowledge and research on players roles and positions, luck almost always dictates who finishes in the top 100 or top 1k.
Prime example is the bloke on top after this round. No Green plus has Zorko. Absolute fluke and really completely undeserved. Zorko is not a smart play whilst Green in the wet should be a monty for 120. Instead it’s a 175 point swing over most people who have Green, and no Zork

Last edited:
Prime example is the bloke on top after this round. No Green plus has Zorko. Absolute fluke and really completely undeserved. Zorko is not a smart play whilst Green in the wet should be a monty for 120. Instead it’s a 175 point swing over most people who have Green, and no Zork
Zorko is avg 121.5 in the last four weeks since I brought him in...how long does he have to continue like that until it's deemed a 'smart play'?

2058. Only had Rozee as a problem, but he still outscored every one of my bench players, so not really a big problem. Went up about 3.5k spots to just inside the top 18k.
Similar, 2066, though did the loop with Rozee and sat him on the bench but ended up taking Gallager's 47 instead - meh 4pts. Some serious reno's required for the FWD line. Still, now back in to the top 10000 for an 8012 ranking. Now I can feature in some of those great Venn diagrams! ;)

Zorko is avg 121.5 in the last four weeks since I brought him in...how long does he have to continue like that until it's deemed a 'smart play'?
Scoring wise definitely. But unless you got him at 800, bringing in a 35 year old bloke with a long history of soft tissue injuries for is nuts. If you told me one of Green or Zorko would have a 7 point game it’s Zork every day of the week.

Prime example is the bloke on top after this round. No Green plus has Zorko. Absolute fluke and really completely undeserved. Zorko is not a smart play whilst Green in the wet should be a monty for 120. Instead it’s a 175 point swing over most people who have Green, and no Zorko.
I've been following last year's AFL fantasy winner's team for the season so far and he was ranked 2000 odd going into this round. His rank would have plummeted with Tom Green, Whitfield, Fyfe on his field as well as the standard picks like Yeo and Macrae as well.

You can't tell me that he magically got tha much worse as a coach after winning it last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been following last year's AFL fantasy winner's team for the season so far and he was ranked 2000 odd going into this round. His rank would have plummeted with Tom Green, Whitfield, Fyfe on his field as well as the standard picks like Yeo and Macrae as well.

You can't tell me that he magically got tha much worse as a coach after winning it last year.

Is the concept of luck playing a part in this game just occurring to you?

On the skill v luck point - getting to the top 5k-ish before the byes is pure skill, you can't fluke that strong an early start as you need to nail the early picks when there's limited in-season data.

From there luck plays a massive part and it's also a different type of skill needed as well, balancing when to be aggressive/POD picking and when to play a straight bat, definitely a weak spot in my game as I usually peak in R3/4 each year then go backwards 😆

2011 and out 400 places to 6,080

Looks like a wild round. Some massive scores and some absolute nightmares. I seem to have found myself in the middle. Caught the Kennedy bullet early but was forced into playing six rookies on field. Wilson and Windsor scoring 199 between them outscoring the likes of Sheezel, Whitfield, Stewart, Yeo and Gawn. My only real mistake was keeping Lohmann on the bench as I had a chance to flick Flanders / Graham / Clohesy before the last game.

I'm just salty at Corkintheocean for not telling me to get on the Zork train at the same time.

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back